HBO Max Trailer: Marlon Wayans - God Loves Me (about Will, Jada & Chris Rock & the Slap) Update: Beef with Vlad! CLUB SHAY SHAY!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
b988bb99-ecf9-4d06-b15f-890f4609bb3b.jpg

Bro... the biggest and I mean seriously biggest what if in modern comedy in my very humble opinion is if Patrice had LIVED what does not only stand up comedy but comedy as a whole and by extension the #metoo movement and politics change?

There is no NEW Patrice.

Maybe the current Chappelle never happens?

Bill Burr? Imagine him WITH Patrice on tour?

Would Cory Holcomb even exist?

Does Patrice get a Netflix special?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So now Marlon is gonna go on all these other platforms and just DRAG Virtually Lifting Anything Dark and they will WELCOME it. Virtually Lifting Anything Dark will bring on more comedians who will stay neutral, but look like a sucka for even going on Virtually Lifting Anything Dark's platform and entertaining this ?uestion.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So now Marlon is gonna go on all these other platforms and just DRAG Virtually Lifting Anything Dark and they will WELCOME it. Virtually Lifting Anything Dark will bring on more comedians who will stay neutral, but look like a sucka for even going on Virtually Lifting Anything Dark's platform and entertaining this ?uestion.

Hope so

Bookmarked

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One thing to remember about Virtually Lifting Anything Dark comparing he and Marlon's Breakfast Club interviews. The subject matter really contributes to those views. Virtually Lifting Anything Dark was talking about the murder of Tupac and the interview he did with his killer and Marlon's was about his upcoming special and child. Of course people are going to watch that video...but how many of those watching were cops/detectives???

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bro... the biggest and I mean seriously biggest what if in modern comedy in my very humble opinion is if Patrice had LIVED what does not only stand up comedy but comedy as a whole and by extension the #metoo movement and politics change?

There is no NEW Patrice.

Maybe the current Chappelle never happens?

Bill Burr? Imagine him WITH Patrice on tour?

Would Cory Holcomb even exist?

Does Patrice get a Netflix special?
You don't seem to be a Corey fan...that's cool...but Corey's standup is funny as fuck to those who like him and he was funny as fuck when Patrice was alive...I won't deny that dude has some weird ass ways but comedy wise, Corey and Patrice would coexist as they did back then

A Bill Burr and Patrice tour sounds like greatness though and Patrice would have been on fire with metoo

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Vlad got some bitchmade ways...I think Marlon asking for $40k is ridiculous but to put private negotiations out there for clicks is some lowdown shit...similar to how he immediately wanted to get the lady fired, Vlad's problem is a character issue

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You don't seem to be a Corey fan...that's cool...but Corey's standup is funny as fuck to those who like him and he was funny as fuck when Patrice was alive...I won't deny that dude has some weird ass ways but comedy wise, Corey and Patrice would coexist as they did back then

A Bill Burr and Patrice tour sounds like greatness though and Patrice would have been on fire with metoo

I'm not fan. I can't seperate the weird ass ways from his comedy. But I used to think he was hilarious.

I put Patrice on another level.

But to be fair it's actually two different styles. I just thought Patrice could have evolved to that level but his weird ass ways blocked his elevation. Cause no reason Cory ain't on Bill Burr level of fame.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Vlad got some bitchmade ways...I think Marlon asking for $40k is ridiculous but to put private negotiations out there for clicks is some lowdown shit...similar to how he immediately wanted to get the lady fired, Vlad's problem is a character issue

I disagree with the ridiculous part.

I would first need to hear everyone else's rate in comparison. Specifically how much Vlad pays.

Vlad is a hack because he made sure to loudly state Boosie was lying when he told everyone how much he gets paid.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
One thing to remember about Virtually Lifting Anything Dark comparing he and Marlon's Breakfast Club interviews. The subject matter really contributes to those views. Virtually Lifting Anything Dark was talking about the murder of Tupac and the interview he did with his killer and Marlon's was about his upcoming special and child. Of course people are going to watch that video...but how many of those watching were cops/detectives???

I respect the level of artistry you attained to essentially tell Vlad to f**k off.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I disagree with the ridiculous part.

I would first need to hear everyone else's rate in comparison. Specifically how much Vlad pays.

Vlad is a hack because he made sure to loudly state Boosie was lying when he told everyone how much he gets paid.
True...I am making an assumption on how much Vlad pays and we all know how that can go

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
The only one of them that was really funny was Damon. The other ones were just silly.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Marlon gave Vlad a fuck you price letting Vlad know that he didn't fuck with him. Vlad got his feelings hurt because he thought that everyone liked him and was shocked that Marlon didn't.

Vlad being Vlad he got moist and aired out his issues with Marlon and the offer. Which was wrong and he definitely shouldn't have done that. That's just bad business and shows the type of person he is. But he got in his feelings and had to let it out.

But Vlad wasn't wrong. Marlon wasn't getting views like that and it would've been a bad investment to give him 40k plus 30% residuals.

Regarding the viewing numbers on Shannon's show. That's generally the viewership numbers on his show of guest that people like and are familiar with.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Marlon gave Vlad a fuck you price letting Vlad know that he didn't fuck with him. Vlad got his feelings hurt because he thought that everyone liked him and was shocked that Marlon didn't.

Vlad being Vlad he got moist and aired out his issues with Marlon and the offer. Which was wrong and he definitely shouldn't have done that. That's just bad business and shows the type of person he is. But he got in his feelings and had to let it out.

But Vlad wasn't wrong. Marlon wasn't getting views like that and it would've been a bad investment to give him 40k plus 30% residuals.

Regarding the viewing numbers on Shannon's show. That's generally the viewership numbers on his show of guest that people like and are familiar with.

I don't think anyone argues ANY of that.

I understand the interviews numbers. Marlon asking price. And the subsequent Shay Shay number benefitting from the controversy. So what? It isn't unique at all. All that is standard practice.

Let's concentrate on the most important part.

Vlad was WRONG

Not just wrong but unprofessional

He would not have done that to a white guest.

And he QUADRUPLED DOWN by using other black guests to justify his fuckery

And he publicly tried to use gay slurs and gay jokes to go after Marlon support of his kid.

He's a white privileged piece of sh*t for that and we have ourselves to blame for empowering him.

Everything you said is true.

But the only part we need to focus on is Vlad blatant continued disrespect of our "culture".

If Vlad doesn't release the email discussion... what happens?

Vlad didn't do this HELP Marlon.

He did it to HURT that Black man, father, entertainment legend.

That's it that's all.

Everything else is showing at least lowest rung of support we could show to legends like Marlon and black led platforms.

I'm going it click that interview everyday for a month just off gp.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think anyone argues ANY of that.

I understand the interviews numbers. Marlon asking price. And the subsequent Shay Shay number benefitting from the controversy. So what? It isn't unique at all. All that is standard practice.

Let's concentrate on the most important part.

Vlad was WRONG

Not just wrong but unprofessional

He would not have done that to a white guest.

And he QUADRUPLED DOWN by using other black guests to justify his fuckery

And he publicly tried to use gay slurs and gay jokes to go after Marlon support of his kid.

He's a white privileged piece of sh*t for that and we have ourselves to blame for empowering him.

Everything you said is true.

But the only part we need to focus on is Vlad blatant continued disrespect of our "culture".

If Vlad doesn't release the email discussion... what happens?

Vlad didn't do this HELP Marlon.

He did it to HURT that Black man, father, entertainment legend.

That's it that's all.

Everything else is showing at least lowest rung of support we could show to legends like Marlon and black led platforms.

I'm going it click that interview everyday for a month just off gp.

I agree with everything you said, but I didn't say anything about the controversy boosting Shannon's and Marlon's interview numbers.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree with everything you said, but I didn't say anything about the controversy boosting Shannon's and Marlon's interview numbers.

Sorry bro I was on super rant

Damn espresso shot got me

My bad

Have a great day today bro. Let me get a warm crossaint to calm my old ass down. Vlad dumb ass messing with my morning stress levels.