Indiana Woman Ordered an Uber to Get Home from Work. Police Suspect Her Driver Raped and Murdered Her

the artist

Same shit, different day
BGOL Investor

An Indiana Uber driver is accused of raping and murdering a mother of two who had requested a ride home from work.

Francisco Valadez was arrested on suspicion of murder after the dead body of Chanti Dixon, 30, was found on Monday, Sept. 9, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said in a press release.

Police said Dixon was killed early on the morning of Sept. 8 and her body was found in a wooded area the next day.

Valadez was identified as a suspect after following “assistance from the community,” according to the release. Police alleged that he was a rideshare driver and had picked up Dixon before her death.

According to a probable cause affidavit reported by ABC News, WISH and WTHR, after Valadez gave conflicting accounts, he allegedly admitted to fatally shooting Dixon while trying to have sex with her in the back of his car.

It is not clear if Valadez has been formally charged or if he has retained an attorney.

ABC reported, citing the affidavit, that Valadez initially claimed that he had dropped Dixon off and that a man tried to rob her and shot her in the leg, but allegedly confessed after being brought in for an interview.

"Women, girls, mothers have a right to exist freely in our community without fear of something heinous happening to them,” Indianapolis Assistant Police Chief Catherine Cummings said, according to ABC. “They have a right to walk, bike, order, rideshare without fearing something bad will happen to them. This is a family's worst nightmare, and we extend our heartfelt condolences to her family during this trying time.”

According to a GoFundMe started by the victim’s sister, Dixon was the mother of two children, aged 13 and 10.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Uber has been facing a growing number of allegations and civil lawsuits from rideshare passengers alleging that Uber drivers sexually assaulted them. The lawsuits against Uber allege that the company should be held liable for these sexual assaults because it negligently failed to screen its drivers properly.

Recently, a growing number of sexual assault lawsuits with similar allegations have been filed against Uber across the country. These cases were recently consolidated into an Uber

This was bound to happen to many perverts in the world, you know they signed with the purpose to sexually assault people...smh

Journey

Rising Star
Registered
I have never used uber or any rideshare program believe it or not. Aren't there cameras inside the cars for surveillance monitoring purposes to protect both the driver and passenger in case there is an alleged interaction dispute that might need to be settled in court. Most of these sexual assaults take place inside the cars from what I have read.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
I have never used uber or any rideshare program believe it or not. Aren't there cameras inside the cars for surveillance monitoring purposes to protect both the driver and passenger in case there is an alleged interaction dispute that might need to be settled in court. Most of these sexual assaults take place inside the cars from what I have read.
I believe the driver buys and controls the camera not Uber mandated or monitored.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You have never been in a Lyft?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Having cameras in the car is not mandatory. That is something some drivers have for safety purposes and they purchase it on their own

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
This is the type of shit that happens when people want to be their own boss: “It’s my car, and I can pick up whoever I want.” IMO, regulations will need to be established to classify them as employees rather than independent contractors. If they are classified as independent contractors, they should be brought under a uniform system.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Listen...

If you're on Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles or Miami, tell your female family and friends to start using ALTO.

Research them and you'll see why.