Lazy crane operators making $250,000 a year exacerbating port crisis, truckers say

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
That entire article was written to be anti union. Crane Operators, who have a strong union, are lazy and the reason we hace a shipping crisis. Not the fact that we don't have even half the truck drivers anymore cause a bunch went to find other work when the pandemic hit and didn't come back.

Since its the Examiner I expect it to be right wing crap but they have to work extra hard cause having a union that protects you and allows you to make up to $250k is a great thing.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
That entire article was written to be anti union. Crane Operators, who have a strong union, are lazy and the reason we hace a shipping crisis. Not the fact that we don't have even half the truck drivers anymore cause a bunch went to find other work when the pandemic hit and didn't come back.

Since its the Examiner I expect it to be right wing crap but they have to work extra hard cause having a union that protects you and allows you to make up to $250k is a great thing.
Yep There is a lot of hate in this article

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Yep. Employers are desperate too, trucking companies are recruiting high school graduates.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Yep. Employers are desperate too, trucking companies are recruiting high school graduates.
I did not know the trucking industry had so many boomers working in it. Those boomers are not coming back of course the pandemic made them retire early. These trucking companies have to sweeten the benefits and pay pot because the good old boy network that used to get those jobs is dying off fast so they have to look towards the black and brown people to carry the torch.

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Right, I have no beef with unions. I was in one for 21 years, before I went to the "dark side" (management). Collective bargaining and rights of union members is like kryptonite to some businesses and those who are anti-union.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I did not know the trucking industry had so many boomers working in it. Those boomers are not coming back of course the pandemic made them retire early. These trucking companies have to sweeten the benefits and pay pot because the good old boy network that used to get those jobs is dying off fast so they have to look towards the black and brown people to carry the torch.
Teens in big rigs go together like water and oil