JOKER (2019) Discussion Thread Starring Joaquin Phoenix (Update 9/12/19) Leaked Footage.. GOOD GAWD

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Why wasn't dude cast as Joker in the first gawd damn place. He is probably the only other dude that could give us another Iconic Joker.

Joaquin Phoenix’s ‘Joker’ Movie Gets the Greenlight, Will Shoot in the Fall
joaquin-phoenix-joker.jpg

Warner Bros. has given the go ahead on Todd Phillips’ “Joker” origin film with Joaquin Phoenix closing his deal to star.
Variety first reported that Phoenix was in talks to play the Clown Prince of Crime. As soon as his deal was finalized, the studio gave the greenlight to a September start date with a budget in the moderate $55 million dollar range.
Phillips (“The Hangover” franchise) is on board to co-write and direct the movie.
The standalone “Joker” feature will fall under a yet-to-be-announced banner of DC Comics, which gives the studio the opportunity to expand the canon of the iconic comic-book characters with unique story angles that aren’t included in its current cinematic universe.

Jared Leto most recently played the Joker in “Suicide Squad.” According to insiders, the Oscar-winner will not only will be back for the “Suicide Squad” sequel, Warner Bros. is also developing his own standalone movie that will be separate from Phoenix’s Joker project.
Scott Silver will join Phillips as a co-writer on the film, which will delve into what it took for the Joker to become a mastermind criminal. Sources say the story will take place in the ’80s and have more of the look of a gritty crime drama than comic-book movie.
The Hollywood Reporter first reported the greenlight.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/joaquin-phoenix-todd-phillips-joker-1202869963/

Why are they developing TWO DIFFERENT Joker movies!!!!!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Warners basically looked at Sony and said, "oh we can fuck up way harder than that. Yo hold my beer, I'll be right back."
This shit does seem like a Sony move.....but at least Sony is having problems because they having problems coexisting with Marvel. DC seems like they having problems within themselves. Shit is crazy.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not even mad they got 2 Jokers. But they are shitting on themselves having two different Joker movies with two different Jokers.

At this point.......there's no reason even to have the other one. Just rock with the Joaquin and pretend like the other Joker never existed.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Hoping DC corrects course and retcons Leto Joker as Jason Todd gone mad....and Phoenix Joker as the true Joker.
They not that smart. But they would then have to figure out why Harley is an accomplice in that murder according to her Suicide Squad intro. Well if they even cared to clear that up since Wonder Woman sat out WW2 and Zod's invasion with no explanation yet.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Hoping DC corrects course and retcons Leto Joker as Jason Todd gone mad....and Phoenix Joker as the true Joker.

You are giving them way to much credit.

The smart move would be to say that Phoenix Joker is the definitive Joker and that Leto Joker was a mistake.

It’s not like DC isn’t afraid to do this...

Does anyone even remember George Clooney being Batman...

Exactly!!

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
You are giving them way to much credit.

The smart move would be to say that Phoenix Joker is the definitive Joker and that Leto Joker was a mistake.

It’s not like DC isn’t afraid to do this...

Does anyone even remember George Clooney being Batman...

Exactly!!
Flashpoint would have fixed a lot but they can't even get that off the ground.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm not even mad they got 2 Jokers. But they are shitting on themselves having two different Joker movies with two different Jokers.

At this point.......there's no reason even to have the other one. Just rock with the Joaquin and pretend like the other Joker never existed.

Exactly...

I think we can all agree that Joaquin is going to fucking Kill this Joker movie. Dude is probably one of the greatest method actors of our generation. My man transformers into his characters.

Why would you even try to have another Joker out there?? Its going to make your other movie shitty.. and end up impacting the draw.

If Dc was smart (and we know they aren’t) I would set this up as Jared Joker being a knock off imitation of the Definitive Joker. Have a movie where Batman has to step into a turf war between two guys who claim to be Joker.

See that is fucking something that I would pay to see and it would be something different.

Then you could have Jared pull a off screen Super Villian death and have my man comeback as the Fucking Red Hood!!!!

:money::money:

Take my money on that idea.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Exactly...

I think we can all agree that Joaquin is going to fucking Kill this Joker movie. Dude is probably one of the greatest method actors of our generation. My man transformers into his characters.

Why would you even try to have another Joker out there?? Its going to make your other movie shitty.. and end up impacting the draw.

If Dc was smart (and we know they aren’t) I would set this up as Jared Joker being a knock off imitation of the Definitive Joker. Have a movie where Batman has to step into a turf war between two guys who claim to be Joker.

See that is fucking something that I would pay to see and it would be something different.

Then you could have Jared pull a off screen Super Villian death and have my man comeback as the Fucking Red Hood!!!!

That was in one of the Justice League books. Batman found out he couldn't catch the Joker because there were multiple dudes posing as the Joker.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly...

I'm mad I didn't think of Joaquin being the Joker before. I never liked Leto. I don't get it with him. He just comes across as someone playing dress up......someone in cosplay.......

DC doesn't take risks or chances. They just go about this shit following the superhero rule book.

And Marvel probably doesn't either......but Marvel is breaking records doing shit the way they are doing it.

DC shouldn't be trying to emulate Marvel. It should be trying to make its mark as a alternative to Marvel but instead, they feel they are a alternative to Marvel because they have dull colors and they film at night.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ya know...

...i would not be mad at that. That's a battle. I mean, a real, STAKES battle...I am not mad at this at all...

I know we got some filmmakers on the board.
DO IT

I laughed out loud.
My imagination tonight is on fire.

I'm waiting for DC to greenlight the Wonder Twins movie

I can see this shit laughing.
Infiltrating a corporate office. Sexy lady holding a cup of...water.
Spying on people with telescopes...while it rains on one window.
Fights where villains slip and fall on...puddles.

This is going to be a psychological depression episode, right?

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I like 2 jokers

Didn’t we have 2 of every X-men in days of future past and THOSE prequel films were not at first directly related

Then days of future past they lump them all together on some whatever shit

I’m just waiting on omega red, carnage , and a REAL dr doom

Phoenix woulda been a MARVELOUS Dr Doom​

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rumor has it they are rebranding the DCEU to "Worlds of DC"....

They can now intoduce their multiverse and say this new Joker exist on Earth 3 or whatever....

See Marvel already thought of this... the MCU (Earth-199999) is officially part of Marvel's multiverse... Even Fox's X-Men exist as Earth-10005...