Fani Willis ain't playing games, Ga. Grand Jury Looms in Trump Inquiry UPDATE-AND FANI MAKES 4, It's "cheese and Kraken" time as they flip

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m gonna say this and ease my way up on out of here. I told ya’ll YEARS AGO when she brought all of those APS teachers up on Federal Rico charges! She was lead under Paul Howard, who was very aggresive in putting black people in jail. Then she brought the RICO against YSL. Now Trump. They are experimenting the boundaries of law in GA. RICO is a federal tool, not a state tool. I ain’t got a dog in the fight, but if shit ain’t right it ain’t right. Young Thug should have gotten a bond, but they gonna hold him in chains just for sport.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
I’m gonna say this and ease my way up on out of here. I told ya’ll YEARS AGO when she brought all of those APS teachers up on Federal Rico charges! She was lead under Paul Howard, who was very aggresive in putting black people in jail. Then she brought the RICO against YSL. Now Trump. They are experimenting the boundaries of law in GA. RICO is a federal tool, not a state tool. I ain’t got a dog in the fight, but if shit ain’t right it ain’t right. Young Thug should have gotten a bond, but they gonna hold him in chains just for sport.
This Republikkklan idiot here

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm no lawyer, but I understand GA has its own RICO statues for a reason. Additionally, I have no sympathy for teachers or any public employees that conspire together to unjustly enrich themselves on tax payer dollars. I have no sympathy for a man that decides to go by the moniker "young thug" for the purpose of entertaining impressionable young black men and women, and then engages in "thug" behavior that matches the persona he's created. I don’t know the particular of either of these cases, and I don’t have to. It’s how the American justice system works. Prosecutors and courts have leeway on how a case is tried, and then its up to a jury. Nothing new here. How ironic that Giuliani also experimented with the boundaries of the RICO laws. :D

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Fulton judge says Trump court proceedings will be televised

YXHI7WHNIS2YUDBCPYQDLBUX5I.JPG

A Fulton County judge on Thursday said that all court proceedings in the election interference case against former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants will be live streamed and televised.

Judge Scott McAfee also said he is following the precedent set by fellow Fulton Judge Robert McBurney; all hearings and trials will be broadcast on the Fulton County Court YouTube

In an order issued Thursday, McAfee said members of the media would be allowed to use computers and cellphones inside the courtroom for non-recording purposes during court proceedings. There will be pool coverage for television, radio and still photography.

The proceedings — especially those involving Trump himself — are expected to attract international attention.

The transparency in the county court stands in stark contrast to federal court. In Monday’s hearing on whether White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows should have his case transferred to U.S. District Court, journalists were barred from bringing cell phones, laptops and cameras into the Richard B. Russell federal building.

If Meadows is successful in his bid to relocate his case, the other defendants could join him. In that event, McAfee’s order might not matter much.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp dismisses GOP calls for special session to impeach DA Fani Willis​

“Up to this point, I have not seen any evidence that DA Willis’ actions, or lack thereof, warrant action by the prosecuting attorney oversight commission," Kemp said during a news conference.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Thursday rejected calls from several far-right state lawmakers for a special legislative session to potentially impeach Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, after former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants were indicted on felony charges as part of her sweeping investigation into their efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

During a news conference Thursday, Kemp noted that he had previously rejected calls for a special session of the state General Assembly to overturn the 2020 election results “because such an action would have been unconstitutional.”

He then excoriated an unnamed individual in the General Assembly for calling a special session that he said “would ignore current Georgia law and directly interfere with the proceedings of a separate but equal branch of government.”

Kemp stressed that he has not “seen any evidence” that Willis’ actions were unlawful.

“Let me be clear: We have a law in the state of Georgia that clearly outlines the legal steps that can be taken if constituents believe their local prosecutors are violating their oath by engaging in unethical or illegal behavior,” he said. “Up to this point, I have not seen any evidence that DA Willis’ actions, or lack thereof, warrant action by the Prosecuting Attorney Oversight Commission.”

Kemp said a special session to impeach Willis is “not feasible and may ultimately prove to be unconstitutional.”

“The bottom line is that in the state of Georgia as long as I’m governor, we’re going to follow the law and the Constitution, regardless of who it helps and harms politically,” he said. “Over the last few years, some inside and outside of this building may have forgotten that. But I can assure you that I have not.”

Kemp added: “In Georgia, we will not be engaging in political theater that only inflames the emotions of the moment. We will do what is right. We will uphold our oath to public service. And it is my belief that our state will be better off for it.”

Georgia state Sen. Colton Moore, vice chairman of the state Freedom Caucus, is spearheading calls for Kemp to hold a special legislative session to impeach Willis after a Georgia grand jury indicted Trump and top allies with felony racketeering and numerous conspiracy counts. Willis enlisted a special grand jury last year that heard testimony from 75 witnesses.
Trump praised Moore's push for the special session to impeach Willis in a post on Truth Social last week.

The offices of Willis and Moore and the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Kemp, a former Trump ally, broke with the former president over his baseless claims of widespread election fraud in the battleground state.

Weeks after the 2020 election, Kemp’s office confirmed that Trump called the governor and tried to pressure him to order a special session of the state Legislature to overturn Joe Biden’s narrow victory in Georgia.

Kemp testified last year before the special grand jury in the probe launched by Willis in 2021 into whether Trump and his allies engaged in election interference in Georgia. Kemp’s testimony came after a Georgia judge denied his bid to avoid testifying before the grand jury.

The Georgia governor's office also confirmed last month that he was contacted by special counsel Jack Smith’s office in its investigation into efforts by Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election results. A grand jury in Washington, D.C., this month returned a four-count indictment criminally charging Trump with attempts to defraud the United States.

ProfilesEngineServlet

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

A Fulton County judge on Thursday said that all court proceedings in the election interference case against former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants will be live streamed and televised.

Judge Scott McAfee also said he is following the precedent set by fellow Fulton Judge Robert McBurney; all hearings and trials will be broadcast on the Fulton County Court YouTube

In an order issued Thursday, McAfee said members of the media would be allowed to use computers and cellphones inside the courtroom for non-recording purposes during court proceedings. There will be pool coverage for television, radio and still photography.

The proceedings — especially those involving Trump himself — are expected to attract international attention.

The transparency in the county court stands in stark contrast to federal court. In Monday’s hearing on whether White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows should have his case transferred to U.S. District Court, journalists were barred from bringing cell phones, laptops and cameras into the Richard B. Russell federal building.

If Meadows is successful in his bid to relocate his case, the other defendants could join him. In that event, McAfee’s order might not matter much.

The comedy is if Trump can sit there, keep his mouth shut and behave like a adult when the evidence is being presented.

I suspect that idiot will shout out and act up like a 3 year old in that court cuz he has seen it done on TV shows/movies.

We will wait and see.

Kwame Coltrane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Where she supposed to send em? Chateau Elan? Plus its stupid as fuck because alot of them niggas in jail haven't even had charges brought against them. In other words, Fani Willis is not the person in charge of prosecuting petty thieves and every nickle and dime dope boy that gets locked up.

Atlanta is out of control so i guess we just supposed to let these fools assault, rob, and kill cause they black? Fuckouttahere

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Trump ally Giuliani pleads not guilty to Georgia election subversion charges

URM5CBCDVVKAVD4YEBXOK4VDK4.jpg

Sept 1 (Reuters) - Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, has waived a formal arraignment and pleaded not guilty in the Georgia election subversion case, according to a court filing on Friday.

Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor and New York City mayor, was charged last month along with former U.S. President Trump and 17 co-defendants for trying to overturn Trump's 2020 election defeat to Democrat Joe Biden.

Giuliani is accused of making false statements about election fraud to officials in several states in a failed bid to convince them to approve an alternative slate of electors in the formal congressional certification of the election results to keep Trump in power.

The latest charges mark Trump's fourth indictment since launching his reelection campaign for president.

In a separate case, a U.S. judge in Washington ruled that Giuliani is liable for defaming two Georgia election workers who were the target of vote-rigging conspiracy accusations following the 2020 presidential election.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

The levels of fuckery that we are about to witness. May Retlaw be with us.
They might as well play this when Trump and his bunch up on the stand lying

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro are stuck together in Georgia

But don't expect all 19 defendants in Fani Willis' sprawling RICO indictment to go to trial together, much less in October.

By Jordan Rubin
September 6, 2023

230906-chesebro-powell-mb-1222-918e51.jpg

Former Trump lawyers Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Grand jury in Georgia Trump case recommended indicting Lindsey Graham, David Perdue, Kelly Loeffler and Michael Flynn

The current and former senators and former national security adviser were among 21 people who ultimately were not charged in the election interference case.

lindsey-graham-01-gty-jt-230610_1686404514958_hpMain.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Sheriff describes Trump's demeanor while getting mug shot

Fulton County, Georgia Sheriff Patrick Labat was in his county's jail the whole time with former President Donald Trump during his arrest. He tells CNN's Erin Burnett about Trump's demeanor and what he hopes for looking back at the former president's mug shot.