Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have even thought about 'hate speech' on twitter. I deal with black creators and they been cool too. But again, we don't do politics or none of that type of shit on twitter. I fully admit it might be a different experience for folks engaging in that talk. A lot of people whacked the fuck out over politics. :smh: Hell, let folks tell it, crypto full of Nazis and I haven't really seen shit from them on crypto twitter.

What has your personal experience been like?

When I was really active I got a lil pushback on some of my tweets at times, but I didn't really have anyone unhinged coming at me. However, others that I followed who actually blogged primarily about politics, social or race issues had timelines full of trolls, hate speech and death threats. Some of them were doxxed.

Just go through the replies of any tweet that mentions something race related such as the death of Trayvon Martin or George Floyd. Or any controversial official like Pete Buttigeg. Lindsay Graham gets some homophobia. Or what ever the current talking point of the day is regarding CRT, immigration, racist highways. Michelle Obama has a lot of monkey memes and memes calling her a trans man.

Some of the comments are hateful, but don't cross the line to hate speech.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
When I was really active I got a lil pushback on some of my tweets at times, but I didn't really have anyone unhinged coming at me. However, others that I followed who actually blogged primarily about politics, social or race issues had timelines full of trolls, hate speech and death threats. Some of them were doxxed.

Just go through the replies of any tweet that mentions something race related such as the death of Trayvon Martin or George Floyd. Or any controversial official like Pete Buttigeg. Lindsay Graham gets some homophobia. Or what ever the current talking point of the day is regarding CRT, immigration, racist highways. Michelle Obama has a lot of monkey memes and memes calling her a trans man.

Some of the comments are hateful, but don't cross the line to hate speech.
I see. So that's why it is a different experience for me. I don't do anything like that on social media. No politics or religion for me. Just seeing some of the tweets and tik toks posted here and other places let's me know I ain't missing out on anything.

I tend to stay around those who think all this shit is just bad and time wasting to discuss. So maybe that's how the algo works for me. And since my real-life algo keeps political/religious talk on BGOL, I have nothing to complain about. Usual troll shit just comes with the scene.

The other day I didn't even know there was a GOP debate until I came on BGOL. That's how I like my social media. Business only.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, a plan for him to lose $30 billion. Pure genius.
Of course Elon didn't plan to lose $30B, but he knew it was a gamble. He actually believes he can use it to bend and sway global public opinion to benefit all his other businesses as well as those of his cronies to boost their profitability. Its sort of like when business tycoons of the 19th and 20th centuries controlled newspaper and other media companies to push their preferred narratives. We'll have to wait and see if he can pull it off. In the mean time he still has tens of billions of dollars to buy just about anything he wants.

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
He's intentionally trying to drive folks off the platform and make it harder to use before the next election. That article that came out a few days ago only confirmed my suspicions.

I don't understand that.

Do you think he believes doing so will make it easier to push the narrative he prefers and prevents anyone from challenging or correcting it?

totto

Rising Star
Registered
He's intentionally trying to drive folks off the platform and make it harder to use before the next election. That article that came out a few days ago only confirmed my suspicions.
twitter is unusable now, right wing trolls, fake news literally, AI and people posting clickbait for money.

It's jsut terrible, fell off something serious

right wing anything tends to kill the dollars, companies care about money.