HAWK TALK (Official Atlanta Hawks Thread)

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I’m going to wait until the middle of the season to get hopeful about Atlanta. I am still on Miami Heat fan even though I cursed them out from time to time.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone see the 2 preseason games in Abu Dhabi?

Hunter looks solid. He led the 2nd unit.

Dejounte is as advertised. Looking for a lot of highlight plays and good decisionmaking once he syncs with his teammates.

John Collins just needs to accept his role. He's not an All Star on this team but a solid contributor.

I want to see them vibe on D and see if we can catch fire at the right time again.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hawks looking shaky as usual in the 4th.

They should be destroying the Rockets.

We are loaded though offensively and Bogy ain't even playing tonight!

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well. Team is imploding.

Coach Nate fired.

John Collins taking leadership role but not having a great on court year.

Trae goes radio silent.

Not the way to make a late season run.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Well. Team is imploding.

Coach Nate fired.

John Collins taking leadership role but not having a great on court year.

Trae goes radio silent.

Not the way to make a late season run.

Nothing that Trae could say right now would keep the media and many fans from blaming him for Nate McMillan being fired. He needs to buy in with the next coach and be more willing to play off ball on occasion.
John Collins can only be so much of a leader when everyone knows that the team has looked into trading him for the last 2 or 3 seasons

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nothing that Trae could say right now would keep the media and many fans from blaming him for Nate McMillan being fired. He needs to buy in with the next coach and be more willing to play off ball on occasion.
John Collins can only be so much of a leader when everyone knows that the team has looked into trading him for the last 2 or 3 seasons

A leader would accept blame for his part in the outcome. Can't be a leader only when times are good.

Trae wants to be a Laker and he might find his way there one day. He recently bought a home in California and surely wants to play on the biggest stage and enhance his off court brand like Lebron. For now they are stuck with each other.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sorry Trae's ego caused this. He has killed 2 coaches. Nate is a made man in the league, if you bump heads with him you're the problem.

Trae was off running from the cameras while John was answering the hard questions. I guarantee that's why Trae ain't liked as much as he could be.

He's there to stunt on the other team and take cred for the winning. Nowhere to be found in the hard times.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'm sorry Trae's ego caused this. He has killed 2 coaches. Nate is a made man in the league, if you bump heads with him you're the problem.

Trae was off running from the cameras while John was answering the hard questions. I guarantee that's why Trae ain't liked as much as he could be.

He's there to stunt on the other team and take cred for the winning. Nowhere to be found in the hard times.
I feel the same way. Fuck Trae on some real shit. Nate know what the fuck he's doing. You need a coach who's gonna come in there and kick that midget in the chest. :angry: :angry: :angry:

spyfuD.jpg

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice win last night by the way. Interested to see how they perform for the incoming white man.

Word is the owner's young son is controlling the team, playing NBA 2k in real life with these trades. That's why they replaced Schlenk with Landry Fields and Kyle Korver. Got the old establishment out the way for yes men.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

Nate is not totally blameless.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nate is not totally blameless.

Of course, where there is conflict there's always culpability. If Nate can't connect to the new generation that's a failure to communicate on both sides. Nate's reputation stays intact in my opinion. Trae's continues to devolve. He's looking like a wispy haired spoiled conniving little shit right now.

Too much?

He's the reason why people tune in and he knows it. Nobody's checking for Capela, Hunter, Collins. Most of the starting 5 would be bench players elsewhere.

I love his game but he wants the bright lights at any cost. It would be nice if he brought them to ATL but I see him getting himself outta here to chase fame in NY/LA.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Of course, where there is conflict there's always culpability. If Nate can't connect to the new generation that's a failure to communicate on both sides. Nate's reputation stays intact in my opinion. Trae's continues to devolve. He's looking like a wispy haired spoiled conniving little shit right now.

Too much?

He's the reason why people tune in and he knows it. Nobody's checking for Capela, Hunter, Collins. Most of the starting 5 would be bench players elsewhere.

I love his game but he wants the bright lights at any cost. It would be nice if he brought them to ATL but I see him getting himself outta here to chase fame in NY/LA.
Schlenk did a good job assembling talent and the rest of the starting 5 would start elsewhere provided in the case of Hunter that he could stay healthy. I still don't get why Charlotte hasn't tried to acquire Collins as he'd be a great pick and roll/pop partner for Lamelo.
Young's failure to get along with both coaches and give up the ball often enough is on him. With that said this a)isn't the first time that McMillan has been fired and b)the team's playoff run happened before McMillan installed his system.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trae Young led the league in total assists 2 years in a row AND in total points 2 years ago and yet isn't on Team USA.

Young, 24, led the NBA in total assists for the second consecutive season and led the league in total points scored the year before in a feat not seen since the 60s. He averaged 26.2 points, 10.2 assists, and 3.0 rebounds while tying his career-high mark with 1.1 steals per game this past season.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We back baby!

Trade the top pick. Move down and start to replenish picks from all that we gave up for DJ!

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I'm hearing the early top choice is Alex Sarr a Center out of France. It's going to be interesting. :yes:

Last edited:

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
Whoever is in charge there is a world class stupid motherfucker. First you trade Huerter for a bag of old sex because you thought Hunter was a better re-sign with his box haircut, weak fucking slow hops and meh jumpshot. His defense is wide asswipe status as much as he was advertise as a lockdown defender, nope you corny motherfucker.

Traded Collins after he had 5 Tomahawk dunks on Embiid in the playoffs. I mean concuasion causing dunks. Traded him for some chinese condoms too.

Another bad trade for Murray. Don't know why you thought that weak frail backcourt would work? Lucky you caught some fuck niggas like the Pelicans to unload his chunky diarreah ass game.

Then I just saw you traded AJ Griffin for two recycled paper straws.

Fuck everybody involved with the organization. The only reason to have games there is so the bad guys can have a convenient place to rob all the "celebs" fronting.