DRIVER FATIGUE!

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It happens especially when you're driving over the same roads over and over again.

Highway driving will do it too,that long road,there's no more conversation going on,the radios music sounds the same and you're pushing it trying to make it home.....everyone isn't built for that shit,I ain't,I'll take a pit stop just to see if they have different food items.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It happens especially when you're driving over the same roads over and over again.

Highway driving will do it too,that long road,there's no more conversation going on,the radios music sounds the same and you're pushing it trying to make it home.....everyone isn't built for that shit,I ain't,I'll take a pit stop just to see if they have different food items.
Long roads create a hypnotizing effect.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad everyone was ok, but she should not have been let go. It happens. Drivers need to be on lower road hours for this exact thing, and Atlanta's roads are TERRIBLE for driving as it is.

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had driver fatigue one time, long story short, my eyes closed and my mind still had a picture of the road clear as if my eyes were open. I tapped the guard rail thinking someone had hit me. Looked around and no other cars were in sight, luckily.

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Years ago, I had driver's fatigue crossing the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn, upper deck at 2am. All I remember was going pass the toll area and then seeing the Brooklyn southern coastline before the car came back down on the bridge roadway. Fucked up the side and tires on my Olds '98 but at least I'm here to tell the story.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

I can’t drive the amount of miles none stop anymore at this stage in life. Having to stop and charge the battery helps for us old farts.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

Always keeping the driver side window open a bit to keep myself connected with road sounds and airflow.
Shidddddd, I call it the SLEEP MONSTER and when that thing get a hold of you nothing not window down, music up, singing out loud, waving hand out the window will get it off you..lol....a few years ago coming home from work late at night it got a hold of me, soon as I ran off the road I snapped back but had hit a curb and bust my tire.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Glad everyone was ok, but she should not have been let go. It happens. Drivers need to be on lower road hours for this exact thing, and Atlanta's roads are TERRIBLE for driving as it is.
That company looked at her as a liability.. 5 figs in damage they got to come out of their pocket for repairs.. they in the bizz of making money not losing money.. they thinking let’s take this 5 fig l now and cut her off cause next time she might hit a human or have passengers on board we really will have to pay out our ass on multiple lawsuits. This is how bizz thinks

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Happened to me one time working so much overtime coming home. Closed my eyes for a second and drifted off into oncoming traffic. Quickly woke up and got back in my lane. Scariest shit in my life!!! Never a fuckin gain!!!! :smh: Still working mad ot but if I feel a bit tired I roll the window down. Helps like a muthafucka.

bBIoGM.jpg

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Almost ran off the road driving tired and sleepy through the mountains on the way home from Nashville. Only took me one time. I'll pull over and rest now if I have to.
You got lucky. I noticed when I got over 35 years old. If I didn’t get a good amount of sleep, I start does not driving what I was going back-and-forth between Florida. One day I had a rude, awakening and I decided to stop playing games and get good night sleep, and if I get sleepy, pull over into a safe place and take a nap.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Happened to me one time working so much overtime coming home. Closed my eyes for a second and drifted off into oncoming traffic. Quickly woke up and got back in my lane. Scariest shit in my life!!! Never a fuckin gain!!!! :smh: Still working mad ot but if I feel a bit tired I roll the window down. Helps like a muthafucka.
I’m glad you are OK it sounds like you needed some snow white and seven Red Bulls

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shidddddd, I call it the SLEEP MONSTER and when that thing get a hold of you nothing not window down, music up, singing out loud, waving hand out the window will get it off you..lol....a few years ago coming home from work late at night it got a hold of me, soon as I ran off the road I snapped back but had hit a curb and bust my tire.
That's how I thought of my screen name. Growing up I use to hear people say Sleep or Z Monster all the time.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shit happened to me, a few years ago. Tried to be Superman. And work two jobs with three hours of sleep. I was good driving to the second job. But that on my way home. I was like this :yawn2: driving on the highway.

Until one day I scraped the side of my car on a railing. Was lucky as fuck too. I woke up just in time to turn the wheel.