Foxx From M.O.P Has Paassed Away

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
RIP Big Baby Boogie Boogie from M.O.P.

Former hip-hop manager Foxx M.O.P. was scowling at the entrance to a second-story Bronx boxing gym, her red-painted fingernails draped over the cashbox. In a room wallpapered with yellowing news clippings and faded fliers, other current and former hip-hop managers, producers and DJs were drinking wine and snapping photos.

The middle-aged hip-hop crowd had turned out at the gym on East 149th Street to raise money for families with autistic children. Foxx’s task was to guard the door, making sure everyone paid the $10 cover fee.

A DJ shuffled his fists over a MacBook and the honeyed voice of an R&B singer pumped from the speakers, cooing, “Hey girl, how you doin…doo-doo-doo.” Foxx glared at the man who had just tried to argue his way in without paying. “I’m just trying to stay cool,” she said.

Ten years ago, nobody in the Bronx would have dared push past Foxx. She was part of M.O.P., a hard-core hip-hop group whose best-known song exhorts listeners to “Ante up! Kidnap that fool!” She had built her reputation on toughness. When radio stations balked at the cusswords in M.O.P.’s music, Foxx bullied them into playing the songs. When bouncers turned away M.O.P.’s entourage, Foxx beat them up. And when a soundman couldn’t get the volume right, Foxx set him straight.

“Record labels were scared of her,” remembered former hip-hop manager Jamil Flores, one of the event organizers. “If you didn’t pay the group, Foxx was knocking down your door.”

Now, at 47, Foxx has had to reinvent herself. Her career came to a grinding halt in 2009 when she was diagnosed with scleroderma, an autoimmune disease. No longer able to keep up with the grueling pace of M.O.P.’s tours, Foxx has gone from managing tens of thousands of dollars to guarding a fundraiser cashbox.

Last edited:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man that was a muthafuckin jam! And the remix was fire too :dance: :dance:

Rest well Mama.
Yap that fool.

Why was I never blessed with a DMX remix?
Cause the Sesame Street remix was to good that no one else wanted to do it after

I mean if Sesame Street hasn't hit them with a cease and desist then it's official.

Ante Up is in my top 10 records of all time. I remember early in Covid when I pulled up in a Walmart parking lot with Ante Up going off and 4 Alarm Blaze starting. The windows were down with the music all the way up and you can clearly hear the “Fuck Guiliani” lyrics. There was an older guy pouring some stuff into his engine who removed his head from under the hood and praised me for playing good music.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didnt she have children... I think a homie I grew up with Knocked that up tho, a few decades ago....

but man listen.. My kniggas in the bronx need to STOP Trusting them hospitals and clinics

up there.. fuckin nazi, kkk doctors all up in that bitch with an agenda,

Kniggas trust pale face too fuckin much... going to these death centers, taking their

kill you slowly meds, and die waaaaaay before thier time..

I aint been to one of them lab coat legal dope pushers in over thirty years,

and I feel like Im getting younger and stronger everyday.

I got homies that listen to their doctors, muthafuckas got a whole SHELF

dedicated to meds and that shit keeps growing... and I see them

slowly getting weaker and lowkey want me to slow down too..

talkin bout.. yea you should go to church, blah blah blah..

Im llke KNIGGA the GYM IS MY CHURCH...lol

but chea, I think my homie greer knocked that up about twenty years ago,

I thought they got married, he was cool a tall lightskin bruh, but he was kind of soft,

not gay soft, but grown up, not having to worry about money type of soft..

but the article dont mention if she had children or not, I couldve sworn he knocked up

MOP's manager..anyway RIP to her,

But I wonder why so many dudes were scared of her, she mustve been related to a killer..

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
She passed away on saturday august 3rd 2024 on Kingsbridge Day

She was the bronx female member of the brooklyn hard core rap group M.O.P.

More detsils later....