Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
When it comes to owning one's self and entertainment value, Trump is the mf GOAT. He continually digs deeper and deeper. Hopefully someone will bring this to his attention that he is a felon during a debate or interview just to see his reaction.

what they should really do is ask him who is he voting for this election cycle....

( ps felons cant vote )

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
what they should really do is ask him who is he voting for this election cycle....

( ps felons cant vote )
Here's a look at which states do what, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

States With No Ban​

These two states allow those convicted of felonies to vote even while they serve their terms. The voters in these states never lose their rights.3

• Maine
  • Vermont

States With Ban While Incarcerated​

These states and the District of Columbia strip voting rights from people convicted of felonies while they're serving their terms but restore them automatically once they are out of prison.3

• Colorado
  • District of Columbia
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Jersey
  • New Hampshire
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Utah

Rights Restored After Completion of Sentence​

These states restore voting rights to those convicted of felony crimes only after they have completed their entire sentences including a prison term, parole, and probation, among other requirements.3

• Alaska
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Kansas
  • Louisiana
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin

States Requiring Further Action or Waiting Period​

In these states, voting rights are not automatically restored and, in some cases, the governor must do it on a case-by-case basis.3 In Florida, the federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals was weighing whether a provision requiring felons to pay certain debts before they could vote constituted a modern “poll tax.”4 The court heard the case in mid-August 2020 and was still considering it in early September.

• Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Iowa
  • Kentucky
  • Mississippi
  • Nebraska
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Wyoming
I have a cousin who voted for Obama both terms after he finished a 3yr bid. I have another who finished a 10yr bid 2 years ago who got his voting right restored. I have a neighbor who just got off parole around January this year and got his back. This is in Arkansas, where you have to have paid any remaining fines, finished your parole/probation.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
I've been listening to takes on Tim Walz as well as looking into the guy. A few of my coworkers are based in Minneapolis and they all speak highly of the him. I think Kamala made the right choice.
Years ago I remote worked with a team of about 10 guys from Mankato. To be honest we never talked politics but I got the vibe they didn't like black people, and I was the only one on the team. To me they just all seemed like intelligent rednecks.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Years ago I remote worked with a team of about 10 guys from Mankato. To be honest we never talked politics but I got the vibe they didn't like black people, and I was the only one on the team. To me they just all seemed like intelligent rednecks.
I never talk politics, but it was my coworker who brought it up....they are all Fargo sounding CACs that I work with but cool on social issues and they all like Walz

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On the
@tim_walz
choice, I think people who don’t like it are missing the lesson of the switch to Harris.

She went from worst to first as people got to know her.

It’s not a reach to think the same thing will happen with Walz.

People are tired of the ideologues and hate from both parties.

They want to vote for normal people they can relate to. Walz can sit at the kitchen table and make you feel like you have know him forever.

That’s an incredible skill these days

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Kamala Harris has put most of the media into a pickle right now. Basically everybody likes Kamala VP pick. Right now on the surface there is nothing bad about that guy so the media is going to have to really really do a dog and pony show to make this a dog race.
This shit is going to be brutal. Wait for the VP debates, I can see CNN (Fox Lite) trying to make it closer than it actually would be.