Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think there is a lot of confusion on the role of the VP in 2024.

Pre-election, the job is to campaign. Period, end of story.

The right move in a 100 day or less sprint to Election Day is to add the best campaigner.

The person who can connect to voters, particularly undecided voters, and get them excited to vote for your candidate in a way that matches the vibe and tone of the candidate.

What the VP thinks about policy will make for polite conversation on the campaign plane, but is totally meaningless.

The contrast between Walz and Vance cant be any more stark.

Walz talks about joy, hope and the future while being a strong counterpuncher.

Vance , doesn’t talk about the future at all. Doesn’t convey positive vibes at all. He is almost exclusively negative (other when talking about his candidate )

That contrast could end up being the difference.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Repubs are going to try their damnedest to find something on the guy and are going to be scrambling when nothing comes up. LMAO.
I’m pretty sure Kamala team did a thorough search of his records. Dude was in the National Guard for 20 years was a teacher was a congressman was a two-term governor. I mean, that’s a very decent record. As I stated earlier, a lot of middle of the road people relate to this guy.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
They wanna push this Walz dude onto white voters they gotta keep pushing his football coach and military service. He can push family and community values better then his opponents can.
Yep, that’s why I keep telling people this guy’s gonna pick up a lot of middle of the road white people. The shit he did for the school system in Minnesota alone is legendary, even for a white man. Oh, he gave prince his own highway.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I keep thinking about this pick and damn, I wish I knew of him prior, but I think that's why her pick of Walz is working so well. Him being an unknown without any baggage, yet being a former football coach, military man, "cool dad," and likeable is probably why he was picked. He won't overshadow Harris nor does he have the baggage of Shapiro.

I know it's only been two weeks, but Harris' team is running a masterful campaign thus far.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
Most y'all think this is "black jobs" though... some delusional black folks out there, y'all just like it like this though. I'm not gonna vote this year, not going for Harris I'll sit this one out and no big deal I'm only 1 man.

"