Know what you’re buying.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Good Old Days

Yesterday at 9:20 AM ·

Know what you’re buying. This picture has store beef(right), and farm beef(left). There is an obvious visible difference between the two but the differences don’t stop there!

1. You may notice the color difference in the picture. The store bought is pumped full of additives and preservatives, including propyl gallate, to protect against spoilage due to long term air exposure.

2. There isn’t a guarantee of where that beef came from, OR how many cows are in it.

Yes, it may have the USDA label on it but as long as that animal was packaged in the US, it can be called a Product of the USA.

And yes, the meat in the right package is not from one single cow, rather scraps from multiple cows. It may have come from Argentina, Canada, or Brazil.

3. The beef on the left is fresher, darker and is farm raised beef. It is filled with more nutrients & flavor. The ground is also from one cow and not just low quality scraps from multiple cows.

Buy from a local farm
448927063_122115976574335375_3237795199491061366_n.jpg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Coc Shelby
This is very true. Yet if your only able to get store bought find the packages that are really red and blood dripping in the package. It may have had a long journey yet is fresher. I have noticed that some farm fresh meat that is sold is more expensive depending on where you go just the opposite. So it is about being able to spend a bit more and having access to that as well. That is why meat markets are great for families to purchase meat it is fresh. And you get to see and speak to the butchers behind the cuts.
Apparently many do not read the posts nor do you read previous comments. Quite frankly I get it not sure how to turn off comments on a reply yet I wish there was a way maybe there is a will. Please no more 2 cents the convo was great earlier on as always it goes south
⬇️
after that!!
If you read this post the conversation is over many people have dispersed it is over has been over please do not add....

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Christine Beggs
Wow imagine eating beef from Argentina, Canada or Bazil what would that do to us.
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
. People buy what they can afford. Best to avoid pre prepared meals heaven knows what in them but that’s another story. I’m away to have my steak n chips now.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless you're willing to go to a local farm and build a relationship by purchasing from them on a regular basis its going to cost a whole lot more to get that kind of fresh local beef. I go to a local butcher every now and then, but even his prices are way more.