Humbling day for a solar scientist.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I have a strong feeling that earths magnetic field is weakening, but I’m not going to go too deep in that because that thought even spooks me.

chefken012

Still Cooking Dem Thangs in Da Kitchen est... 68
BGOL Investor
All I know, down here ,in Nashville Ten-a-Key ... felt like I never felt it before. I mean it was extra yesterday. I do landscaping and I am used to the heat. I feel for those that aren't seriously protecting the skin. Wear those long sleeve SPF shirts and hats. You will thank me...

easy_b

BGOL Investor
A G4 Geomagnetic storm?!?

A FUCKING G4 GEOMAGNETIC FUCKING STORM?!?

You gotta be kidding :eek2:
Yep, and all of the people who forecast these things got it wrong or (and this is the thing that scares the hell out of me) earth magnetic field is weakening rapidly.

Last edited:

easy_b

BGOL Investor
All I know, down here ,in Nashville Ten-a-Key ... felt like I never felt it before. I mean it was extra yesterday. I do landscaping and I am used to the heat. I feel for those that aren't seriously protecting the skin. Wear those long sleeve SPF shirts and hats. You will thank me...
As I told a few people recently this heat, the last few years feels very different than the heat from when I was a child and remember I grew up in South Florida, so I know heat. My mom even said the same thing and she is 70 years old.