Did Chinese people help create reggae. Live debate at 5:45

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So she thinks people see a West Indian when they look at her face? Chick said “we” had to overcome West Indian stereotype about weed and violence like nigs thought she look like a Rasta.. man go grab the wok and get to cooking women

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shes not "chinese". Shes Jamaican.

She didnt "create" shit. She operated a record store and later a label.

Seems like a nice lady overall.
She was Jamaican. She had to flee to queens ny during the 60 due to riots in Jamaica and politics and attacks on Chinese.
There is a large population of Chinese in queens. Which is where she resides till this day

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Paying tribute to soca pioneer Byron lee who introduced the first electric guitar to the carribean used for soca music in Jamaica

Founded the soca group Byron lee and the dragonaires

Last edited:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No problem. Just paying tribute to the pioneers.
And actually it was 3 Chinese. We can’t forget Byron lee and Tom the great Sebastian.
Three? Nah, I was OK with one but three is over the line! I’m gonna start working on a reggae documentary that proves it was all Black Jamaicans. I‘m thinking I might call it “Selecta Check”. What you think?

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Reggae is the heart beat, The Jamaican national motto is 'Out of Many One People', based on the population's multiracial roots.​

There’s a mural in Tobago on the wall across the street from the Scarborough Rituals that reverse engineers that motto.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Three? Nah, I was OK with one but three is over the line! I’m gonna start working on a reggae documentary that proves it was all Black Jamaicans. I‘m thinking I might call it “Selecta Check”. What you think?
I think 3 could make the case for 50/50 for real

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
adele-jamaican-2.jpg

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone made a research video about Chinese pioneers of reggae

Turns out the Chinese pioneer of reggae got his influence from watching the ed Sullivan show watching black Americans do r and b music.

Last edited: