JaMarcus Russell removed as high school coach, allegedly stole $74K school donation

Journey

Rising Star
Registered
I always wondered if he had put in the effort and made the time to work on his craft what his career would have been like in the NFL.

From what I remember the knock against him wasn't his lack of talent per say, but his lack of work ethic. That was the main reason why he burned and flamed out of the league so quickly.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
135edbee-9af8-427c-b9ae-ff5e797f72a3_text.gif

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
I always wondered if he had put in the effort and made the time to work on his craft what his career would have been like in the NFL.

From what I remember the knock against him wasn't his lack of talent per say, but his lack of work ethic. That was the main reason why he burned and flamed out of the league so quickly.
:smh::smh:

“Coach [John] Defilippo said, ‘Look, JaMarcus, we got 15-20 plays that we want this week. Here’s a DVD for you. Tonight, we want you to watch these because tomorrow this is what we are going with the game plan.’

The next day, they come to practice, and they say, ‘JaMarcus, how is the DVD? Did you look at it?’ He was like, “Oh, coach, all the plays. They look good. Whatever you want to run, let’s do it. I like them. They said, ‘Did you like five of them or seven of them? 10 of them? [He then said] ‘Coach whichever. I saw them, and we got ready to go. I went through them all.’

Coach Defilippo was looking around and was like, ‘It was a blank DVD.’ So he didn’t watch the DVD. That’s when they knew they were in trouble.”