Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Is his account even visible? I'm not going through his timeliness. Trump came at more than one Black athlete. He stirred up racial tension every chance he got. Hate crimes increased against Black folks and other PoC. They started before he was even elected. The man is a menace.

If you are having difficulty locating/remembering/Googling a Tweet that directly impacted us negatively, then why be so emotionally invested in his ability to Tweet? Before forming an argument, please think about this. What actually happened to Black folks negatively that was directly attributed to a Trump Tweet?
Btw, I don’t like Trump. I feel he was a horrible President (as was Bush and Clinton), and he incited racists to identify themselves. That said, I don’t believe him Tweeting is our problem. We should be focused on getting our needs met from the current President rather than Trump Tweets.

I highly doubt you'd feel like this if he wasn't a billionaire.
Elon is the reason the world will transition to Electric Vehicles from Gas vehicles. I can’t think of a more beneficial change that directly impacts our environment but this.

Last edited:

Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
didnt read anyone's response yet

twitter's value, in my opinion, comes from the user base blasting off instant tweets for free.
i remember following on twitter that boston marathon bombing younger bro being captured.
by switching to subscription-based (to get more objectivity apart from the advertisers), wouldn't that kill the user base?
i suppose if the internet values Musk's tweets that much, or can unlock value from his tweets...

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Elon Musk said he would reverse Twitter Inc.'s ban on Donald Trump.

"I do think that it was not correct to ban Donald Trump. I think that was a mistake because it alienated a large part of the county, and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice," said Mr. Musk, who was speaking virtually at a Financial Times autos conference.

Mr. Musk called the ban a "morally bad decision," saying permanent bans undermine trust in Twitter.

"If there are tweets that are wrong and bad, those should be either deleted or made invisible, and a suspension -- a temporary suspension -- is appropriate, but not a permanent ban," Mr. Musk said.

He said that banning Mr. Trump eventually would amplify the former president's voice among the right. Mr. Trump has said he was not planning to return to Twitter and was focused on his social-media venture called Truth Social.

Mr. Musk was speaking virtually at a Financial Times autos conference.

There you have it.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
What actually happened to Black folks negatively that was directly attributed to a Trump Tweet?
That said, I don’t believe him Tweeting is our problem. We should be focused on getting our needs met from the current President rather than Trump Tweets.
brotha Spider, a trump tweet can galvanise white racists into action, this has already been proven.
Imagine your kids or other fam go to a BLM or some other march or peaceful protest and trump
tells his goons aka cracker ass america, to go "walk to the capital" slang for go fuck shit up, your loved ones are hurt or murdered.
Still think trump tweets are not "our problem"?

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just think it was fine for them to ban him when they did.... after warning him sufficiently and he kept breaking their rules. If Musk's purchase actually goes through and he takes over and reinstates Trump's account... well, he'll be in charge and it's his choice... but up until that point, somebody else was making the rules and orangeman kept breaking them, and would have kept on breaking them.

Elon seems to have problems sometimes when people at Tesla speak their minds, and they've faced consequences. So, his ideas about twitter censorship ring kinda false.

I hear what you're saying, but we can focus on a whole lot of things at once.... I don't think anybody is spending all their waking hours worrying about trump/twitter. Plus, he's trying to be our president again in about 32 months, so it's not like it's not relevant.

If you are having difficulty locating/remembering/Googling a Tweet that directly impacted us negatively, then why be so emotionally invested in his ability to Tweet? Before forming an argument, please think about this. What actually happened to Black folks negatively that was directly attributed to a Trump Tweet?
Btw, I don’t like Trump. I feel he was a horrible President (as was Bush and Clinton), and he incited racists to identify themselves. That said, I don’t believe him Tweeting is our problem. We should be focused on getting our needs met from the current President rather than Trump Tweets.

Elon is the reason the world will transition to Electric Vehicles from Gas vehicles. I can’t think of a more beneficial change that directly impacts our environment but this.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
There you have it.
Fuck Trump. Fuck his tweets. If sensitive ass, safespace ass cacs who worry about what pronouns they are called never hyped Trump up, he'd have never had a fucking base. And here we are. Trump been gone. Folks still worried about him more than his supporters which makes his fucking supporters come back.

For the most part, Trump supporters operate the same way goofy cats around here who base their entire political logic on poor cacs being mad at something. :yes: "If such and such is so mad, must make sense to support what makes them mad." Hell, that's why fools support importing racist "POC" who ain't white. Simple minded cats see mad cacs and assume it must be a good thing.

Trump been banned from Twitter for a long time and the pigs out here more empowered than ever before in my lifetime. That's reality right the fuck now. That empowerment ain't coming from Trump tweets. Trump's twitter has been as inactive as the actions against pigs from those who have power now. But hey, Trumps tweets are the problem. :smh:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
brotha Spider, a trump tweet can galvanise white racists into action, this has already been proven.
Imagine your kids or other fam go to a BLM or some other march or peaceful protest and trump
tells his goons aka cracker ass america, to go "walk to the capital" slang for go fuck shit up, your loved ones are hurt or murdered.
Still think trump tweets are not "our problem"?
You are describing one Incident and using it as an example of future
The Capital Invasion. The most surprising and harmful aspect of the Capital Invasion was how the Security and Government dealt with the invaders. Their soft approach empowers future incidents. The best way stuff like that could be prevented is if the track down the people that did and publicly punish them. Give them long sentences in tough prisons and update us with images of them looking fucked up like they did with Cosby and RKelly. This would be more effective in prevention that letting Trump access Twitter. Trump can still communicate in ways other than Twitter. I’m sure he has Newsletters, Reddit channels, and Facebook.

I just think it was fine for them to ban him when they did.... after warning him sufficiently and he kept breaking their rules. If Musk's purchase actually goes through and he takes over and reinstates Trump's account... well, he'll be in charge and it's his choice... but up until that point, somebody else was making the rules and orangeman kept breaking them, and would have kept on breaking them.

Elon seems to have problems sometimes when people at Tesla speak their minds, and they've faced consequences. So, his ideas about twitter censorship ring kinda false.

I hear what you're saying, but we can focus on a whole lot of things at once.... I don't think anybody is spending all their waking hours worrying about trump/twitter. Plus, he's trying to be our president again in about 32 months, so it's not like it's not relevant.
Can you provide examples of the rules he broke and how he broke them? I’ve been suspended on FB for “Breaking Rules” for all kind of BS. I’m curious if the rules he broke are the same rules a lot of people break and don’t get banned for.

BTW:
I want to reiterate that I am not a Trump Supporter politically and feel he was a bad President. My point is that the energy we give it is much less than the effect it will have on us specifically.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
You are describing one Incident and using it as an example of future
The Capital Invasion. The most surprising and harmful aspect of the Capital Invasion was how the Security and Government dealt with the invaders. Their soft approach empowers future incidents. The best way stuff like that could be prevented is if the track down the people that did and publicly punish them. Give them long sentences in tough prisons and update us with images of them looking fucked up like they did with Cosby and RKelly. This would be more effective in prevention that letting Trump access Twitter. Trump can still communicate in ways other than Twitter. I’m sure he has Newsletters, Reddit channels, and Facebook.

Can you provide examples of the rules he broke and how he broke them? I’ve been suspended on FB for “Breaking Rules” for all kind of BS. I’m curious if the rules he broke are the same rules a lot of people break and don’t get banned for.

BTW:
I want to reiterate that I am not a Trump Supporter politically and feel he was a bad President. My point is that the energy we give it is much less than the effect it will have on us specifically.
:smh:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Fuck Trump. Fuck his tweets. If sensitive ass, safespace ass cacs who worry about what pronouns they are called never hyped Trump up, he'd have never had a fucking base. And here we are. Trump been gone. Folks still worried about him more than his supporters which makes his fucking supporters come back.

For the most part, Trump supporters operate the same way goofy cats around here who base their entire political logic on poor cacs being mad at something. :yes: "If such and such is so mad, must make sense to support what makes them mad." Hell, that's why fools support importing racist "POC" who ain't white. Simple minded cats see mad cacs and assume it must be a good thing.

Trump been banned from Twitter for a long time and the pigs out here more empowered than ever before in my lifetime. That's reality right the fuck now. That empowerment ain't coming from Trump tweets. Trump's twitter has been as inactive as the actions against pigs from those who have power now. But hey, Trumps tweets are the problem. :smh:

This here.

Im not worried about Trump using Twitter. I am concerned how Biden shamed us for our support, not doing much for us while in office, and we aren’t holding him accountable for it.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Straight talk from the Apartheid Beneficiary Afrikaner-American...

BUSINESS
Elon Musk says he'll reverse Donald Trump Twitter ban

May 10, 20222:16 PM ET
SHANNON BOND
Twitter

Elon Musk says he would reverse former President Donald Trump's permanent ban from Twitter if his deal to buy the social network goes through.

Banning Trump "was a morally bad decision, to be clear, and foolish in the extreme," the billionaire said at a Financial Times conference on Tuesday.

Twitter kicked Trump off after his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. The social network said Trump had broken its rules against inciting violence and that it decided to remove him "due to the risk of further incitement of violence." It was the first major platform to ban the then-president, a move quickly followed by Facebook and YouTube.

"I do think that it was not correct to ban Donald Trump," Musk said on Tuesday. "I think that was a mistake because it alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice," he added, pointing out that the former president has said he will start posting on his own social media app, Truth Social. (Trump has said he will not return to Twitter even if the ban is lifted.)

Musk, who has said he wants to buy Twitter to encourage more free speech, said he thinks the platform should only ban accounts in rare cases to remove bots, spammers and scammers, "where there's just no legitimacy to the account at all." Otherwise, he said, permanent bans "undermine trust."

He said Twitter co-founder and former chief executive Jack Dorsey shares his opinion that Twitter should not have permanent bans. Twitter has said Dorsey made the call to ban Trump last year, and the former CEO previously said it was "the right decision."

Shortly after Musk's comments, Dorsey confirmed that he agrees. "Generally permanent bans are a failure of ours and don't work," he tweeted.

Musk acknowledged that he does not yet own Twitter and so any plans to reinstate Trump's account are still theoretical. "This is not like a thing that will definitely happen," he said.

But his comments answer a question that has been hanging over the company since Musk made his surprise offer to buy it last month, saying he wanted to "unlock" its potential by loosening what he sees as unfair restrictions on free speech.

Musk has given few details on how he would overhaul Twitter beyond saying he believes it should be a town square where everyone can be heard, and that the company should only restrict speech when required by law.

Reinstating Trump, who was one of Twitter's most divisive and successful users, would add fuel to a heated discourse over the role of social networks in fostering open debate while not allowing their platforms to be abused by the loudest voices.

"What Musk proposes to do with the platform would represent a severe backslide in favor of allowing hate and misinformation that would put our communities in even more danger," said Sumayyah Waheed of the civil rights group Muslim Advocates. The group is a member of Twitter's Trust and Safety Council, which advises the company on its policies and products.

"Trump used that platform to encourage obviously false conspiracies about the election, all to undermine democracy and ensure that he could remain in office," Waheed said. "As part of that effort, he encouraged a violent mob to storm the U.S. Capitol, which resulted in multiple deaths. During and after the insurrection, he used his Twitter account to downplay the insurrectionists' actions."

She continued: "If this does not merit being banned from the platform, then I'm terrified of what else would be allowed under Musk's watch."

Allowing Trump to return could also exacerbate concerns among some Twitter employees who worry that Musk will undo years of work to curb abuse and harassment.

Since Musk first revealed he had become Twitter's largest individual shareholder in early April, he has been publicly critical of the company and its employees. He continued to lob criticism even after reaching an agreement to buy the company for $44 billion, and has amplified attacks on Twitter's top lawyer and head of policy.

"Twitter needs to be much more even-handed. It currently has a strong left bias because it's based in San Francisco," Musk said on Tuesday. Conservatives have long accused tech companies of bias and censorship, even though there is no evidence for these allegations.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I don’t think so. Maybe this was a way for him to sell Tesla stock without raising any red flags. Elon Musk walks away with 7.4 billion cash after paying the exit fees.
What you said could be true but also I really think some very interesting people approached him about certain things he did he want to keep quiet but will come to light if he proceeds buying Twitter……I’m just saying

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Or maybe a way to show the SEC are a bunch of bitches.
No I think the SEC is a part of the few people who was putting heat to him. Elon money is not as good as I thought it was before This Twitter adventure…. He needs to improve Tesla because Ford and GM is coming for that spot quickly.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
What you said could be true but also I really think some very interesting people approached him about certain things he did he want to keep quiet but will come to light if he proceeds buying Twitter……I’m just saying
Tesla stock is down 25% since this deal was announced.