Drake & Future SummerSixteen tour. Duo performing In Nola Concert 9/2/16

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Drake Fined $13,000 for Performing Past Time Limit at Dallas Concert

CoDna5hXgAAEObM.jpg

by C. Vernon Coleman II July 23, 2016 10:20 AM
As we’ve seen in the past, there are some artists who could give a damn about fans’ time when it comes to their concerts. Drake is not one of those artists. The Canadian MC reportedly came up out of his pocket with 13 grand after he went over the venue time limit during a show in Dallas, Texas to make up for showing up late.

Drizzy and Future’s Summer Sixteen tour rolled into the DFW on Thursday (July 21) with a show at the American Airlines Center. But the duo arrived late and were clearly slated to go past the allotted time limit of midnight. Going over the time limit meant they would get a $6,500 fine for every 15 minutes past midnight that the show continued.

However, the threat of a several grand coming out of his pocket was of no consequence to Aubrey. “What you wanna go like a hour 15?,” he asked the frenzied crowd. “You wanna go like a hour 30? You trying to go for the two piece? I’m trying to go for the two piece too. So if it cost me money, Dallas Texas it’s on me. Trust me let’s go.”
CoDuYqfUsAA7uLS.jpg

Drake ended up going a full 35 minutes after the clock struck 12 leading to the $13,000 charge. But loosing 13 racks to Drizzy is well worth giving the fans an unforgettable experience.

The tour continues tonight with a show in Kansas City, Mo. Check out the rest of the dates, here.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Nice of Drake to give the full concert ticket buyers paid for, but this "news" is a publicity stunt.
And there wasn't a "fine"; the Arena has to pay union overtime to probably 100+ staff workers.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
What is a Drake concert really like, anyway?

Is it any good? I know its probably mostly females and homos there, but beyond that, does he put on a great show w/ live instrumentation?

JamesATL

Lurker
BGOL Investor
yeah,
Nice of Drake to give the full concert ticket buyers paid for, but this "news" is a publicity stunt.
And there wasn't a "fine"; the Arena has to pay union overtime to probably 100+ staff workers.

yeah thats all that happened.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Is it any good? I know its probably mostly females and homos there, but beyond that, does he put on a great show w/ live instrumentation?

I was about to do a thread, but I'll use this one... I'm fuck around and be looking like a Drake stan

I really can't see Rap concert being anything other than being simple.

Seen a few clips, the set designer have a few nice features....

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

This one of the clips I was talking about...

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
You are being shortchanged; African concerts start at 10,
or later, and may go till 6 am the next day.......