Football Heads: Running Back Tourney Match 3: #5 Emmitt Smith vs. #12 Marcus Allen

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Re: Football Heads: Running Back Tourney Match 3: #5 Emmitt Smith vs. #12 Marcus All

this one is easy... Marcus Allen

thalunatic

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: Football Heads: Running Back Tourney Match 3: #5 Emmitt Smith vs. #12 Marcus All

marcusallen.jpg

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Marcus Allen by far.

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I disagree with the seeds. Curtis Martin who is 4 in all-time yards is seeded 13? Jerome Bettis who is 5 in rushing is 15? Earl Campbell who didn't have 10000 yds is ranked higher (6) than Dickerson when Dickerson is 6 in rushing? And why do niggas shit on LT so much? Is he not the best back of the decade? And Bo Jackson can't be on a best ever list, he had the potential but we all know what happened to him.

nick581

Rising Star
Registered

Marcus Allen

Solomon Grundy

Support BGOL
Registered

I disagree with the seeds. Curtis Martin who is 4 in all-time yards is seeded 13? Jerome Bettis who is 5 in rushing is 15? Earl Campbell who didn't have 10000 yds is ranked higher (6) than Dickerson when Dickerson is 6 in rushing? And why do niggas shit on LT so much? Is he not the best back of the decade? And Bo Jackson can't be on a best ever list, he had the potential but we all know what happened to him.

The seeding was done by the gathering of a slew of opinions, not just me. Some people went with stats, and some went with, "If i was starting a team tomorrow...etc." These were the results.

MadAfrikan

Star
BGOL Investor

great idea for a thread but i think we need some formal criteria. niggaz seem to lead with thier hearts. or some people might be thinking about pure stats (yards gained, touchdown, etc).

if we had some formal criteria for ranking these cats, we'd be better off.

now, on emmitt vs. marcus:

i think marcus was obviously the better pure runner. he was more athletic and graceful with his running style.

i think emmitt had the better sense of field vision and instinct to get gains no matter what. thus we have emmitt as the all time leader in yards gained.

as a lifetime cowboy fan, emmitt is certainly my favorite back of all time. but i'm not gonna sit here and say he's the best of all time.

my all time 5 greatest backs are: jim brown, walter payton, oj simpson, eric dickerson and barry sanders.

honorable mention: emmit smith, gayle sayers ***would have been the best if not for injury), bo jackson, earl campbell and tony dorsett.

Solomon Grundy

Support BGOL
Registered

great idea for a thread but i think we need some formal criteria. niggaz seem to lead with thier hearts. or some people might be thinking about pure stats (yards gained, touchdown, etc).

if we had some formal criteria for ranking these cats, we'd be better off.

now, on emmitt vs. marcus:

i think marcus was obviously the better pure runner. he was more athletic and graceful with his running style.

i think emmitt had the better sense of field vision and instinct to get gains no matter what. thus we have emmitt as the all time leader in yards gained.

as a lifetime cowboy fan, emmitt is certainly my favorite back of all time. but i'm not gonna sit here and say he's the best of all time.

my all time 5 greatest backs are: jim brown, walter payton, oj simpson, eric dickerson and barry sanders.

honorable mention: emmit smith, gayle sayers ***would have been the best if not for injury), bo jackson, earl campbell and tony dorsett.

Thanks for the compliment...I believe I'm going to do the Quarterbacks next. Maybe I'll come up with some good criteria to go on.

By the way, y'all, Marcus Allen Advances, Emmitt goes to the losers bracket.