Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

I haven't been on Threads for like 2 days man. It's clear that shit needed a lot of work.

Holy shit. That was quick. How could it be only 13 million users when cats just told me everyone hates Twitter and was talking that 100 million shit. Elon has caused people to lose their fucking minds over this politics shit. What an expert troll. Folks back on twiter to talk shit about him. :roflmao2:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Holy shit. That was quick. How could it be only 13 million users when cats just told me everyone hates Twitter and was talking that 100 million shit. Elon has caused people to lose their fucking minds over this politics shit. What an expert troll. Folks back on twiter to talk shit about him. :roflmao2:
I guess you haven’t realize Zuckerberg has a nasty case of the Master P Disease. He’s throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. He even put a silly story out about Meta using AI to solve health issues. It’s clearly meant to gas the stock. And it did. The world forgot that he “spent” $10 billion on the Metaverse.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
That troll only lost him 20 billion in value :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey 20 billion to own the libs.

Give him another year and he'll drive it into bankruptcy. The paying advertisers haven't come back so until the conservatives start coming off them pockets, he's going to keep losing money.

Eventually the Saudis are going to want their bread. They might Khashogghi his ass, but at least he got to troll for a year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
Twitter just have the wrong mutherfucca running it, bring that other dude back!

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
x. com now points to twitter

This CAC... :smh:

On October 4, 2022, Elon Musk described his acquisition of Twitter as "an accelerant to creating X, the everything app".[28] This has been linked to x.com.[29] In conversation with Ron Baron a month later, Musk said he will execute the X product plan "with some improvements" which will make Twitter "the most valuable financial institution in the world."[30]

X.com was an online bank co-founded by Elon Musk, Harris Fricker, Christopher Payne, and Ed Ho in 1999 in Palo Alto, California. In 2000, X.com merged with competitor Confinity Inc., a software company also based in Palo Alto. Elon Musk was interested in Confinity because of its easy payment system. The merged company changed its name to PayPal. eBay bought PayPal for US$1.5 billion in 2002. In 2015, PayPal was spun off and became an independent company. As of July 23, 2023, the website redirects to Twitter.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Y’all sleeping. X is going to be more than Social Media. It will be a payment platform and cryptocurrency platform. X was the parent company that PayPal came from. Tesla had a Billion in Free Cash Flow last quarter and talking about starting to market. I predict they market heavy through X using AI and maybe even software incentives. Tesla is at a run rate of 2 million a year. Every car will have X built in.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That troll only lost him 20 billion in value :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give him another year and he'll drive it into bankruptcy. The paying advertisers haven't come back so until the conservatives start coming off them pockets, he's going to keep losing money.

Eventually the Saudis are going to want their bread. They might Khashogghi his ass, but at least he got to troll for a year.

No, you listen to mainstream media too much. Spending 11 figures to own pink haired liberals is all part of his master plan. :rolleyes: Makes perfect sense.:smh: :lol: The My Pillow guy and Black Rifle coffee will easily make up for the lack of advertisers :lol::lol::lol:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
No, you listen to mainstream media too much. Spending 11 figures to own pink haired liberals is all part of his master plan. :rolleyes: Makes perfect sense.:smh: :lol: The My Pillow guy and Black Rifle coffee will easily make up for the lack of advertisers :lol::lol::lol:
You're right. Master plan incoming.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
:lol: I originally thought he was breaking it on purpose but the Wachtell lawsuit shows that the cac is actually just a dog who caught the car and has no idea what fuck to do now.

Anything he does is because he thinks he can make money off it, or avoid paying money because of it.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
i9A0UMFg1hI2kLyCCwnmSbpT2cd.jpg

_98827127_pa-33771788.jpg

0_Charles-Manson-fanatic-has-murderers-ashes-TATTOOED-into-an-X-on-his-forehead-to-match-the-cult-l.jpg

Do you need more or do you get the message?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Y’all sleeping. X is going to be more than Social Media. It will be a payment platform and cryptocurrency platform. X was the parent company that PayPal came from. Tesla had a Billion in Free Cash Flow last quarter and talking about starting to market. I predict they market heavy through X using AI and maybe even software incentives. Tesla is at a run rate of 2 million a year. Every car will have X built in.
So which is it though (SM, Crypto Payment Platform or Tesla super app)? How do you imagine this platform being useful to the existing (remaining) users? This seems like a totally new product..

EDIT: so he's trying to turn it into WeChat :smh:

Musk has hinted at changing Twitter's name to "X" since last year when he was days away from officially owning the company. "Buying Twitter is an accelerant to creating X, the everything app," he said on Twitter.

Musk's vision for an "everything app" has been compared to platforms like the ubiquitous WeChat app in China.

"He wants to create an app similar to how WeChat is used in China, where it's part of the fabric of day-to-day life. You use it to communicate, to consume news, to buy things, to pay your rent, to book appointments with your doctor and even to pay fines," Ashlee Vance, the author of Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, told NPR in a May interview.

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
:lol: I cant wait to see the freethinker/libertarians on here defend Musk's WeChat clone with social credit score and all.

I wouldn't trust twitter with a prepaid credit card let alone anything personal beyond what I have already supplied twitter (email etc). In fact, if I were considering signing up for twitter as a new user for the first time today, after all his antics, I wouldn't do it.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

You don't understand. I hate musk. Hated musk before he pissed off leftists with by making the death sin of talking about free speech. But watching all the whacked out leftists lose their fucking minds AND Musk lose billlions -- Priceless. :roflmao::roflmao2:

The grifter is worth over $200 billion. Unlike crazy leftists, I know this $20 billion loss don't mean as much to him as I'd like it to. But hey, outside the bitch bursting into flames on live tv, this all I get to see of him taking an L.

The level of delusion fools have TWEETING about Musk is just :roflmao2:

Get off Twitter and stop using quote Tweets. Damn. Shit makes them look like fucking clowns. But hey, these fools driven insane by politics laugh with each other while on this man's platform. :smh:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
You don't understand. I hate musk. Hated musk before he pissed off leftists with by making the death sin of talking about free speech. But watching all the whacked out leftists lose their fucking minds AND Musk lose billlions -- Priceless. :roflmao::roflmao2:

The grifter is worth over $200 billion. Unlike crazy leftists, I know this $20 billion loss don't mean as much to him as I'd like it to. But hey, outside the bitch bursting into flames on live tv, this all I get to see of him taking an L.

The level of delusion fools have TWEETING about Musk is just :roflmao2:

Get off Twitter and stop using quote Tweets. Damn. Shit makes them look like fucking clowns. But hey, these fools driven insane by politics laugh with each other while on this man's platform. :smh:
Musk has never been about "free speech". He's been about right wing speech and conspiracy theories. That's why he only gave Matt Taibbi files against the Dems in the Twitter files.

Honestly, I don't think "crazy lefties" are losing their minds as much as you think. They'll use the service for free with an eye on moving something better if/when it comes along.

The better question is, why do you libertarians and conservatives base your entire existences off hating and trolling liberals?