Food: McDonald’s to launch $5 meal deal to lure back diners after pricing out low-income customers UPDATE: WORKED! CUPS SELLING OUT!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I remember in high school, getting off Septa at 22nd and Lehigh with my buddy that lived around the corner, and we'd get the two cheeseburger meal for $2.99 and split it. That shit is almost $10 now.
My only McDonalds trip happens once or twice a month, when I get a sausage McMuffin with egg on a friday. I used to go to the diner on Friday mornings to read and eat an omlette, but they closed the diner down for remodeling and I never reestablished that routine.

Over here it's been really noticeable with the A&W locations and the coupon sheets they send out.

An example would be something like a coupon for a teen burger (or mozza) and onion rings for $6.

That became 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.99 with a coupon in recent years.

At that point you sort of just scratch your head like - "What am I saving? 10 to 25 cents?"

And their coupon sheets last a long time too (sometimes 5 - 7 months). I've given the extra coupon sheets to some friends and family over the years and they jokingly noted - "These prices suck ... even with coupons", lol. I agreed with their sentiments, haha.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ive always said the shit was artificial inflation. At some point folks would stop buying the shit but americans are so greedy they havent. You should only be buying basic essentials at Targer nowadays.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
Damn, homie passed away from cancer. I know shit like this makes people say fuck it I'm a die anyways minus whale eat whatever I want and that's how fast-food spots stay open. His doc made my Mcdonald's consumption go from once or twice every few months to none.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People really eat this shit in real life. As a meal. For food.
I can understand being on the road or having a junk food craving. But people feed this shit to their kids, in real life.
Getting priced out seems like it should have been a blessing.

I knew a guy who owned like 8 5 Guys franchises. His family only ate from Whole Foods.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

not surprised

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

• McDonald's global comparable sales fell 1% year-over-year last quarter, missing analyst estimates.
  • But the fast-food giant's stock is up more than 4% as its CEO says its $5 value meal is paying off.
  • The company plans to focus on value going forward as low income customers grow weary from inflation
@tallblacknyc

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
McDonald’s had to learn the hard way as I said earlier in thread…. McDonald’s you are not a five star restaurant you are barely a one star restaurant people only go to you when they only have pennies and a pocket. Your breakfast is decent, but your lunch is crappy. People only used to eat it because they didn’t have nothing else. Checkers burgers taste better than McDonald’s burgers at this point. You guys thought you could take advantage of the Covid pandemic and keep this charade going (did I say charade?? Well I guess I did). Anyways I hope the other fast food restaurants get their shit together too.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I knew a guy who owned like 8 5 Guys franchises. His family only ate from Whole Foods.
And they say rich people are smart. SMH.

Whole Foods is an Amazon product. They’re using the perceived value of the label to overcharge brand-conscious customers out the ass.

What is your definition of organic? You can’t have access to a mango all months of the year. You can’t. It’s not natural.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@tallblacknyc @dik cashmere @Lexx Diamond @easy_b

McDonald's could sell water to a whale

They may be one of the best ever in marketing and promotion period

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
@tallblacknyc @dik cashmere @Lexx Diamond @easy_b

McDonald's could sell water to a whale

They may be one of the best ever in marketing and promotion period

I haven’t eaten Mikey D’s since a teenager and a cup won’t bring me back

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just got back from Curacao, and the MC donalds there is the same. there is a main part to order food. and on the side of the building there was a walk up window to only order shakes and ice cream. and there were several flavours to choose from

Was the machine working?