Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

BURBANK, CA, August 4, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have provided the first look at the new “Man of Steel,” revealing star Henry Cavill as Superman in the film from director Zack Snyder.
The film also stars three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”).
Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).

cavill-superman1.jpg

nyyyyce

Rising Star
Registered
There are a BILLION superpowered villians for this dude to square off with and they bring back Zod? They are hitting you with all the "award winners" and "nominees." This usually is an indication that style is the key not the substance. Unless there is some epic use of the super powers/knock-down-bang-up action and city demolition, this will be utter garbage like almost every other Superman film.

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
I told people from day one

I know the story is birthright but David Goyer said many times JMS book was sooooo close to what they wanted to do it was scary.

custom_1288127447161_picture_182.png

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are a BILLION superpowered villians for this dude to square off with and they bring back Zod? They are hitting you with all the "award winners" and "nominees." This usually is an indication that style is the key not the substance. Unless there is some epic use of the super powers/knock-down-bang-up action and city demolition, this will be utter garbage like almost every other Superman film.

What part of in nolan we trust dont you understand?

JD Walker

Star
Registered
The Inception plot was a mashup of all those cornball 80s dreamscape movies from back in the day. towards the end I was like "for fuck sake, has he been dreaming all this time? man fuck this movie...". other than decent special effects, the inception wasn't worth the price of a matinee.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Shoud have kept Routh. I thought dude got a raw deal....but I'll keep an open mind.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Shoud have kept Routh. I thought dude got a raw deal....but I'll keep an open mind.

At least this dude actually got in the gym though he doesn't really look the part to me. Something about his face is too emo. However, Routh looked like a fucking tax accountant in a blue onesie fuck that dude.

Bones

Support BGOL
Registered
Not feeling the fish scales on the suit but apart from that everything looks good to me. I think Cavil will nail this role, i'm not trying to see a christopher reeve rehash.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
if they wanted to make money,they should have had him fight Darkseid,have Batman and Wonder Woman make cameos in the flick and set it up for Justice League

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Inception plot was a mashup of all those cornball 80s dreamscape movies from back in the day. towards the end I was like "for fuck sake, has he been dreaming all this time? man fuck this movie...". other than decent special effects, the inception wasn't worth the price of a matinee.
really?
What did you think of Insomnia and the Prestige?

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
didn't know Nolan was involved with this

the same team that wrote batman begins and TDK worked on this script. Nolan chose the director.

Many fans were nervous because a realistic look on Batman works great but a realistic look on superman??? Had some fans nervous but I trust dude.

I still felt he should have gave his brother the directing gig but I know why he chose Zack Snyder.

The one thing you know from the moment you heard Zack is directing is that this movie will have action and Superman will punch something.

Also the story follows a Jeph Loeb comic.

Anyone who knows Nolan all of his comic movies have been inspired by Jeph Loeb comic book stories.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
if they wanted to make money,they should have had him fight Darkseid,have Batman and Wonder Woman make cameos in the flick and set it up for Justice League

probably would also have ryan reynolds pop up after the credits as hal jordan :rolleyes:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dear Hollywood, Christopher Nolan, and whomever else was responsible for that fuckup Superman movie I have repeatedly tried to block from my brain :

As an avid movie goer, I'm not asking you to put forth the greatest piece of cinematic history. I'm not even asking you to want to break Harry Potter's record. All I want is a movie that is worth the $15 I have to pay for VIP seating so I can smile and enjoy your piece of advertisement flubber over my fries. I mean, let's be serious - there are popcorn machine bottoms that taste better than some of your recent movies.

Give me something we can both take home and get emotional with, not at. You'll come out of the Apocalypse a better person(s) and you won't be subjected to an afterlife of watching your awful, horrendous movies for purgatories on end, (I'm circulating petitions for Sucker Punch and The Invisible to brighten your fire and brimstones days, every morning).

Thank you for your time.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The film is filled with A-list actors. Should be a pretty good well rounded movie. Hopefully the fight between Superman & Zod will be something like the NEO vs Agent Smith fight in the 3rd Matrix.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Dear Hollywood, Christopher Nolan, and whomever else was responsible for that fuckup Superman movie I have repeatedly tried to block from my brain :

As an avid movie goer, I'm not asking you to put forth the greatest piece of cinematic history. I'm not even asking you to want to break Harry Potter's record. All I want is a movie that is worth the $15 I have to pay for VIP seating so I can smile and enjoy your piece of advertisement flubber over my fries. I mean, let's be serious - there are popcorn machine bottoms that taste better than some of your recent movies.

Give me something we can both take home and get emotional with, not at. You'll come out of the Apocalypse a better person(s) and you won't be subjected to an afterlife of watching your awful, horrendous movies for purgatories on end, (I'm circulating petitions for Sucker Punch and The Invisible to brighten your fire and brimstones days, every morning).

Thank you for your time.

Well stated Mel. Its funny when you think about how successful this series should've been but there's been nothing but disappointments.

I think I enjoyed Superman 3 better than any. With Richard Pryor (unknowing villain) and Robert Vaughn notice no Lex Luther. It was a fun movie.

IMO the biggest problems with the Superman series have been the plots not the actors. Any time your animation stories are more entertaining than your feature length movies its time for a reality check.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
cameos and set ups do not equal a good story - thats why Thor and Cap't A were steaming piles of crap. The only hope I have for the Avengers is Joss Whedon- and that doesn't go too far because I can't see Marvel Studios allowing a well written Loki or Thanos on screen, I think the studio will keep shooting its self in the foot their too damn greedy for marketing and product placement.

As for DC - they don't have the guts to properly do Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Flash, Lex Luthor, Braniac, DarkSeid, Grodd, Amazo charachters or tell their stories, even with Nolan the stories have to fit the blockbuster formula. The Dark Knight was great cause in addition to execution it followed the horror formula, it was Joker's movie, much like Friday 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street, were Jason's or Freddy's movies. Imagine if Bryan Singer had made Superman Lex Luthor's movie... and I don't mean the 1 dimensional caricature that has been in all of the movies, I mean Lex as is written in the books.

Last edited: