• "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Rock with You"

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • "Billie Jean"

• "Beat It"

• "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett)

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • "Bad"

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • "The Way You Make Me Feel"

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • "Man in the Mirror"

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • "Dirty Diana"

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • "Black or White"

Votes: 51 34.0%
  • "You Are Not Alone"

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Say Say Say (with Paul McCartney)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Michael_Jackson_in_1988.jpg

Of all the singles that charted number 1 (according to wiki) what song was (in your opinion) his weakest least effort musically?

All of these songs were number 1 hits for Jackson throughout his career.

"Ben"
"Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough"
"Rock with You"
"Billie Jean"
"Beat It"
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett)
"Bad"
"The Way You Make Me Feel"
"Man in the Mirror"
"Dirty Diana"
"Black or White"
"You Are Not Alone"
"Say Say Say" (with Paul McCartney) late write in...

I say Black or White was his weakest. Mike's message songs always kinda annoyed me. He did better when he was just having fun ("Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough") or being romantic and silly in love ("Rock with You", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"). Black or White has the grating opening guitar riff and the rap in the middle is weak at best.

But it was by far his biggest hit charting number in 11 countries and no less than number 3 during its peak. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson_singles_discography#Singles_released_physically

Which means it got a hell of lot of airplay which annoyed me more.

Last edited:

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I like every song on your list so I cannot vote for any of them as weak

- I don't know if this was number one but I hated Say Say Say - ugh I like Paul McCartney but that song sucked ass

Here it is for those who don't remember

Last edited:

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
"Rock with You"

i always hated that song

Dag. You don't even like the little bridge part "you know that love survived, so we can rock forever", not even that? - that part alone is undeniable

"Rock With You" was like the first song I've ever remember liking as a kid.

I never liked Black or White though, that damn guitar, the video, the "you're black, you're white...yeah yeah yeah" part at the end. I hated that shit.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
this is one of those discussion you couldnt have in real life. niggas will body slam each other:lol:

A:beat it was the worse

B:nigga what u say, i wil thunder slap you if u say that shit again

PhillyTheKid

Rising Star
Registered
All of the MJ songs listed in the poll are #1 hit classics. So none can be considered "weak". But this thread on the other hand is a FAIL on a classic level.

Reactions: Jae

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
for the people who hate Ben...ya'll are gonna have to let some shit slide..:lol:

he was like 14, it wasn't a song he wrote and it was for the soundtrack of a movie.. shit it was offered to donny osmond but he was too busy to do it..its a hit for jackson but I don't consider it "his" song like the others.

King Leroy

Support BGOL
Registered
Black or white was my least favorite of the list. I remember when the video debuted after inliving color. I never liked this joint and I won't even play it on the Wii. I thought it was full of commercials even including Kevin from home alone.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Ben was the absolute worst! How can anyone of you ignore a song about a rat. How do you relate? :hmm: