Interest in a BGOL "The Wire" Watch Group

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
I've seen the first two seasons of The Wire twice but never made it past the 3rd-- I'm planning on watching it all and thought it would be cool to be able to discuss it as a group if others want to join in.

Starting two weeks from today and going at a pace of one episode per week, it would unfold like this:
  • Season one- Week of 10/9-1/14
  • Season two- Week of 1/15-4/15
  • Season three- Week of 4/16-7/15
  • Season four-Week of 7/16-10/21
  • Season five- Week of 10/22-12/30

With 60 episodes for the series, an episode a week would take us right to the end of next year.

Those who have watched it all before are welcome to join in, just don't spoil it for those who are new or haven't made it all the way through. I think it would be cool to have a mix of Wire vets and people experiencing it for the first time, as well as people like myself who have seen some seasons but not the entire series.

Id like to get at least five people in on the discussion. You can easily access the entire series through HBO GO, Amazon Prime or old school downloading.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
LOL, damn.

Point taken but I know there are others on here who have not seen the entire series plus more who would like to re-watch!

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
There is already a wire thread discussing episodes, you can read it and get your questions answered.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
I'm proposing a Different Strokes watch week.....

912a49b727.jpg

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Muthafucka just watch the shit already!

This nigga made the same thread over a year ago trying to get niggas to watch this shit with him on some book club shit and it was just as virginal then.

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?threads/the-wire-watch-group-no-spoilers.856532/

You are the only nigga who hasn't seen The Wire.

They have aired the shit, re-ran it, put it on DVD, BET had a marathon, HBO upscaled it, ran another marathon, re-released it on Blu-Ray, put the shit on Amazon Prime and HBO Go, and the whole time, the whole 14 years, it's been on the internet for free and somehow...you still haven't seen the whole fucking thing.

The only people who haven't seen the whole series by now are people who don't want to see it and YOU.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This nigga made the same thread over a year ago trying to get niggas to watch this shit with him on some book club shit and it was just as virginal then.

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?threads/the-wire-watch-group-no-spoilers.856532/

They have aired the shit, re-ran it, put it on DVD, BET had a marathon, HBO upscaled it, ran another marathon, re-released it on Blu-Ray, put the shit on Amazon Prime and HBO Go, and the whole time, the whole 14 years, it's been on the internet for free and somehow...you still haven't seen the whole fucking thing.

The only people who haven't seen the whole series by now are people who don't want to see it and YOU.

:lol::roflmao::roflmao2:

Real2DaC0re

Rising Star
Registered

If this thread doesn't work he going to start inviting dude to his house talking about he got some bitches over and turn the Wire on.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Uh...I will say that I too have only seen season one and two.

While I am not going to knock the idea, perhaps we could try this again with a lesser known show we can binge...the idea of discussion is great in this place but normally it's as something unfolds, (unless it's a Netflix show). Might work...

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
I'm stuck on Season 4 my damn self...I'm just not one of those "binge watching" people who can sit all day/weekend and watch TV. Plus, when it came on live, I was in graduate school and didn't have the time (or money) for HBO watching. (Sigh)

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
I'm stuck on Season 4 my damn self...I'm just not one of those "binge watching" people who can sit all day/weekend and watch TV. Plus, when it came on live, I was in graduate school and didn't have the time (or money) for HBO watching. (Sigh)

Yeah, people around me aren't going to watch it and I enjoy the conversation around shows as a communal experience much more than just absorbing it as a solitary experience.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Uh...I will say that I too have only seen season one and two.

While I am not going to knock the idea, perhaps we could try this again with a lesser known show we can binge...the idea of discussion is great in this place but normally it's as something unfolds, (unless it's a Netflix show). Might work...

I'm probably not the person to propose it... Plus not too many recent series I'm interested in. Mad Men? Breaking Bad? I'd be down for either but not too obscure. Feel free to give it a shot if there's anything you're interested in, maybe you'll find people who would enjoy it before a bunch of people with nothing better to do shit on the idea.