Kobe's - How to guard the NBA's greats!!!

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Great video... loved the 80s vhs theme. It's not like Kobe was ever some great defender but he's a real student of the game and a goddamn legend afaic (despite all the hate he gets here). I think he's a smart dude and will have a great career post retirment... lookin forward to more content from Black Mamba :yes:

Last edited:

GOOCHAVELI

Star
BGOL Investor
Great video... loved the 80s vhs theme. It's not like Kobe was ever some great defender but he's a real student of the game and a goddamn legend afaic (despite all the hate he gets here). I think he's a smart dude and will have a great career post retirment... lookin forward to more content from Black Mamba :yes:

Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Garnett, and Kobe share the record for most NBA All-Defensive first team selections with nine.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Garnett, and Kobe share the record for most NBA All-Defensive first team selections with nine.

Damn will have to reevaluate this shit tommorow, I was under the impression he was an offensive beast lacking in the defense dept.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Kobe is 100% with his analogy thats why it kills me when folks say all you have to do is xyz to stop this great player, if it were that easy trust me they would not be great.

lilwayne

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kobe is 100% with his analogy thats why it kills me when folks say all you have to do is xyz to stop this great player, if it were that easy trust me they would not be great.

Yeah exactly that's why he said to slow them down not stop them. He also said that the greats will adjust. That's what makes the greats great.

I think we are pretty much on the same page lol

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Yeah exactly that's why he said to slow them down not stop them. He also said that the greats will adjust. That's what makes the greats great.

I think we are pretty much on the same page lol
Basketball is a team sport, to the point where often the best way to slow down a great player (let me use K.D. as an example) is to make your shots on offense, so in other words you could be a lock down defender and yet if your team isn't making their shots K.D. is going to eat you up on the other side of the court.
This is evident in today's game when the Cavs shot poorly and Durant killed them, yet when they started hitting K.D. numbers was way down.
So sometimes the best defense is a good solid strong offense, and players who can get back and play good defense.

lilwayne

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basketball is a team sport, to the point where often the best way to slow down a great player (let me use K.D. as an example) is to make your shots on offense, so in other words you could be a lock down defender and yet if your team isn't making their shots K.D. is going to eat you up on the other side of the court.
This is evident in today's game when the Cavs shot poorly and Durant killed them, yet when they started hitting K.D. numbers was way down.
So sometimes the best defense is a good solid strong offense, and players who can get back and play good defense.

Yeah I feel you. There are a lot of variables such as making your man work hard on D as well which could in turn slow his offensive game down. I think that's how Kobe succeeded a lot on D.