Eddie Murphy going for Oscar in first new film in 4 yrs

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Eddie Murphy’s first film in 4 years will be “Mr. Church.” Murphy plays Henry Joseph Church, who signs on to cook for a white family and the dying mother. Over the years, he and the woman’s daughter develop a heartwarming friendship. “Mr. Church” has no release date as of yet.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Eddie Murphy’s first film in 4 years will be “Mr. Church.” Murphy plays Henry Joseph Church, who signs on to cook for a white family and the dying mother. Over the years, he and the woman’s daughter develop a heartwarming friendship. “Mr. Church” has no release date as of yet.

might b a cool flick but hell fuck the oscars!

K

kwazdog

another magic negro movie. and from eddie murphy no less. :facepalm:
Come on... you know we are fascinating and can't be both mediocre and smart, have an amazing tolerance for pain, suffer nobly and black girls are magic.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Good to see Eddie on the big screen again. Man some of you niggas stay salty at everything damn.

MnT2MV.jpg

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Good to see Eddie on the big screen again. Man some of you niggas stay salty at everything damn.

MnT2MV.jpg

Are you serious? After all of the analysis surrounding these kinds of cookie cutter subservient roles for black actors, do you really not have a problem with this plot?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Are you serious? After all of the analysis surrounding these kinds of cookie cutter subservient roles for black actors, do you really not have a problem with this plot?
I'm guessing this is the start of him being in several films upcoming in the next few years. I need to see or hear about more of the plot. Not just a one minute snippet. Don't be so quick to judge is what I'm sayin.

ASc3UM.jpg

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Based on the wikipedia entry. This does sound a lot like "Cooking for Mrs Daisy" except Ms Daisy is a teenager or something.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
please white man, respect my craft and get me that piece of metal. Validate my existence for me.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

Dude is a great actor and I'd love to see him in more dramatic roles but I HATE this fucking genre so much. :smh:
Fuckin' dinosaur studio heads man smdh

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered
Exxxxxxaaaaccccttttlllllyyyy

The fuck he want an Oscar for? Hasn't this shit been figured already?

I want to see the brother in some melodramatic/action-packed shit - like playing a homicide detective. Perhaps, a science-fiction flick with a dash of comedic moments.

Tssssss...Black People....:smh: