Graphics guy: "I just lost my Job to AI"

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
A lot of these people are now realizing AI could take their jobs. Also, (and this is the biggest elephant in the room with AI) the androids (robots) are becoming very advance very quickly so a lot of manufacturing jobs within the next 10 years is going to go poof. My prediction eventually some of these conservative people are going to close their mouth about the dropping birth rate.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
A lot of these people are now realizing AI could take their jobs. Also, (and this is the biggest elephant in the room with AI) the androids (robots) are becoming very advance very quickly so a lot of manufacturing jobs within the next 10 years is going to go poof. My prediction eventually some of these conservative people are going to close their mouth about the dropping birth rate.
Oh, one more thing to add and this is very, very important.

We'll need universal basic income - AI 'godfather'​

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He could open an OnlyFans of him getting femdom humiliated, or rent his own holes out. Nobody is stopping him.

44d.png

easy_b

BGOL Investor
He's white. He'll be alright. His mediocre-ass will get hired for something else in less than a month.
Eventually, he’s not going to be all right. America has to start transitioning to a new type of economy the old way it’s going to be taken away by AI and is very outdated. I’m saying this is somebody who got laid off last year….even I see the writing on the wall.

Last edited:

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Eventually, he’s not going to be all right. America has to start transitioning to a new type of economy the old way it’s going to be taken away by AI and is very outdated. I’m saying this is somebody who got laid off last year….even I see the right on the wall.
He's white. He will always be alright and get hired for whatever. Skills are not required. We, on the other hand, need to adapt to the changes brought on by AI and learn new skills to get hired.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
He's white. He will always be alright and get hired for whatever. Skills are not required. We, on the other hand, need to adapt to the changes brought on by AI and learn new skills to get hired.
Again, you are right for the short term, but for the long-term, he is going to be in the same mess as everyone else. You see some of these boomers who now realizing they fucked up with voting for Reagan when things was good for them in the 80s now realize shit is fucked up right now for them because of decisions they made years ago.

@peter.parker1

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Learn a new fuckin skill, shit.

Mofos think that society suppose to stay the same forever. Why doesn’t he learn how to leverage AI with the skill he has already? He’s the one that got complacent. Plus, he’s on 27/28 years old.
I almost said the same thing you said. Al is changing things very rapidly.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
The company he worked for was probably 98-100% white staffed anyway.
A lot of these white people are beginning to get a dose of reality…..they thought they couldn’t be touched, but they are getting touched mainly due to their own decisions and corporate greed. But as I said a few minutes ago, the America economy has to start transitioning.

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
Was literally having this discussion with a buddy yesterday. People don't realize how close we are to a whole new paradigm of humanity with the emergence of true AI (not machine learning) coupled with advanced robotics.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Was literally having this discussion with a buddy yesterday. People don't realize how close we are to a whole new paradigm of humanity with the emergence of true AI (not machine learning) coupled with advanced robotics.

Exactly. Like I keep saying America has to transition into a new economy because the old way is very outdated. The Covid pandemic prove that.

BoxEater

BGOL Investor
Exactly. Like I keep saying America has to transition into a new economy because the old way is very outdated. The Covid pandemic prove that.
The US is laughably behind other advanced nations in terms of tech workers. India invested heavily in tech education for its people 50 years ago. We're at least 50 years behind and will never be a tech super power like Isreal, eastern europe and many African countries like Nigeria.

We got guns tho...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
During the Obama administration/Great Recession, folks were 100% sure that learning Code/IT was the best career investment you could get and that there was job/financial security with it.

I told people it was not guaranteed cuz technology was advancing rapidly at the time.

Nobody was thinking of “Artificial Intelligence” or even automation/drones back then. If you brought it up you would be clowned about it and told you watched “The Matrix” and “Terminator” too much.

Folks are getting a wakeup call.

I told my sons when they were in High School that they were entering a very unpredictable job market. The only good advice I could give them was look for employment that could not be…

- Exported to a foreign country
- Where you could be laid off and replaced by cheaper migrant labor
- Where it is easy for the employer to replace you with a drone or Artificial Intelligence

I also informed them that the days of working a job and staying there for 20+ years and retiring from it are long gone. These young people are living in a era where when you got a current job, you gotta start looking for a new one.

I also told them to be prepared to constantly having to relocate for employment. I have noticed it is getting to a point in this country where work is becoming Seasonal. Certain jobs are in demand during certain times of the year. It might be why Wall Street is being allowed to buy up all these homes.

Like pointed out earlier in the thread, the current way the American economy is working is not sustainable, it has to change.

I’m gonna go and throw this out there, but it’s becoming increasingly possible we may in our lifetime see the American economy or other economies in the world shift to what they have in the “Star Trek” Universe.

There is no economy in the Star Trek universe. Nobody gets paid for their labor. There is no Rich/Middle Class/Poor. Everyone is equal status. Their “Wealth” comes from what they achieve in their lifetime.

It’s way out there and radical, but obviously Gene Roddenberry was onto something when he developed the series back in the 1960s.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
During the Obama administration/Great Recession, folks were 100% sure that learning Code/IT was the best career investment you could get and that there was job/financial security with it.

I told people it was not guaranteed cuz technology was advancing rapidly at the time.

Nobody was thinking of “Artificial Intelligence” or even automation/drones back then. If you brought it up you would be clowned about it and told you watched “The Matrix” and “Terminator” too much.

Folks are getting a wakeup call.

I told my sons when they were in High School that they were entering a very unpredictable job market. The only good advice I could give them was look for employment that could not be…

- Exported to a foreign country
- Where you could be laid off and replaced by cheaper migrant labor
- Where it is easy for the employer to replace you with a drone or Artificial Intelligence

I also informed them that the days of working a job and staying there for 20+ years and retiring from it are long gone. These young people are living in a era where when you got a current job, you gotta start looking for a new one.

I also told them to be prepared to constantly having to relocate for employment. I have noticed it is getting to a point in this country where work is becoming Seasonal. Certain jobs are in demand during certain times of the year. It might be why Wall Street is being allowed to buy up all these homes.

Like pointed out earlier in the thread, the current way the American economy is working is not sustainable, it has to change.

I’m gonna go and throw this out there, but it’s becoming increasingly possible we may in our lifetime see the American economy or other economies in the world shift to what they have in the “Star Trek” Universe.

There is no economy in the Star Trek universe. Nobody gets paid for their labor. There is no Rich/Middle Class/Poor. Everyone is equal status. Their “Wealth” comes from what they achieve in their lifetime.

It’s way out there and radical, but obviously Gene Roddenberry was onto something when he developed the series back in the 1960s.
Well, learning code wasn’t that bad of a decision especially if you are programming AI products. Remember, they are still going to need people to maintain the AI networks. But in the next 20 or 30 years the AI networks may be able to maintain their selves but we are not at that point yet.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Well, learning code wasn’t that bad of a decision especially if you are programming AI products. Remember, they are still going to need people to maintain the AI networks. But in the next 20 or 30 years the AI networks may be able to maintain their selves but we are not at that point yet.
actually, I was being a little generous with the 20 or 30 year timeline with AI networks taken care of each other……. There is a very strong chance that it could be only 10 years for them to achieve this.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
You'll see real estate agents, life insurance agents and others start going the same route. Contracts can easily be spit out by AI and eliminate the need for them to take commissions the way they do.

Some things will never falter is trade, skill and profession.

Anyone remember these people called travel agents? Couldn't believe there was a time when the only way to get a ticket was to call an agency and buy a ticket somewhere. They are gone.

BoxEater

BGOL Investor
Well, learning code wasn’t that bad of a decision especially if you are programming AI products. Remember, they are still going to need people to maintain the AR network now in the next 20 or 30 years. AI networks may be able to maintain their cells but we ain’t at that point yet.
All the software engineers I know are BALLIN