FAMILY OWNED OXTAIL PATTY BUSINESS

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Props to him but he had family to step in and help him which can sometimes be hit or miss but if they all know the plans and goals it can work.
Very true... That family thing can go sideways. They seem like a solid team though.

I'm curious what those oxtail patties go for. All that oxtail ain't cheap!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Oxtails was a throwaway meat given to slaves and was mainly consumed by poor folks thru-out the 20th century.

It used to be one of the cheapest meats at the store.

Now they showing up in high-end restaurants and demand has increased the price that poor folks are having to steal it from the grocery store.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pass by the Hollis store several times a day. I've heard mixed reviews. Patties are frozen not homemade. People have said the food is dry and not enough seasoning like how my Jamaican peeps do. Not a cheese person so I won't be trying it soon.

Line was out the door during the summer

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oxtails was a throwaway meat given to slaves and was mainly consumed by poor folks thru-out the 20th century.

It used to be one of the cheapest meats at the store.

Now they showing up in high-end restaurants and demand has increased the price that poor folks are having to steal it from the grocery store.

Lobster was looked down on also back in the days

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
The video lost me in less than 10 seconds. So you put gravy, mac 'n' cheese, and then more gravy .... on a sandwich.

Nah I'm cool.
Oxtail and gravy don't even sound right on a sandwich. Oxtail go on rice or veggies. A sandwich roll :idea:
Nah, can't do it. Seem unnecessary.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The video lost me in less than 10 seconds. So you put gravy, mac 'n' cheese, and then more gravy .... on a sandwich.

Nah I'm cool.
Oxtail and gravy don't even sound right on a sandwich. Oxtail go on rice or veggies. A sandwich roll :idea:
Nah, can't do it. Seem unnecessary.
They have oxtail pizza. Oxtail empanadas, oxtail heroes.. it's called expanded the menu and trying new twist

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
They have oxtail pizza. Oxtail empanadas, oxtail heroes.. it's called expanded the menu and trying new twist
Oxtail pizza .... oxtail and melted cheese
My God :puke:

Was it an American who created that one?
Did they out bacon and mayonnaise on it too? I bet they put bacon on it. Americans put bloody bacon on everything. :smh:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Did they out bacon and mayonnaise on it too? I bet they put bacon on it. Americans put bloody bacon on everything. :smh:
Actually they were west Indian.
Than afro American

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
Shyddddd, I eat Oxtails and Mac-n-cheese with the gravy on all of it all the time with some bread, hell why not!!! I'm pissed that the price went thru the roof!!! My butcher out in Springfield VA, has them out there, he actually cuts them for me when I go there. I saw white folks buy them, that's why the price is up, NO LIE!!!

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I'm usually game for trying new foods. I typically give things at least one try before I make a decision.

But I'll just have to take y'all word on this one. Oxtail and/or jerk chicken pizza. Nah man, I just can't do it.

Next thing I know, y'all gonna be telling me about some curry shrimp pizza or some shit.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
They need to organize better.
NO WAY should they be going to Costco for supplies. They paying retail....
You get a COMPANY to deliver EVERYTHING you need every few days
Many restaurants fail because of organization, in the end it actually saves you TIME and MONEY

Last edited:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Would you eat an oxtail Philly cheesesteak? Same combination of beef + cheese + bread.

Honestly no.
I'm not saying that it probably doesn't taste good, but it just seems unnecessary. I don't really mess with a lot of bread and cheese anyway.

I know I'm probably missing out on some of life's joys but me and my arteries seem to be okay with that so far :dunno:

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm usually game for trying new foods. I typically give things at least one try before I make a decision.

But I'll just have to take y'all word on this one. Oxtail and/or jerk chicken pizza. Nah man, I just can't do it.

Next thing I know, y'all gonna be telling me about some curry shrimp pizza or some shit.
They do that too lol. (I haven't tried it. Personally that's not something I would try)

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
It's
Honestly no.
I'm not saying that it probably doesn't taste good, but it just seems unnecessary. I don't really mess with a lot of bread and cheese anyway.

I know I'm probably missing out on some of life's joys but me and my arteries seem to be okay with that so far :dunno:
You're not really missing out, it's stunt food, most people try it once and never return.
Oxtail is already a rich, adding cheese doesn't make it better. The mac and cheese plus a buttery patty is a heart attack.
I would make the oxtail sandwich with pickled veggies and herbs to cut through the grease like a banh mi, no cheese, crusty bread.

banh-mi-with-grilled-pork1-1663331872.jpg

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Pass by the Hollis store several times a day. I've heard mixed reviews. Patties are frozen not homemade. People have said the food is dry and not enough seasoning like how my Jamaican peeps do. Not a cheese person so I won't be trying it soon.

Line was out the door during the summer
I actually know the owner his pops makes the patties when the store closes. They probably put it in the freezer overnight

They don’t use cheese on the specialty slices

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Oxtail’s centurieslong roots in Black communities is a history worth protecting

Oxtail’s profile — and price — are rising. Is that a bad thing?

By Joseph Lamour
FEB. 28, 2023

oxtail-cz-2x1-230227-19fde7.jpg

As oxtail goes more mainstream, prices are going up.