Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I mentioned this was coming....

with the crazy content that’s coming on Twitter if I own a business I would not advertise on this platform. Like I said before. I’m glad I killed my account last week because this shit is going to hell very quickly

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
We are not way past that in America and if we are not careful history will repeat. High level i get what you mean by your statement,so don't take my response too personally.
I was referencing racism in original past. I meant that racism exist and has in Amercia. Y'all are acting like Twitter will make people racist now.

When I say fan the flames of hatred, I'm speaking to the current day. As much as people today like to complain, we have it much better than our parents, grandparents or great grandparents. This doesn't mean racism and bigotry don't exist. However, most of us have never been called a ****** to our face by a white person. If you encounter bigotry, it's usually subtle and you're guessing. Keep in mind I grew up during the 80/90s in DMV area and i can't speak for other areas.My father is in his mid 60s and grew up in a small town in Georgia. Literally two weeks ago he told me how when he was growing up black people weren't really allowed to be cashiers and definitely not my great grandmother's time as an adult. For the most part, all they could be were servants.
I am aware of what our forebears went through. However because they had racist all in their face with it, I don't think that that absolves current cacs from it.
Respectfully, people from my generation and younger take the current world for granted and don't respect what our elders experienced. Most of our elders don't like to discuss what they experienced growing up and normally only mention certain things in passing. As dumb as it sounds, I didn't realize that my grandmother picked cotton or tobacco in South Carolina until my great aunt told me after my grandmother had passed. Clearly, they were not slaves, but i couldn't imagine them doing that type of work as kids until i thought about it in depth. You don't have to go back 400 years because we're not that far removed from slavery and Jim Crow. You could have just used today's state of affairs to make your point.
I do not take today's world for granted.
To be honest, i want to DESTROY white supremacy, not push it underground and hide it. I want my open enemies to show and tell me who they are.

While I've never been called a ****** to my face, I've heard white people openly say it while gaming. I've seen them use it hiding behind usernames on sites like Twitter. Racism somewhat moved to the shadows compared to the past. Hate crimes still happen, but you aren't likely to see literal daily stories of black people being hung from a tree by white people. If I travel to a small white town in the south, I may be cautious but im not necessarily in fear of losing my life. Our elders were definitely in fear and in all likelihood avoided being in the wrong town day or night. My father also mentioned that at age 17 he dated ( not in Georgia) or fucked a white woman. Today, you may get a few looks but you don't need to concern yourself with being killed in most places because you are dealing with a white woman.Today, racism is mostly masked in comparison to the past.
Why do you keep on bringing up old days?. To be honest, we are dealing with today what our forebears should have destroyed in their days to keep it 100. They fought for the rights to eat and spend thier money with these cacs .

I think of the internet as being similar to going away to college. When you were in high school, you may have been an outcast or maybe you had an interest your friends didn't. Once you got to college, you discovered you were not the only person who shared said interest, you organized and you take part in the activities with the group. The internet does the same thing except way faster. I hate to use the same example twice but Trump and the January 6 incident are a prime example of what happens if shit isn't checked. People who are ordinarily cowards and would never do anything in the real world see that they are not alone and worse may have a spokesman to rally more troops for them to hid with. They don't feel the need to hid laws or racist policies in 5000 page documents because they are the decision makers and have the support of other racist that will support them by voting.
I think you're giving twitter way to much credit. Twitter is only one place out of dozens. There's many websites that these cacs frequent and talk much more reckless.
Chappelle had to remind yall that it's not a real place remember lol.

Some people like to down play something like this happening at a large level. However, I'm sure Jewish people didn't pay Hitler much attention until it was too late. Had they taken the steps to stop the propaganda from the start possibly there is no Holocaust. It's also the reason why today the Jewish community don't play that shit. If you so much as look at them wrong, they label you as antisemitic.there is no free speech with them. They are shutting it down. Some may feel like some of it is petty but I understand where it is coming from and black people should have the same energy for disrespect imagined or real. Granted we don't have the same resources as Jewish people to stop things in the exact same manner/extent.
If only we could get our own hate bill like the asians got huh?

We may not be in the best of times, but it is a slap in the face to compare our lives to those who came before us. If you could go back in time 400 or even 90 years, anyone of them would gladly trade places with anyone of us.
Are we really doing that much better as a people bro? Have you looked at the data lately? Okay, cacs aren't slapping saddles on your back anymore, maybe it's because they have like 1000 times more wealth. But every metric we're like last in racial category.
I want yall to concentrate on that. Not on rather a cac will say nggr on-line.

Peace bro

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
He's really fuckin shit up.

It would be interesting to hear what his true end game is with all these propsed changes that he thinks are so great. "Elon, what does the Twitter experience look like to you on it's BEST day?" Cause right now he just seems to be alienating any and all who were responsible for the past growth and network effects.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He's really fuckin shit up.

It would be interesting to hear what his true end game is with all these propsed changes that he thinks are so great. "Elon, what does the Twitter experience look like to you on it's BEST day?" Cause right now he just seems to be alienating any and all who were responsible for the past growth and network effects.
Intention? He just a goofy mothafucka that got burnt. $40 billion? You ain’t got no friends to tell you that’s a bad idea? Your UPenn economics degree couldn’t alert you that buying Twitter was a bad idea?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was referencing racism in original past. I meant that racism exist and has in Amercia. Y'all are acting like Twitter will make people racist now.

I am aware of what our forebears went through. However because they had racist all in their face with it, I don't think that that absolves current cacs from it.

I do not take today's world for granted.
To be honest, i want to DESTROY white supremacy, not push it underground and hide it. I want my open enemies to show and tell me who they are.

Why do you keep on bringing up old days?. To be honest, we are dealing with today what our forebears should have destroyed in their days to keep it 100. They fought for the rights to eat and spend thier money with these cacs .

I think you're giving twitter way to much credit. Twitter is only one place out of dozens. There's many websites that these cacs frequent and talk much more reckless.
Chappelle had to remind yall that it's not a real place remember lol.

If only we could get our own hate bill like the asians got huh?

Are we really doing that much better as a people bro? Have you looked at the data lately? Okay, cacs aren't slapping saddles on your back anymore, maybe it's because they have like 1000 times more wealth. But every metric we're like last in racial category.
I want yall to concentrate on that. Not on rather a cac will say nggr on-line.

Peace bro

You're missing the point. It's not just what happens on Twitter but any platform or outlet as you mentioned. It just so happens we are talking about Twitter so that is where the focusing is. Technically, I also mentioned encountering racism while gaming.What I'm talking about applies across the board and is not limited to Twitter or social media for that matter regardless of the number of users. I gave you two clear examples of what happens when racist aren't held accountable . The behavior doesn’t stop at name calling online and the behavior doesn't stay online. You aren't born a racist you are influenced by people around you or resources you have access to. There are more sheep than those who are not. Those people go on to keep the infrastructure that you don't like alive.

Racism of the past is not racism of today. The point of talking about the past is to show how much things have changed and what we don't want to return to on any level today or in the future. To compare the past to today and basically saying racism is racism is ridiculous.when you say racism is not new and it has been around for 400 years that is what you are basically saying. The reason people are against racism on social media is to prevent injustice from happening to their respective people or extreme racial practices returning from the past.

You say you want your racist up front, but George Zimmerman is still alive. Trump who is a clear racist become president of the US. You have a group of politicians who openly dismiss police brutality to our community. What does racism being in your face allow you to do that will improve the black community.why would you want to give racist a marketing tool that recruits and influence people to oppress your community. This is not limited to those who would commit everyday crimes against us, but doctors, judges, politicians, police, bankers etc who may not have become racist or acted on their racist beliefs without popular easily accessible platforms. Negative actions without consequences encourages more people to behave in the same manner or worse.

I'm not saying hide racism. I want it removed on all fronts.there will always be racist but we don't want to give them a voice or powerful tools to push their agenda. Our elders didn't fight to spend money and eat with whites. They fought for equality and your right to choose to break bread with whites if you so desired.

You brought up a hate crime act because Asians were being attacked ( COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act). The Emmett Till Antilynching Act based on a hate crime that was done to a Black boy which was long overdue was also created. I try to stay away from politics because I don't follow it well enough but I thought there was already a hate crime law so both acts were more symbolic to me. More importantly to what we are discussing. What happened to create the COVID-19 crime act for Asians? Was part of the issue Trump ( a racist with large influence) went on social media ( Twitter) and called COVID-19 the Chinese virus. Could it be that those racist comments spread online until Asians were actually hurt in real life. Allegedly, hate crimes against Asians in large weren't happening since the 90s, yet after Trumps comments there was a spike in hate crimes against them. My opinion that racism should not be accepted on any platform is to avoid things of this nature happening to black people or honestly people in general.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
You're missing the point. It's not just what happens on Twitter but any platform or outlet as you mentioned. It just so happens we are talking about Twitter so that is where the focusing is. Technically, I also mentioned encountering racism while gaming.What I'm talking about applies across the board and is not limited to Twitter or social media for that matter regardless of the number of users. I gave you two clear examples of what happens when racist aren't held accountable . The behavior doesn’t stop at name calling online and the behavior doesn't stay online. You aren't born a racist you are influenced by people around you or resources you have access to. There are more sheep than those who are not. Those people go on to keep the infrastructure that you don't like alive.

Racism of the past is not racism of today. The point of talking about the past is to show how much things have changed and what we don't want to return to on any level today or in the future. To compare the past to today and basically saying racism is racism is ridiculous.when you say racism is not new and it has been around for 400 years that is what you are basically saying. The reason people are against racism on social media is to prevent injustice from happening to their respective people or extreme racial practices returning from the past.

You say you want your racist up front, but George Zimmerman is still alive. Trump who is a clear racist become president of the US. You have a group of politicians who openly dismiss police brutality to our community. What does racism being in your face allow you to do that will improve the black community.why would you want to give racist a marketing tool that recruits and influence people to oppress your community. This is not limited to those who would commit everyday crimes against us, but doctors, judges, politicians, police, bankers etc who may not have become racist or acted on their racist beliefs without popular easily accessible platforms. Negative actions without consequences encourages more people to behave in the same manner or worse.

I'm not saying hide racism. I want it removed on all fronts.there will always be racist but we don't want to give them a voice or powerful tools to push their agenda. Our elders didn't fight to spend money and eat with whites. They fought for equality and your right to choose to break bread with whites if you so desired.

You brought up a hate crime act because Asians were being attacked ( COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act). The Emmett Till Antilynching Act based on a hate crime that was done to a Black boy which was long overdue was also created. I try to stay away from politics because I don't follow it well enough but I thought there was already a hate crime law so both acts were more symbolic to me. More importantly to what we are discussing. What happened to create the COVID-19 crime act for Asians? Was part of the issue Trump ( a racist with large influence) went on social media ( Twitter) and called COVID-19 the Chinese virus. Could it be that those racist comments spread online until Asians were actually hurt in real life. Allegedly, hate crimes against Asians in large weren't happening since the 90s, yet after Trumps comments there was a spike in hate crimes against them. My opinion that racism should not be accepted on any platform is to avoid things of this nature happening to black people or honestly people in general.

Great post. BTW... the Covid-19 hate crimes act was inspired and implemented due to hate crimes levied against Asians, but it is not for Asians ONLY. This has been explained here and I'm sure elsewhere to them repeatedly.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Musk fucking up the money cause he's a dumbass. Email I got an hour ago. That number means $1.3 million dollars and that just from a small brand on one of my accounts....

Screenshot-20221103-121506-Outlook.png