Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump to debate on September 10( East vs West, Women vs Men, Sista va Cac, DemoRat vs RePigLet)

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Harris accuses Trump of "backpedaling" on Sept. 10 debate: "I'm ready"​

By Melissa Quinn
Updated on: July 25, 2024 / 9:05 PM EDT
Washington — Vice President Kamala Harris accused former President Donald Trump of walking back his previous agreement to a Sept. 10 presidential debate, telling reporters, "I'm ready."

"I'm ready to debate Donald Trump. I have agreed to the previously agreed upon Sept. 10 debate. He agreed to that previously. Now it appears he's backpedaling," she told reporters after arriving in Washington following a speech before the American Federation of Teachers in Houston. "But I'm ready. And I think the voters deserve to see the split-screen that exists in this race on a debate stage. And so I'm ready. Let's go."

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks to reporters upon arrival at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland on July 25, 2024.
Vice President Kamala Harris speaks to reporters upon arrival at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland on July 25, 2024. BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Trump and President Biden, when he was still in the race for the White House, agreed back in May to participate in two presidential debates, the first on June 27 and hosted by CNN, and the second on Sept. 10 that would be hosted by ABC News.

But Mr. Biden's poor performance during the first debate last month sparked calls for him to end his reelection bid, and he announced Sunday he would be forgoing his campaign for a second term. Following his exit from the race, Harris announced her candidacy and has since received the backing of a majority of delegates needed to secure the Democratic nomination.

Trump has said he would debate Harris, and face off against her "more than once." But he said on his social media platform that he believes it should be hosted by Fox News, instead of ABC News. The former president called ABC "fake news" and a "joke."

Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said in a statement Thursday evening that "general election debate details cannot be finalized until Democrats formally decide on their nominee."

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Racism doesn’t need a campaign. Like someone said, he can just coast to victory but he’s too narcissistic to realize that.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Racism doesn’t need a campaign. Like someone said, he can just coast to victory but he’s too narcissistic to realize that.
If his handlers are smart, they will do the same thing with him that was done in the Republican primary debates. Not participate.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Agent Orange previously agreed to battle Joey for a second time.

With Joey waving the white flag, Kammy likely the replacement once the DNC selects her and announce it.

Harris just playing the “he
is scared card” aka he don’t want this smoke.
Orange wants FOX to host this time, since the DNC controlled every aspect of the last debate on CNN..

This what I gathered from the few articles I’ve read

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This would be the dumbest fucking thing in Trump's life if he shows to this. She will eat his monkey ass alive. This dude can pretty much coast to victory so long as he avoids this kind of confrontation, otherwise she will make him look like he made Biden look.

Coast to victory huh? I pray he and his team thinks just like that.

Their footing is so solid they don’t have to do anything else.

It’s Kamala…light work!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Coast to victory huh? I pray he and his team thinks just like that.

Their footing is so solid they don’t have to do anything else.

It’s Kamala…light work!

Did you see this….

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Trump campaign says it won’t commit to Harris debate until she’s confirmed as nominee​

By Piper Hudspeth Blackburn and Sam Fossum, CNN
20240724-split-donald-trump-kamala-harris-07-24-2024.jpg

CNN —
After Vice President Kamala Harris accused former President Donald Trump of “backpedaling” on a debate, the Trump campaign said Thursday it would not commit to any future debates until the Democratic Party formally chooses a nominee.

President Joe Biden’s decision to step down from the Democratic ticket on Sunday threw previous debate plans into doubt. While the Biden and Trump campaigns had agreed to a debate hosted by ABC on September 10, it is unclear if it will go on as planned.

“I have agreed to the previously agreed upon September 10th debate, he agreed to that previously,” Harris told reporters after landing at Joint Base Andrews Thursday. “Now it appears he’s backpedaling. But I’m ready. And I think that the voters deserve to see the split screen that exists in this race on a debate stage and so, I’m ready. Let’s go.”

Steven Cheung, Trump’s campaign communications director, said in a statement late Thursday that it “would be inappropriate to schedule things with Harris because Democrats very well could still change their minds,” since Harris is only the party’s presumptive nominee.

Harris quickly hit back on social media. “What happened to ‘any time, any place’?” she said in a post on X.

Democratic delegates are expected to vote virtually to confirm Harris as the party’s nominee by August 7. Trump, for his part, officially clinched the Republican nomination last week at the Republican National Convention.

Trump told reporters earlier this week he wants to debate Harris but has not yet agreed to anything.

“I haven’t agreed to anything. I agreed to a debate with Joe Biden,” Trump said on a press call. “But I want to debate with her, and she’ll be no different because they have the same policies. I think debating is important for a presidential race, I really do. You sort of have an obligation to debate.”

Biden’s exit from the race came weeks after a disastrous performance at the CNN debate last month. He endorsed Harris shortly after his announcement, and the vice president quickly racked up enough delegate endorsements to win the Democratic presidential nomination. While those endorsements are not binding, Harris is still the favorite to take Biden’s place.

Harris would not say on Thursday whether she was open to another proposed debate hosted by Fox News. Before Biden withdrew from the race, Harris had positioned herself to go up against Trump’s running mate, Ohio Sen. JD Vance, on the debate stage. In a brief call earlier this month, both candidates said they looked forward to debating one another but didn’t discuss specifics about when that would happen, CNN previously reported.

It’s now becoming clear those debate plans won’t be made after all, as Vance noted at a campaign stop in his hometown of Middletown, Ohio, earlier this week.

“I was told I was going to get to debate Kamala Harris, and now President Trump’s going to get to debate her?” Vance joked. “I’m kind of pissed off about that if I’m being honest with you.”

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Strange. She doesn't need it and she certainly doesn't need it on fox. She's being set up.

It seem like Biden had controlled the format for the first debate…

So I’m guessing Agent Orange figured the second round is his doing….

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Trump and Harris agree to debate on ABC on September 10, network says​

By Ebony Davis, Hadas Gold and Alayna Treene, CNN
20240808-harris-trump.jpg

CNN —
Donald Trump and Kamala Harris are set to debate on ABC on September 10 after the former president said Thursday he had agreed to the faceoff, along with two others next month.

“ABC News will host qualifying presidential candidates to debate on September 10 on ABC. Vice President Harris and former President Trump have both confirmed they will attend the ABC debate,” the network said in a statement.

Speaking at a news conference at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, Trump said that he was “looking forward” to debating the vice president and that he had agreed to upcoming dates with Fox News, ABC and NBC.

“I think it’s very important to have debates, and we’ve agreed with Fox on a date of September 4. We’ve agreed with NBC. Fairly full agreement subject to them on September 10. And we’ve agreed with ABC on September 25,” the former president said.

A senior Trump adviser and an ABC source familiar with the matter both said that the correct dates Trump has agreed to with networks are: September 4 with Fox News, September 10 with ABC and September 25 with NBC.

Trump said “minor details” were still being worked out, including audience and locations.

“The other side has to agree to the terms. They may or may not agree. I don’t know if they’re going to agree. (Harris) hasn’t done an interview. She can’t do an interview. She’s barely competent, and she can’t do an interview, I look forward to the debates because I think we have to set the record straight,” he said.

Harris, who had previously agreed to the ABC debate, confirmed her participation later Thursday and said she would be “happy” to discuss a further debate.

“I’m glad that he’s finally agreed to a debate on September 10th. I’m looking forward to it, and I hope he shows up,” Harris told reporters before boarding Air Force Two in Detroit after an event with the United Auto Workers.

Asked if she would be open to the other debates mentioned by Trump, Harris said: “I’m happy to have that conversation about an additional debate for after September 10th.”

The ABC debate was originally accepted by Trump and former President Joe Bidenbefore the latter dropped out of the race. Earlier this week, Trump had said that he would not debate Harris if she did not agree to attend the proposed Fox News debate on September 4.

An ABC source had earlier expressed confidence that the network’s debate would be the first one between Trump and the vice president, as the Harris campaign has indicated she will not agree to the Fox News debate.

A source familiar with the NBC negotiations said September 25 was “one of the dates” given to the campaigns. While the network has been in discussions with both camps, the Harris campaign has not formally accepted.

Details on location, rules and moderators will be determined closer to the debate date.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People who say Trump is scared to debate Kamala Harris are silly. If I remember correctly he debated this woman and he seemed to do alright

RTSPKQH-1024x686.jpg

And unlike Kamala Harris he won Republican primaries in 2016 against a field of candidates
-b4d0da00a804e0a5.jpg

So you have someone who ran the gamut against a field of candidates and actually won his party's nomination versus a person who got washed when she was running and had to drop out and was selected by the party not the people. But he's scared? Some of yall are just dreaming.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
People who say Trump is scared to debate Kamala Harris are silly. If I remember correctly he debated this woman and he seemed to do alright

RTSPKQH-1024x686.jpg

And unlike Kamala Harris he won Republican primaries in 2016 against a field of candidates
-b4d0da00a804e0a5.jpg

So you have someone who ran the gamut against a field of candidates and actually won his party's nomination versus a person who got washed when she was running and had to drop out and was selected by the party not the people. But he's scared? Some of yall are just dreaming.
Man folks just be talking shit just to talk shit

It’s clear as day, Trump would debate anyone
That fucker would debate Moses, about splitting the Sea. He’d lie about how it wasn’t done correctly or whatever.
This shit is all a show for Agent Orange

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'm gonna sound like the guy in the middle trying to instigate a fight in school...

"Ooooooh! Damn! She just called you scared to debate her! She practically called you a bitch! Whatcha gonna do about it?"

Anyway, they should keep the 9/10 debate. Trump declining this debate and wanting to debate on Fox News is like a kid throwing rocks and running behind his mother to protect him.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I will laugh may ass off if he loses it and calls her a "****** cunt bitch!" on live tv. Her response is...

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

RTSPKQH-1024x686.jpg

-b4d0da00a804e0a5.jpg

Trump is scared to debate Kamala. For the most part, Hillary didn’t go for his throat. Kamala immediately would cut his throat, remember she was a prosecutor.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean its really laughable to say Donald Trump is scared to debate when he's been onstage with Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich, Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton and the last guy who you may remember he washed that guy so bad he was forced out the race Joe Biden. But he's scared to debate Kamala Harris who got washed by Tulsi Gabbard.

So Trump is supposed to be scared of this?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I'm gonna sound like the guy in the middle trying to instigate a fight in school...

"Ooooooh! Damn! She just called you scared to debate her! She practically called you a bitch! Whatcha gonna do about it?"

Anyway, they should keep the 9/10 debate. Trump declining this debate and wanting to debate on Fox News is like a kid throwing rocks and running behind his mother to protect him.
Seem like it was a agreement between Biden and Trump. Biden choose the situation for the first debate then Trump had the second one.

Which was the reason it was on CNN.
If this wasn’t the case, I apologize for thinking that.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yes,
Seem like it was a agreement between Biden and Trump. Biden choose the situation for the first debate then Trump had the second one.

Which was the reason it was on CNN.
If this wasn’t the case, I apologize for thinking that.

Yes, it was an agreement for the first one. It was going to be on ABC. When Harris replaced Biden, he then said that he wanted to move up the debate to about a week later, and to have it on Fox News. He knows he'd have the home court advantage he wouldn't have anywhere else, even he would have less time to prepare (which wouldn't matter if the debate was on Fox News).

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I mean its really laughable to say Donald Trump is scared to debate when he's been onstage with Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich, Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton and the last guy who you may remember he washed that guy so bad he was forced out the race Joe Biden. But he's scared to debate Kamala Harris who got washed by Tulsi Gabbard.

Yes, Trump is afraid of Kamala. All Kamala have to do is go into prosecutor mode, and Trump will runoff the stage Remember, she is a little bit more as a vice president. I could tell that the way she is campaigning now. Hillary actually took it a little easy on Trump, but Kamala is not going to be easy on Trump

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You're exaggerating TF out of Tulsi Gabbard's debate performance. Gabbard was mediocre on the debate stage and lied about Kamala's AG record. That was not impressive. Neither Gabbard nor Harris got anywhere near the Democratic nomination. An ice cube's chance in hell comes to mind back then. This current 2024 declining version of Trump is not the same version of Trump from almost a decade ago. Same with Biden, hence why he wisely dropped out.

September 10th will not be pretty for your boy, T-Dawg, and much less for Jay CouchLoves squaring up against Coach Walz, who has the gift of gab with no teleprompter on the campaign trail.

Last edited: