Florida mom sparks 500-person riot at skating rink after daughter’s birthday party is canceled: ‘Tear this bitch up’

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Florida mom sparks 500-person riot at skating rink after daughter’s birthday party is canceled: ‘Tear this bitch up’​

By
Social Links forPatrick Reilly
Published July 12, 2024, 8:59 p.m. ET
1.5K Comments

A Florida mom has been charged with inciting a 500-person riot at a skating rink after calling on her daughter’s friends to “tear this bitch up” when her kid’s birthday party was canceled, according to police.
Stephanie Pedroso, 36, was arrested on Thursday for allegedly sparking the chaos at Astro Skate in Brandon in May after the rink canceled her booking for an “after hours birthday party” for breach of contract, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
Pedroso made the reservation on May 14 for the May 17 event for her daughter’s birthday, but failed to secure off-duty deputies for the party as agreed upon in the contract, leading to the cancellation.
Pedroso was issued a refund, cops said.
Stephanie Pedroso 4
Stephanie Pedroso is charged with inciting a riot.Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office

However, an outraged Pedroso posted an expletive-filled rant on her daughter’s social media account encouraging the girl’s friends to show up at the rink anyway.
“For y’all, if y’all still go up there, tear the f–k out of them. I’ve got some money for y’all, and I’ll pay y’all ass,” Pedroso said in the video, according to police.

video of riot 4
Several fights broke out at the rink, spilling into the street.Hillsborough County Sheriff
“I hope everybody still show up and tear this bitch up tomorrow,” she added.
Pedroso was also heard calling on people to “make them crackers work” and “stress them the f—k out.”
Around 9:20 p.m. on May 18, deputies responded to calls of a “crowd of 500 people” that stormed the rink, leading to several fights.
Deputies ordered the crowd to leave because they were trespassing, but the mob continued fighting, damaging nearby businesses and stealing and disrupting operations, police said in May.
At a nearby barbershop, one victim was beaten and thrown through the store’s plate-glass window before being transported to an area hospital.
one person was thrown through a window 4
One person was injured after being thrown through a window.Hillsborough County Sheriff
fight 4
Police arrested 23 juveniles and three adults in the chaos.Hillsborough County Sheriff
It took deputies nearly six hours to contain the riot that led to five local businesses being damaged.
Authorities arrested 23 minors and three adults at the scene.
“Using social media to encourage people to riot and destroy businesses is completely unacceptable, and we will not tolerate that here in Hillsborough County,” Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said in a statement.
“This serves as a stark reminder of how quickly situations can spiral out of control and show the importance of responsible behavior and the consequences of inciting violence,” he added.
Pedroso was charged with one count each of inciting a riot, unlawful use of a two-way communication device, and driving with a license suspended, canceled, or revoked, authorities announced.
She was released from detention Thursday after posting a bond of $2,500, jail records show.
What do you think? Post a comment.
It was not immediately clear when she was scheduled to appear in court.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Woman Arrested for Inciting Riot at Astro Skate in Brandon​

For Immediate Release : Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office

July 11, 2024 Public Affairs Office | piocommandcenter@hcso.tampa.fl.us (813) 247-8060

Release Number: 24-141​

Date​

ThursdayJuly 11, 20248:40 AM

Location​

Woman Arrested for Inciting Riot at Astro Skate in Brandon

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office has arrested a woman following violence that took place outside Astro Skate in May.
On Saturday, May 18, 2024, at 9:20 p.m., our Communications Center received a call from an off-duty HCSO deputy that a large crowd of 500 people had shown up to Astro Skate in Brandon, where several violent fights had broken out.
With further investigation, deputies have now arrested Stephanie Pedroso, 36, for her part in inciting the violence that took place that night. Deputies also arrested Pedroso's husband, James Knight II, 38, on an unrelated charge of Driving with License Suspended, Canceled, or Revoked (3rd Offense).
Pedroso was booked on the following charges:
  • Inciting a Riot
  • Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communication Device
  • Driving with License Suspended, Canceled, or Revoked (3rd Offense)
"Using social media to weaponize our youth is absolutely deplorable," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "As a parent, I cannot fathom what went through this woman's mind when she put lives at risk to provoke this mayhem."
Detectives found that Pedroso had initiated a contract with Astro Skate on May 14, 2024, to host an "after-hours birthday party" for her daughter. She shared the event on her daughter's social media, which gained considerable attention and hundreds of likes.
In breach of the Astro Skate contract, she failed to secure the required off-duty deputies for the after-hours party. Due to the failure to meet the contract requirements, Astro Skate canceled the reservation on May 17, 2024. Pedroso was issued a refund.
That's when Pedroso used her daughter's social media to make a live video encouraging friends to show up to inflict violence in the community, which included many of the businesses around Astro Skate.
In the Instagram live video stream, Pedroso could be heard making multiple violent and vulgar statements as well as numerous racial slurs.
We have included several of those statements below:
  • “For y’all, if y’all still go up there, tear the fuck out of them. I’ve got some money for y’all, and I’ll pay y’all ass.”
  • “I hope everybody still show up and tear this bitch up tomorrow.”
  • “Make them crackers work.”
  • “Stress them the fuck out.”
  • “Fuck that, we should still go to Astro.”
In response to the comments on the live video, the following statements could also be heard:
  • “They said, they still going.”
  • “They said they finna protest at Astro and still go and terrorize it.”
Once on scene, it took deputies nearly six hours to contain the behavior that led to one injury and five local businesses sustaining damage. Deputies arrested 23 juveniles and three adults for the escalation of the chaos at the scene.
"I want to be clear: using social media to encourage people to riot and destroy businesses is completely unacceptable, and we will not tolerate that here in Hillsborough County," said Sheriff Chronister. "This serves as a stark reminder of how quickly situations can spiral out of control and show the importance of responsible behavior and the consequences of inciting violence."
Any further information on this case will be released from the Public Affairs Office.

Additional Images​

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is that the joint on Armenia?

Edit-- Nevermind, I see it says Brandon... I believe the skate rink near the stadium is Astro-something as well

United Skates of America is on Armenia that one is pretty cool but it seems like Astro skate is on the News every other week :smh:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
basically the party was cancelled because the po lice didnt get THEIR CUT,

in OVERTIME PAY, she failed to hire them, they STOPPED HER SHOW..

its how the system LEGALLY ROBS citizens.... and why we need our OWN REVENUES

and WHY RESIDENTIAL SEGREGATION IS NEEDED.. and only

BUSINESS DISTRICTS should be integrated....!!!

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Do you think an after-hours party for teenagers at a business establishment doesn't need supervision?

This has nothing to do with race... The party never kicked off... she breached the contract prior to, got her money back, her pride/ego got hurt so she became embarrassed for actions of her own doing (a lack of accountability and awareness)... Instead of being an adult she went on her Daughters social media to post her frustration to an easily influenced age group... played stupid games and got deserving results... She only gave herself 3 days to get those things set up too, so poor planning and execution on her end... A lot of things can come down to race - this ain't one

United Skates of America is on Armenia that one is pretty cool but it seems like Astro skate is on the News every other week :smh:
Ahhhh ok, you're right, that's what it is... The other one is Skateworld of Tampa, but I never heard of that one being a spot to find a bunch of Black people...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you think an after-hours party for teenagers at a business establishment doesn't need supervision?

This has nothing to do with race... The party never kicked off... she breached the contract prior to, got her money back, her pride/ego got hurt so she became embarrassed for actions of her own doing (a lack of accountability and awareness)... Instead of being an adult she went on her Daughters social media to post her frustration to an easily influenced age group... played stupid games and got deserving results... She only gave herself 3 days to get those things set up too, so poor planning and execution on her end... A lot of things can come down to race - this ain't one

Ahhhh ok, you're right, that's what it is... The other one is Skateworld of Tampa, but I never heard of that one being a spot to find a bunch of Black people...

sure plenty of partys get thrown by and for teen agers and nothing happens... for every violent teen ager party you show me,

I can show you TEN that were not..

and many times folks dont have the extra money like that, once they spent for the venue, and food, decor, presents...

folks dont be having extra funds for professional security..

now I dont agree with what happend afterwards, I understand the frustration but you have to teach your young ones,

how to deal with life's let downs... how to flip lemons into lemonade....not have fuckin grown ass temper tandrums...

not very becoming... but not gonna lie... its extremely entertaining....LOL..

an sometimes a real knigga understand, TEARIN SHIT UP!!!

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Say...
Didn't a recently convicted billionaire/politician commit the exact same kinda crime about 3 1/2 years ago? And yet, FOX News calls them "patriots".
:puzzled:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor

Nah when the owner saw or someone told him about the flyers on social media he started looking for a reason to cancel the event. He said she was talking about having a booty contest and selling tickets to make herself some extra money, dude saying he didn't want all that ratchet stuff at his business..lol

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah when the owner saw or someone told him about the flyers on social media he started looking for a reason to cancel the event. He said she was talking about having a booty contest and selling tickets to make herself some extra money, dude saying he didn't want all that ratchet stuff at his business..lol

LOL yea well I dont blame none of them, hoes gonna do what they do and business owners gonna do what they do,

if thats the case, she wouldve been fine if she wouldve kept her shit on the low....

LOL how she go from childrens party to booty contest..between her an the business owner. somebody lyin :lol: