Dwight Howard will never be better than Shaq

rp07385

wannabe star
Registered
This nigga is pitiful...I would be screaming at my team mates right now...He is definately a human specimen, but as far as having that fire inside this dude definitely needs a light. People try to tell me he is and will be better than Shaq but i beg to differ. Shaq was commanding the ball, especially during crunch time. The Magic shoot threes all game and Howard look complacent with it. 12 point and 17 rebs will not do it bro....maybe its just me

DBCooper

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Co-sign..........It's not just you.

The only time he went after the ball in crunch time was when he had no business being on the court.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

I've never heard one educated person argue that Dwight Howard is currently or will ever be better than vintage Shaq.

Actor4Truth

Star
Registered
He is def no shaq..! Shit compared to old school shaq.. Ewing.. or Hakiem.. hes a Power Foward..! He's the New Leauge version of a big man.. a fair comparison is to Amre..!
He def needs to step up his game.. but he has no Vets around him to show him the next level..! On top of that the coach is SOFT as hell to.. matter of fact the whole squad is soft..! Orlando needs a battle tested vet on their squad.. and a "get in your face" type coach..!

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is a better rebounder and shotblocker than Shaq

I don't think he will ever score at the level Shaq did but he is the best Center in the NBA and he will hold that crown as long as Shaq did

blooo

Star
Registered
Dude needs some serious Post Moves, If Garnett and Powe were Playing this past serious, his rebounds and Points would've been waaay Down. Good thing is he dominates teams who have nobody to match his athleticism, which is a Plus for him. why don't Teams hire Olajuwon to work with their Centers ???

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude needs some serious Post Moves, If Garnett and Powe were Playing this past serious, his rebounds and Points would've been waaay Down. Good thing is he dominates teams who have nobody to match his athleticism, which is a Plus for him. why don't Teams hire Olajuwon to work with their Centers ???

He led the NBA in rebounds and blocked shots this year, thats something that doesn't happen too often so KG and Powe would have mad it harder but dude still gets his

He is only 23 so 5 years from now he will probably have better post moves...Ewing has been working with him

My guess is Hakeem isn't interested in coaching otherwise im pretty sure teams with good young bigmen would be trying to get him on the staff

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
why don't Teams hire Olajuwon to work with their Centers?

i'm sure you've heard the expression:

"those who can, do. those who can't, teach."

well the part that everybody leaves out is:

"sometimes those who can do, can't teach."

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

He would've learned post moves had he gone to college. But at least he has more post moves than Garnett. Mainly because his hands are bigger and he can palm the ball

Beaty Swollocks

Bullyfoot Brownell
Registered
I refuse to watch the Magic play any game because I spend my time being pissed at the kid for his bullshit. All that athletic ability and no passion. What a waste?

Majormarc

Potential Star
Registered
WTF are u niggas talkin bout Dwight's soft?? He's averaging 20 points and 16 rebounds in the playoffs...:smh:

Diplomatic Immunity

Star
BGOL Investor
I refuse to watch the Magic play any game because I spend my time being pissed at the kid for his bullshit. All that athletic ability and no passion. What a waste?

WTF? Dwight Howard has some of the best work ethic in the game. Look at his body for Christ's sake...hardly no fat. But that's beyond the point Kobe said it best when he explained how intense Dwight is on the court. People think he doesnt work hard because of how much fun he has.

Lets not forget how bad people used to diss Shaq for the same exact reason @ one point in his career.

Its one thing to respect former eras of basketball, but its another to make stupid comments that make absolutely no sense. I remember a couple of years ago when Rasheed was killing D12. I remember when D12 had no post moves at all.

He's grown so much since then hence he's in the exact same position Shaq was in when he went against the Rockets back in '95. He might even have a better chance than Shaq b/c he doesnt have to match up with a Hall of Fame center.

Last but not least...Andrew Bynum is still wack as fuck. He should be killin man...Pau has more balls than him @ times. Nevertheless it would be dumb to get rid of Bynum b/c he still has potential...But D12 is shittin on all of the bigs in the league right now

KissTheSkyy

Star
Registered
riyc7c.jpg

...Never say never.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
riyc7c.jpg

...Never say never.

Plus he is a better free throw shooter now than Shaq ever has been

I think dude will be shooting consistantly in the 70% range soon

He has been for the last couple of series

You can just see the focus and improvement

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Howard's problem has nothing to do with emotions. It has to do with basketball intellect. He doesn't possess the education necessary to outplay GasHole. If this were 1998 and it was Shaq at center versus LA instead of Howard, he would be handing Gasbag his ass in the paint and asking him how it tastes. Not just because Shaq was a beast physically, but because Shaq had the BRAINS to know how and when to take it to him. If it were Shaq, Jacksaon would HAVE to employ the hack-a-Shaq strategy and Gashole would be fouling out every single game. But against Howard, he's having his way on far too many possessions. (He also camps out in the lane for 5 and 6 seconds at a time and it NEVER gets called, but that's a different topic)

Against Shaq, Gasbag wouldn't even come into the paint. He'd be out on the perimeter playing bitchball like Skirt Nitwitski

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Dwight Howard needs a year or two to develop an offensive game outside of dunking

Case in point Shaq, when he was with the Magic, had nothing other than a power dunk. Lost in the Finals and ultimately went to LA where he worked on his post game. He had a hook, little 5ft jumper and learned to use the backboard. If i were Magic owvership/management, I'd pull Ewing to the side and would tell him if he wants to keep his job he needs to teach the kid how to play C in the NBA.

Exactly.

Although the Magic guards are making it difficult for him because they aren't hitting outside shots.. thus allowing the entire defense to collapse around him... this series had made it painfully obvious he lacks a real post up game, that he has a horrible habit of bringing the ball down so that guards can swipe it from him, and he has very little ability to finish with his left hand..so much so that he often has the left side open and he's turn right just so that he can try to finish with his right hand..even if the defender is already better positioned to contest the right-handed shot...

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dwight will be OK shit better than OK. Once he learns how to play with his back to the basket, develop a hook shot and a reliable jump shot he'll be a real beast. I'm sure Ewing is helping him with that. Just like Bynum has Kareem.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Dwight Howard

G2 was a collection of dwight howard low-lights.

7 TOs, many of them unforced. it was a pitiful performance.

the fakers DARED dwight howard to penetrate left or go baseline, and he balked. that's inexcusable and insulting when a team defensively OFFERS you a lane to the basket and you cannot (or will not) make them pay.

most of the problem is cerebral, not mechanical.

HandsSolo2K5

Star
Registered
This nigga is pitiful...I would be screaming at my team mates right now...He is definately a human specimen, but as far as having that fire inside this dude definitely needs a light. People try to tell me he is and will be better than Shaq but i beg to differ. Shaq was commanding the ball, especially during crunch time. The Magic shoot threes all game and Howard look complacent with it. 12 point and 17 rebs will not do it bro....maybe its just me

Why do people indulge in bashing athletes????? He is a fine player whose athleticism is unmatched and you expect him to push/discard playoff savvy veterans around like tissue paper?:smh:

Tim Duncan was called weak, Kobe and LeBron were, and other players were..... it takes more than one player to win championships........doesnt Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis want it as much?

HandsSolo2K5

Star
Registered
Exactly.

Although the Magic guards are making it difficult for him because they aren't hitting outside shots.. thus allowing the entire defense to collapse around him... this series had made it painfully obvious he lacks a real post up game, that he has a horrible habit of bringing the ball down so that guards can swipe it from him, and he has very little ability to finish with his left hand..so much so that he often has the left side open and he's turn right just so that he can try to finish with his right hand..even if the defender is already better positioned to contest the right-handed shot...

This is how you break down an athlete!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
What fuckin planet are you watching basketball on

So you're telling me Garnett is better in the (offensive) post than Howard?? MAYBE if he's playing the 3 and is being guarded by 6'6" opponents, but not against any average sized 4 or 5 is this guy playing with his back to the basket, no way.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Re: Dwight Howard

most of the problem is cerebral, not mechanical.

that's all I'm saying

btw, if you guys are waiting for Patrick Ewing to teach Howard post moves, you're in for a long wait. Unless you wanna see Superman shooting fallaway jumpers off the wrong foot in the lane for the next 10 years. Patrick had a nasty jump hook (which he NEVER used), but little else in the post. Most his points come off jumps shots (fallaway) or dunks