Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Only thing more cringe and embarrassing then elon, is people bitching about Twitter on Twitter. It's embarrassing, you're gay.

Also does anyone here irl know people who use Twitter? I know maybe two people who use Twitter and they mostly use it to track collectibles and game consoles. Why does everyone care so much?

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Yeah, he knows he is in over his head if I had been into dollars death no way in hell I would touch Twitter right now it is dead.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Only thing more cringe and embarrassing then elon, is people bitching about Twitter on Twitter. It's embarrassing, you're gay.

Also does anyone here irl know people who use Twitter? I know maybe two people who use Twitter and they mostly use it to track collectibles and game consoles. Why does everyone care so much?

I know more than a few who do. I also remember at one point it was falling out of favor. I agree that people really should just leave if they don't like what is happening. However, right now there doesn't seem to be a true competitor. On top of that, it would take time for a competitor to get the needed users to be as impactful as Twitter.

Twitter is considered an informal news outlet of sorts for better or worse. For alot of people they dont go to traditional news outlets for information. For example, let's assume a better Twitter was discovered. Most people more than likely would have used Twitter to communicate it even if it were just find me here like people were doing. Alot of the social justice issues that were driven on Twitter likely would not have been driven hard on traditional outlets if not for gaining momentum/interest on Twitter.

When they stole the Twitter space idea from Clubhouse, it was a good way of hearing the thoughts of industry leaders or engaging with people you generally would not have access to. It's also the fastest way to drive a narrative and influence the masses which is the real reason people seem to care. It's similar to being here but on a way larger scale and you have more people who share who they are in IRL.

Initial, Twitter was part of the reason Elon and Tesla got so popular. Unlike most CEOs Elon would engage with people especially about Tesla related things. Along with the free marketing Tesla got from fans, Elon used social media to promote Tesla by coming off like the every day guy you could talk to. Back then, I doubt most thought of Elon as an attention whore and troll. Add that to people telling him his Tony Starks ( makes no fucking sense considering Elon doesn't invent shit and seems to fail at delivering most of his companies products) and you get the man we see today.