Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You talking crazy. Sucking that white boy dick. You a clown.

shut the fuck up don juanita,

I aint know You team Lemming..

faggot,

For the non team lemming clueless faggots..

Its faggots like you that stop progress,

its faggots like you that are going to be left behind

with your masters..if their plan doesnt do you in first...faggot

bye don juanita!!!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a battle going on between two powerful factions,

This is NOT a fight for real kniggas..

Let the masters control their lemmings as they lead them all off a cliff...

the lemmings actually think one of the two parties care bout them

they want to keep them around forever.

which is why they must go with BOTH parties

they all are stopping us FROM PROGESSING!!

If you on team lemming.

It not too late to wisen up and save yourself and family

Dont be a sad little thing nobody cares about like

don juanita... have a purpose in life

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
shut the fuck up don juanita,

I aint know You team Lemming..

faggot,

For the non team lemming clueless faggots..

Its faggots like you that stop progress,

its faggots like you that are going to be left behind

with your masters..if their plan doesnt do you in first...faggot

bye don juanita!!!!

You a black MAGA coon. Riding Trump's and Elon dick. Hershal Walker type nigga.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Why don't people get this?

So he c wants to charge the people who will bring the most traffic to his site to verify their accounts which is done to avoid having people set up fake accounts in their names?

And yet simply offering the blue check to everyone means that even the impersonator accounts can pay to be verified under their names?

what-could-possibly-go-wrong-michael-che.gif

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why don't people get this?

So he c wants to charge the people who will bring the most traffic to his site to verify their accounts which is done to avoid having people set up fake accounts in their names?

And yet simply offering the blue check to everyone means that even the impersonator accounts can pay to be verified under their names?

what-could-possibly-go-wrong-michael-che.gif

If you are required to pay a fee, they could require some formal form of identification with accounts. It would likely make it more expensive and some people may not be willing to do it but it's an option.

If he really cares about reducing bots and scams, some type of validation/kyc will need to be added.

While Elon is a troll and not as intelligent as some believe, he's comment on blue check being more of a status symbol for elites isn't far off. I believe this more so about losing advertising and over paying for a company that isn't very profitable and not doing right by us common folk. I use FB to keep in contact with family and the it seems like every few weeks a fake account are reaching out to me pretending to be them. That shit is a pain in the ass.

Speaking of Facebook. I remember when only college students could use it and once it was opened to the public college students lost their minds. I wonder will the same thing happen in this instance with Twitter and people will leave because they are no longer special.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Unless they are using real names or something that leads back to them, technically they aren't being outed to the general public. Alot of them are hiding behind usernames/fake accounts and feeding the flames for potential violent acts in IRL.

Even if you count the people who will really commit violent acts or abuse their power ( judges, police officers, doctors, politicians), innocent people will be hurt as a result of the people hiding behind usernames. In a perfect world, you want to stop the people who will actually follow through on crimes before people are hurt. In most cases we know that isn't going to happen.

For the racist that do use their real account and names are public, you don't want one person who has the ability to influence a mass number of people to do dumb shit like Trump with the January 6 attack. Imagine what Hitler could have done with a tool like Twitter and he could say whatever he wanted.
I sort of see what you're saying
I do
But you're saying that you're not wanting a bunch of anonymous users to fan the flame of hatred.
Pretty sure that we're way past that in America. You're 400 years to late.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I sort of see what you're saying
I do
But you're saying that you're not wanting a bunch of anonymous users to fan the flame of hatred.
Pretty sure that we're way past that in America. You're 400 years to late.

We are not way past that in America and if we are not careful history will repeat. High level i get what you mean by your statement,so don't take my response too personally.

When I say fan the flames of hatred, I'm speaking to the current day. As much as people today like to complain, we have it much better than our parents, grandparents or great grandparents. This doesn't mean racism and bigotry don't exist. However, most of us have never been called a ****** to our face by a white person. If you encounter bigotry, it's usually subtle and you're guessing. Keep in mind I grew up during the 80/90s in DMV area and i can't speak for other areas.My father is in his mid 60s and grew up in a small town in Georgia. Literally two weeks ago he told me how when he was growing up black people weren't really allowed to be cashiers and definitely not my great grandmother's time as an adult. For the most part, all they could be were servants.

Respectfully, people from my generation and younger take the current world for granted and don't respect what our elders experienced. Most of our elders don't like to discuss what they experienced growing up and normally only mention certain things in passing. As dumb as it sounds, I didn't realize that my grandmother picked cotton or tobacco in South Carolina until my great aunt told me after my grandmother had passed. Clearly, they were not slaves, but i couldn't imagine them doing that type of work as kids until i thought about it in depth. You don't have to go back 400 years because we're not that far removed from slavery and Jim Crow. You could have just used today's state of affairs to make your point.

While I've never been called a ****** to my face, I've heard white people openly say it while gaming. I've seen them use it hiding behind usernames on sites like Twitter. Racism somewhat moved to the shadows compared to the past. Hate crimes still happen, but you aren't likely to see literal daily stories of black people being hung from a tree by white people. If I travel to a small white town in the south, I may be cautious but im not necessarily in fear of losing my life. Our elders were definitely in fear and in all likelihood avoided being in the wrong town day or night. My father also mentioned that at age 17 he dated ( not in Georgia) or fucked a white woman. Today, you may get a few looks but you don't need to concern yourself with being killed in most places because you are dealing with a white woman.Today, racism is mostly masked in comparison to the past.

I think of the internet as being similar to going away to college. When you were in high school, you may have been an outcast or maybe you had an interest your friends didn't. Once you got to college, you discovered you were not the only person who shared said interest, you organized and you take part in the activities with the group. The internet does the same thing except way faster. I hate to use the same example twice but Trump and the January 6 incident are a prime example of what happens if shit isn't checked. People who are ordinarily cowards and would never do anything in the real world see that they are not alone and worse may have a spokesman to rally more troops for them to hid with. They don't feel the need to hid laws or racist policies in 5000 page documents because they are the decision makers and have the support of other racist that will support them by voting.

Some people like to down play something like this happening at a large level. However, I'm sure Jewish people didn't pay Hitler much attention until it was too late. Had they taken the steps to stop the propaganda from the start possibly there is no Holocaust. It's also the reason why today the Jewish community don't play that shit. If you so much as look at them wrong, they label you as antisemitic.there is no free speech with them. They are shutting it down. Some may feel like some of it is petty but I understand where it is coming from and black people should have the same energy for disrespect imagined or real. Granted we don't have the same resources as Jewish people to stop things in the exact same manner/extent.

We may not be in the best of times, but it is a slap in the face to compare our lives to those who came before us. If you could go back in time 400 or even 90 years, anyone of them would gladly trade places with anyone of us.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I wrote about this before on BGOL talking about the NBA/NFL are hybrid profit seeking businesses and selling expenses for the owner; the same applies to Twitter. In the old days, fools would buy a team and try to maximize it as a profit seeking venture. Miss out on the opportunity to sell their products which made them wealthy.

He could sell Tesla/Space X products, especially when the market tightens up and their are other companies selling EV. His ownership of Twitter may be difference to keep him afloat. He can use the data he collects to target consumers and push them towards his products. You type in solar or EV, you might get recommendation to his products.

ICE cars with plenty of production capacity are a glimpse of his future where you have to ad spend or do something to get customers. He has no competition now.

RETAIL03_160629852_AR_-1_GTFFVISBTGRH.jpg

This might be the reason he took the company off the market, plus he does not have to deal with the SEC anymore. He bought Twitter almost like an NFL team, if he was taking this approach, other investors would want him to pay money to show revenue and a profit.

GM spends $3.5 billion per year x 10 almost equals what he paid for the company, plus he earns ad revenue from other companies.

Last edited: