ESPN and Netflix partner up for 10-hour Michael Jordan documentary in 2019

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Michael Jordan to Be Subject of 'The Last Dance' Documentary from ESPN, Netflix

hi-res-34f4caf842bfbe01104e15b97830792e_crop_north.jpg

ESPN Films and Netflix are set to release a 10-part documentary profilingNBAlegendMichael Jordanin 2019.

According toMichael McCarthyof Sporting News,The Last Dance will officially be announced Tuesday at the ESPN upfront presentation.

Richard Deitschof The Athletic added that Jordan approved the project and will take part in it.

The ESPN Films 30 for 30 Twitter account posted the following teaser for the documentary:

The story of His Airness is well-known, as he went from being"cut"from his varsity high school basketball team as a sophomore to becoming arguably the greatest player in the history of basketball.

MJ won a national championship and was named National College Player of the Year at North Carolina before getting selected No. 3 overall in the 1984 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls.

Jordan was a 14-time All-Star, 10-time scoring champion, five-time regular-season MVP, six-time NBA champion and six-time NBA Finals MVP.

He is currently the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets, and he is a successful entrepreneur as the face of the Air Jordan shoe and apparel line.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

THE GOAT

Last edited:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
But but but Lebron is better. So when he retires he will get a 15 hour documentary.............

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
10 hrs? We know everything already. The 30 for 30 team is amazing but 10hrs?
Don't worry king t gonna get a truck full of explosives and drive that into ESPN studios... "For the love of inkosi I will go to jihad for you cobra lalala"

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
"“The Last Dance” will have the full participation of Jordan"

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...tary-the-last-dance-featuring-michael-jordan/

This is going to be great for those who worship at the altar of MJ. But if he participated, you already know how it's going to be framed. This is going to be Come Fly With Me - Extended Edition

I would love for MJ to elevate to the level of a Wilt, a Russell, a Kareem and give us several autobiographies and memoirs on basketball theory and an up front account of his life. It would be dope. To my knowledge has left his followers 0 manuscripts or bball bibles like the GOATs. Just a few fluff pieces with pics.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Don't worry king t gonna get a truck full of explosives and drive that into ESPN studios... "For the love of inkosi I will go to jihad for you cobra lalala"
Lol I think they're going to do it like their oj documentary last yr. That was about 10 hrs long if you included the commercials. Probably break it down by childhood, highschool/college, and then his pro career and retirement. They're the best in the business so it's going to be amazing

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Lol I think they're going to do it like their oj documentary last yr. That was about 10 hrs long if you included the commercials. Probably break it down by childhood, highschool/college, and then his pro career and retirement. They're the best in the business so it's going to be amazing

If they dont break down or include his last 8 years as owner and the challenges he faced itll be wack.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
Only way this could be worth the watch is if they truly expose all of his dirt.
If not, make the shit an hour long, show the same highlights, unnecessary right to left hand switch layup against the lakers, Craig Ehlo jumper, etc.​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
"“The Last Dance” will have the full participation of Jordan"

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...tary-the-last-dance-featuring-michael-jordan/

This is going to be great for those who worship at the altar of MJ. But if he participated, you already know how it's going to be framed. This is going to be Come Fly With Me - Extended Edition

I hope not.

cause in the end it will just be doing HIM a disservice.

They need to talk Isiah and the dream team and bad boy pistons and his fathers death and the rumors surrounding it, the gambling, baseball, the Jordan rules, David Falk,
the mind games on and off the court, the Knicks, losing that record setting scoring game, his relationship with Magic, Larry, ESPECIALLY Ewing, Oak and Barkley, his hall of fame speech, his long list of clones, Kobe, Lebron, his lack of active and visible involvement in social change for Black people.

ALL these things are part of his legacy and WILL be reported eventually and he will have NO SAY SO.

Just do it NOW fully and completely on as much of your terms as possible.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If they dont break down or include his last 8 years as owner and the challenges he faced itll be wack.
It would be funny if they include that segment where hes at all star break in Charlotte and some kid comes up to him asking for an autograph and pic and Jordan screams I don't take pics with no fags...than the kid starts crying and Craig Hodges gives the kid a sweat towel to wipe his eyes...than you hear the kid go fuck you Jordan I loved you now I'll find some other player to love and worship..even if it takes 20 yrs I'll find a replacement and even GIve him a pet name ... Yo if they include that segment best documentary ever

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It would be funny if they include that segment where hes at all star break in Charlotte and some kid comes up to him asking for an autograph and pic and Jordan screams I don't take pics with no fags...than the kid starts crying and Craig Hodges gives the kid a sweat towel to wipe his eyes...than you hear the kid go fuck you Jordan I loved you now I'll find some other player to love and worship..even if it takes 20 yrs I'll find a replacement and even GIve him a pet name ... Yo if they include that segment best documentary ever

I just want the Chamillionaire story.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I enjoyed watching Jordan play ball but he's not playing ball anymore. I can't see myself watching 10 hours of old Jordan footage, with some weak story inserted between clips. Y'all can have it.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
10 hours what else can we learn that we already know about Jordan in 10 hours?

It better be some untold secret shit not ever heard of about Jordan.

That nigga head big enough, fuck he need 10 hours fo?

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
If its not a "warts and all" documentary that shit will be nothing but a 10 hour Air Jordan commercial.