Just another normal (mass shooting) type of day in Birmingham, AL

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

At least four people were killed and “dozens” more were injured in a mass shooting in one of the most popular entertainment areas in Birmingham, Alabama, Saturday evening, the Birmingham Police Department said.
Just after 11 p.m., “multiple shooters fired multiple shots on a group of people” in the Five Points South area, Birmingham Police Officer Truman Fitzgerald said.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found two men and a woman unresponsive with gunshot wounds, and all three were later pronounced dead on the scene, Fitzgerald said. A fourth victim died at an area hospital, he added.
No suspects were in custody as of early Sunday, Fitzgerald said.
The incident extends the list of at least 403 mass shootings in the United States so far this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. The archive, like CNN, defines a mass shooting as one in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter.
The victims in Alabama were all out in the open on the sidewalk or on the streets, Fitzgerald said. Detectives are working to determine whether the shooters walked up to the victims or drove by in a vehicle, he added.
Additional gunshot victims were identified in the area, and other victims arrived at local hospitals, Fitzgerald said. The University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital received 11 of the victims, including one of the people who died, Hannah Echols, a hospital spokesperson told CNN. The conditions of the victims have not been released.

“We have dozens of gunshot victims from this area,” Fitzgerald said. “I’m told at least four of those gunshot victims are life-threatening, the others have various injuries.”
It’s unclear exactly how many people opened fire or what motivated the violence. Fitzgerald said police are investigating whether there were “multiple shootings.”
Several law enforcement agencies are assisting in the investigation, according to Fitzgerald. Birmingham police have asked that businesses in the area provide any surveillance footage they might have, and requested that the public reach out to them with any relevant information.
“Rest assured, we are going to do everything we possibly can to make sure that we uncover, identify and hunt down who was ever responsible for preying on our people,” he said.
Five Points South is a busy area known for its restaurants, night clubs, pubs and live music venues near the University of Alabama at Birmingham campus and a short drive from the downtown Birmingham area.
Fitzgerald said the mass shootings “have more to do with culture than they do criminality,” adding that “we’re seeing far too many arguments being settled by bullets.”

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There were three reasons I had to get the hell out of that city. Violence, lack of jobs outside of healthcare, and lack of grown folks entertainment options. I honestly can't remember a time where bham wasn't wild as fuck. West end, Ensley, Bessemer...and pretty much anything running between the former and the latter along I-20. I lived in Bessemer for exactly two weeks because the apartment was so cheap. I broke the lease and moved to Vestavia Hills... fuck that shit. The gun shots were so regular that people didnt even flinch.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sadly I’m so desensitized to this,I just read and kept on about my day

Sadly, same. Not the first time.
Not a lone white shooter.
HUSH in Birmingham is a Black lounge.
Sounds like a local beef.

Below is BGOL thread from last year from Alabama.

BGOL: 20 people shot at Sweet 16 party in Dadeville, Alabama [2023 - 4 KILLED]

6 people face murder charges for the Sweet 16 party massacre that left 4 dead and 32 injured​

By Isabel Rosales, Holly Yan and Elizabeth Wolfe, CNN
5 minute read
Updated 10:06 AM EDT, Fri April 21, 2023
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/19/us/dadeville-alabama-birthday-party-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Ridiculous, watched the vid of the fight. What happened to people fighting and that's it, done?

To bring out choppers like it's Gaza or some chit on your own peeps is crazy.

Heard endless gunshots like how many guns are they riding around in to shoot up their own?

Senseless, hate this BS

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ridiculous, watched the vid of the fight. What happened to people fighting and that's it, done?

To bring out choppers like it's Gaza or some chit on your own peeps is crazy.

Heard endless gunshots like how many guns are they riding around in to shoot up their own?

Senseless, hate this BS

Charges upgraded for your bruised egos.

"I'm Sorry" won't get you out of felony murder.

Especially in Alabama.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor

At least four people were killed and “dozens” more were injured in a mass shooting in one of the most popular entertainment areas in Birmingham, Alabama, Saturday evening, the Birmingham Police Department said.
Just after 11 p.m., “multiple shooters fired multiple shots on a group of people” in the Five Points South area, Birmingham Police Officer Truman Fitzgerald said.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found two men and a woman unresponsive with gunshot wounds, and all three were later pronounced dead on the scene, Fitzgerald said. A fourth victim died at an area hospital, he added.
No suspects were in custody as of early Sunday, Fitzgerald said.
The incident extends the list of at least 403 mass shootings in the United States so far this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. The archive, like CNN, defines a mass shooting as one in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter.
The victims in Alabama were all out in the open on the sidewalk or on the streets, Fitzgerald said. Detectives are working to determine whether the shooters walked up to the victims or drove by in a vehicle, he added.
Additional gunshot victims were identified in the area, and other victims arrived at local hospitals, Fitzgerald said. The University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital received 11 of the victims, including one of the people who died, Hannah Echols, a hospital spokesperson told CNN. The conditions of the victims have not been released.

“We have dozens of gunshot victims from this area,” Fitzgerald said. “I’m told at least four of those gunshot victims are life-threatening, the others have various injuries.”
It’s unclear exactly how many people opened fire or what motivated the violence. Fitzgerald said police are investigating whether there were “multiple shootings.”
Several law enforcement agencies are assisting in the investigation, according to Fitzgerald. Birmingham police have asked that businesses in the area provide any surveillance footage they might have, and requested that the public reach out to them with any relevant information.
“Rest assured, we are going to do everything we possibly can to make sure that we uncover, identify and hunt down who was ever responsible for preying on our people,” he said.
Five Points South is a busy area known for its restaurants, night clubs, pubs and live music venues near the University of Alabama at Birmingham campus and a short drive from the downtown Birmingham area.
Fitzgerald said the mass shootings “have more to do with culture than they do criminality,” adding that “we’re seeing far too many arguments being settled by bullets.”
...a culture of violence.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Gabriel Eslami

6h ·

I was at Hush waiting in line, when all of the sudden over 100 shots went off. I start running then out of no where I can’t feel my leg and I fall. When I get up, I look back and just see bodies laid out and smoke everywhere…I managed to make my way over to a diner and they flagged a cop down, but my friend Clutch DiBiase saved my life. He came back for me. He was hit himself, but he went to grab his car and immediately took me to UAB. I had a bullet enter my left butt cheek and come out of my thigh, millimeters from my main artery. UAB’s Trauma team did amazing work, they got everyone checked and looked at and saved many many lives last night. But please keep those who didn’t make it and their families in your prayers guys…it was an imagine I’ll never forget.

------

Carol Robinson

2h ·
Gabriel Eslami was one of 21 people shot when someone unleashed a barrage of gunfire Saturday night in the area of 20th Street and Magnolia Aenue, in the heart of Birmingham’s Five Points South entertainment district.
“I never thought I would be a victim,’’ Eslami said. “I’m just blessed beyond blessed I got out of there with minimal injuries compared to other people.”

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
These street elements bring their uncivilized behavior around. I don't want nothing to do with you. I need a gated community or something.

I definitely don't want a peon battle with you. I am stuck in this town here trying to recover.

Don't come up to me like I live here, I hate that shit

Last edited:

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They knew the person they wanted was standing in line to get in Hush Lounge. It was a Saturday nite after all.
But, Instead of walking up to him.

They stopped the car outside the line and sprayed everyone with automatic gunfire. :smh:

----------------------

In a Sept. 22 press conference, Birmingham Police Chief Scott Thurmond said police believe the suspects were targeting one of the deceased.

“We believe that there was a hit, if you will, on that particular person, as far as someone willing to pay money to have that person killed,” he said.

Investigators believe the suspects may have used a fully-automatic weapon, as “approximately over 100 shell casings” were collected at the scene,

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So then the fight above had nothing to do with the shooting? Was just a coincidence happening at the same time?

That's cray