Jeff Bezos' superyacht is so big it needs its own yacht UPDATE:They gotta take apart a bridge to get it out...now under sea trials

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
New York (CNN Business)Today in ultra-billionaire news, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has purchased a modest 100-foot schooner as he looks forward to a quieter life and hours of reflection on the open seas ... LOL, just kidding.
The world's richest man is reportedly buying a boat, though that word feels inappropriately sensible for the monstrosity going to Captain Bezos: a 417-foot superyacht that's so massive it has its own "support yacht" with a helipad, according to Bloomberg. The estimated cost, not including the boat's support boat, is $500 million.
The luxury yacht's Dutch manufacturer, Oceanco, hasn't released many details about the vessel, called Project 721. The company didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
Half a billion bucks is an inconceivable amount of money for most people, but it's a small fraction of the $75 billion that Bezos gained in 2020 alone. His total net worth stands just shy of $200 billion, according to Bloomberg.

Amazon (AMZN) stock, the primary source of Bezos' fortune, rose a staggering 75% last year as the pandemic upended consumer behavior in the company's favor — and Wall Street, flush with easy cash thanks to the Federal Reserve, piled into tech stocks.
Bezos wasn't alone: US billionaires collectively gained $1.1 trillion in 2020, making them nearly 40% richer than before the pandemic hit.

Bezos likely put his boat order in well before the pandemic, but news of his extravagant new toy is putting a spotlight on yet another industry benefiting from the stock market boom and the pandemic's disruption of social interaction.
US boat sales hit a 13-year high last year, according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association — safe, socially distant fun for those who can afford it. Those sales reflect more-familiar models of powerboats and other watercraft favored by mere mortals without 10-figure fortunes to their names, but the trend tracks among the yachting class as well. With no galas or lavish parties to attend, the rich are setting sail (or their crews are, anyway).
Recent quarters for superyachts have been record-breaking, one analyst told Bloomberg. Makers of extravagant yachts can barely keep up. "It's impossible to get a slot in a new-build yard," the analyst said. "They're totally booked."

Jeff Bezos' superyacht is so big it needs its own yacht - CNN

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Peasants worrying about what a king does with his $$$$

But having a yacht, with a "support" yacht.....

ballin.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

49543419-10123135-image-a-15_1634993774009.jpg

49543883-10123135-image-a-19_1634994700475.jpg

49543873-10123135-image-a-22_1634995191739.jpg

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

49543419-10123135-image-a-15_1634993774009.jpg

49543883-10123135-image-a-19_1634994700475.jpg

49543873-10123135-image-a-22_1634995191739.jpg

Good looks.... was just gonna post this...... :thumbsup:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
My boy spent 900 bucks to fill up his boat, and he don't got that far with it, I can only imagine how much that shit cost to fill up.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My boy spent 900 bucks to fill up his boat, and he don't got that far with it, I can only imagine how much that shit cost to fill up.
It will be a three mast sail boat, so fuel won't be a big issue, but still crazy, stupid, hugely, expensive as hell to operate.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The dude is building his own Space Station.......
So is this really that ridiculous?

These billionaires are looking more and more everyday like James Bond villains.

When I was a kid, I knew those characters were fiction, and never imagined there could be people like that, in real life.

Now?

There are no checks on people with that kinda power and thats scary.

If you can finance and build a space station, you can't tell me that he couldn't build a nuke, a delivery system, or a deadly virus.

Just cuz you got billions doesn't mean you have benevolent intentions.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
And, it’s all tax deductible just like all the cars that are owned by his company. He’s just parking some of his cash there for awhile

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Historic Dutch Bridge Being Temporarily Dismantled to Accommodate Jeff Bezos' Yacht

Once completed, the 417-foot-long ship will reportedly be the largest sailing yacht in the world

Koningshaven bridge, Jeff Bezos

In order to make room for Jeff Bezos' new yacht, some temporary changes will need to be made to a historic bridge in the Netherlands.
The city of Rotterdam — a major port city — has agreed to temporarily dismantle part of the Koningshaven Bridge in order to accommodate the yacht, a city spokeswoman told the Washington Post. (Bezos purchased the Post in 2013, but newspaper staff has said they have editorial independence.)

Once completed, the 417-foot-long yacht — which is currently being built in the nearby city of Alblasserdam — will be the largest sailing yacht in the world, per Boat International. The ship is expected to be finished sometime this summer.
Bloomberg previously reported that the ship will likely cost more than $500 million.
As is, the yacht is too tall to pass through the bridge, which has a clearance of just over 13 feet, per the Post.
The 58-year-old billionaire and the company building the yacht will reportedly cover the cost, according to the Dutch broadcaster Rijnmond.
A rep for Bezos did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.
A Rotterdam spokesperson, who confirmed to the Post that the city will not be paying for the middle section of the bridge to be dismantled and then reassembled, was not able to provide an estimate of how much the project will cost.
"A lot of details need to be worked out," Frances van Heijst told the newspaper.
Originally built in 1927, the bridge was declared a national monument after being decommissioned in 1994, per the Post.

Following a major restoration, city officials said in 2017 the bridge would be kept intact moving forward, Rijnmond reported.
While the decision has caused some controversy, city officials said that they decided to agree to it for economic reasons.
"From an economic perspective, we attach great importance to preserving employment," van Heijst told the Post.

Historic Bridge Being Temporarily Dismantled for Jeff Bezos' Yacht | PEOPLE.com

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He knows something.....he's going to be on that yacht for years while covid continues to do damage.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope he's charged, found guilty, and sentenced to death. Amazon just had it's most profitable year ever, and he's raising the price of their hallmark product, "Prime". Tell me that kind of greed isn't against the law. :hmm:

Last edited: