Ghostface Killah: Writing Classic Albums With Schizophrenia.

hajjibear

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw this video the other day. I always wondered how did he put his words together like that, but now it really does make sense. I worked with people that had all types of mental health disorders, quite a few with schizophrenia. When they had an episode they would tell you these stories so fluidly but they make absolutely no sense but as they transition to different topics it seemed to flow, it was just incoherent as hell, lol. I was always amazed with how they put their words together

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It wasn't until supreme clientele that he started to sound all over the place to me,but he made that shit sound sooooo fly.

Scientific, my hand kissed it
Robotic let's think optimistic
You probably missed it, watch me dolly dick it
Scotty watty cop it to me, big microphone hippie

Hit Poughkepsie crispy chicken verbs throw up a stone richie
Chop the O, sprinkle a lil′ snow inside a Optimo
Swing the John McEnroe, rap rock′n'roll
Tidy Bowl, gung-ho pro, Starsky with the gumsole

Hit the rump slow, parole kids, live Rapunzel
But Ton′ stizzy really high, the vivid laser eye guide
Jump in the Harley ride, Clarks I freak a lemon pie
I'm bout it, bout it, Lord forgive me, Ms. Sally shouted

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Main article: Ghostface Killah discography
See also: Wu-Tang Clan discography
Studio albums
Collaboration albums

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess that’s why he has a lot of food references in a lot of his rhymes.
Could be but remember when they first came out Ghost had his face covered cause he was on the run and out of the members they said ODB and Ghost were the problems,ODB for his behaviors and shit he did and Ghost had a bad reputation in the streets and Raekwon said in his book he was the type of kid no one's parents wanted hanging around them and as they got older he was like a ghost,you see him and then you didn't and no one liked him in any of the neighborhoods.

He probably was schizophranic his whole life and his behavior was crazy but so was a bunch of other motherfuckers that was just like him,than you mix drugs into all of that,coke and dust that shit gave em the courage to do a lot of shit,including creating very colorful rhymes and ideas.

Mental illness can help people,some of the most talented people I've come across were crazy.For a lot of them with talent,you medicate em or hault their illness they lose the desire,the want and drive to do whatever they wanted to do.

No different than Steve Jobs

DASK

I'm the Bad Guy
BGOL Investor
Not to minimize what he’s going thru…….but I stopped smoking weed for the same reason.

I also realized that when I drink while smoking it doesn’t happen.

Wonder if these dudes smoked so much that they have some minor damage.

Not that there is no mental health issues but……ni99a stop smoking that shi+!!!!!

Carry on…….
EXACTLY!!!

And I used to LOVE to smoke in my 20s and early 30s..
The paranoia and psychotic thoughts that I would get became unbearable. I would feel like the world was against me and all my problems would be magnified X10.. especially when I was alone. I would have to chase each pull with a shot of Vodka to even it out... I just had to accept that it was not for me anymore.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
I saw this video the other day. I always wondered how did he put his words together like that, but now it really does make sense. I worked with people that had all types of mental health disorders, quite a few with schizophrenia. When they had an episode they would tell you these stories so fluidly but they make absolutely no sense but as they transition to different topics it seemed to flow, it was just incoherent as hell, lol. I was always amazed with how they put their words together
Hell yeah.. Ghost would cover 50 topics in 8 bars and have a nigga confused but that shit sounded DOPE. Had a nigga thinking I had to go study because his shit went over my head.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
EXACTLY!!!

And I used to LOVE to smoke in my 20s and early 30s..
The paranoia and psychotic thoughts that I would get became unbearable. I would feel like the world was against me and all my problems would be magnified X10.. especially when I was alone. I would have to chase each pull with a shot of Vodka to even it out... I just had to accept that it was not for me anymore.
On the flip side though, were those your subconscious thoughts that you have been suppressing when not elevated?? I went through many therapy sessions with myself on the herb. Sometime i couldnt decipher what was real from what wasn’t though. Go through all kind of emotions from dark to light all in 30 mins. I seek God now and not the one in the sky

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Classic material :dance:

None of his lyrics ever made sense to me :lol: , but his first four albums go HARD.

DASK

I'm the Bad Guy
BGOL Investor
On the flip side though, were those your subconscious thoughts that you have been suppressing when not elevated?? I went through many therapy sessions with myself on the herb. Sometime i couldnt decipher what was real from what wasn’t though. Go through all kind of emotions from dark to light all in 30 mins. I seek God now and not the one in the sky
It's hard to say. I think we all have problems we deal with on a day to day or long-term. I just know that there wasn't anything bugging me on the level that it affected my everyday life, no childhood trauma or none of that. The major thing I could remember was, comparing myself to others and not being where I wanted to be in life.. and it would seem (in my head) that all the people that knew me were saying shit behind my back. My whole outlook on life would become dark and gloomy. If I had any pain, such as my knee or back for example, that I'd normally go all day without thinking about, all of a sudden becomes amplified. Then I start worrying about what if it never gets better and how bad it would be 5-10 years down the line.. Shit like that. I could never get out of my head and would have to sleep the shit off. Depressing af.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered

Good point. Except to me I always thought that they were conscious thoughts.

I rationalized that there was a part of the brain responsible for containing these thought and another part for keeping them rational.

I’ve had thoughts of murder, suicide and paranoia but was always able to rationalize them as being irrational.

The weed, esp the stuff they smoking today, made it more difficult to be in control of the rationalization.

I’m almost positive these new Ni99as like Von etc. are victims of smoking this weed……to an extent.

Carry on……

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's hard to say. I think we all have problems we deal with on a day to day or long-term. I just know that there wasn't anything bugging me on the level that it affected my everyday life, no childhood trauma or none of that. The major thing I could remember was, comparing myself to others and not being where I wanted to be in life.. and it would seem (in my head) that all the people that knew me were saying shit behind my back. My whole outlook on life would become dark and gloomy. If I had any pain, such as my knee or back for example, that I'd normally go all day without thinking about, all of a sudden becomes amplified. Then I start worrying about what if it never gets better and how bad it would be 5-10 years down the line.. Shit like that. I could never get out of my head and would have to sleep the shit off. Depressing af.
Experienced some of this also. The body pain part,spot on

parisian

International
International Member
It wasn't until supreme clientele that he started to sound all over the place to me,but he made that shit sound sooooo fly.

Scientific, my hand kissed it
Robotic let's think optimistic
You probably missed it, watch me dolly dick it
Scotty watty cop it to me, big microphone hippie

Hit Poughkepsie crispy chicken verbs throw up a stone richie
Chop the O, sprinkle a lil′ snow inside a Optimo
Swing the John McEnroe, rap rock′n'roll
Tidy Bowl, gung-ho pro, Starsky with the gumsole

Hit the rump slow, parole kids, live Rapunzel
But Ton′ stizzy really high, the vivid laser eye guide
Jump in the Harley ride, Clarks I freak a lemon pie
I'm bout it, bout it, Lord forgive me, Ms. Sally shouted

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
If you ever feel like you are most dumb, lamest square that ain't up on ANYTHING...listen to Apollo Kids.

Man Ghost was everywhere and nowhere on that track but it was pure FIRE!!!!!

I still don't know what the fuck he was talking about to this day :lol: