Leased Car Question

NYC-DC

Star
Platinum Member
Hey Brothers,

Was just seeking some advice about a leased Mercedes. My boy got locked up last week and it's looking like he's not get out anytime soon, I had to get his belonging and his car.

My boy is in denial, thinking he is going to get out a resume his life. He wants me to pay his lease to keep up his credit and his apt rent. However, I'm advising not to pay anything, because he needs to save his cash for his legal defense.

Question for brother with lease experience. What options do you have with a leased car if you can not longer pay. The car is a 2021 Mercedes and I believe he is 3 years into the lease. Can the payments be reduced due to hardship? If the payments aren't made how long before they repo the car?

Any advise on the lease would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've never leased, but I know with normal car loans they give you 90 days to make payments afterwards the repo trucks will be called

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Unless he saved your life, he's on his own. I wouldn't do any of that shit for 3/4 of my family let alone "my boy."

So to answer your question, unless you're prepared and able to shoulder that load don't lose any sleep over it - they'll come and get the car. If you want to make payments, go to the dealer he got it from and talk to them. You need to see/read the lease because by assuming payments you could be on the hook. 3 years into a Merc lease he's probably close to the balloon. And that's a killer at the best of times.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depends on what he’s locked up for? He thinks he’s coming home soon but OP doesn’t.

Might have to take the car back.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Hey Brothers,

Was just seeking some advice about a leased Mercedes. My boy got locked up last week and it's looking like he's not get out anytime soon, I had to get his belonging and his car.

My boy is in denial, thinking he is going to get out a resume his life. He wants me to pay his lease to keep up his credit and his apt rent. However, I'm advising not to pay anything, because he needs to save his cash for his legal defense.

Question for brother with lease experience. What options do you have with a leased car if you can not longer pay. The car is a 2021 Mercedes and I believe he is 3 years into the lease. Can the payments be reduced due to hardship? If the payments aren't made how long before they repo the car?

Any advise on the lease would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HUNTSVEGAZ

Hip-Hop father
Registered
Fam, are you sure that’s your homie??

I can’t find any circumstance where I’d pay a friend’s rent and car note.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A friend of mine has , that’s probably his best option. List his car on that site and hope someone else takes over the lease. A friend of mine ended up taking over someone’s lease in Texas and we’re in Florida. There’s hope

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tell him to give you access to his bank account.
if he wants u to come out of pocket for his expenses, then this shouldn't be a problem.
If he says No, then you say No.

NYC-DC

Star
Platinum Member
I wasn't clear enough, he gave me access to his account which had a few grand, I was advising him not to pay his rent or car lease and use the money for his legal defense, which he later agreed. He was looking at a very, very long prison sentence if found guilty, and he would have lost his apt and car if that happened anyway. Plus we live in a city where it can easily take a year or more to eviction someone. So I knew he would not loose this apt any time soon. In the end, I used the money to get him a lawyer, and later the charges were dropped. He still has is apartment and applied for city emergency rent program I told him about also.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lmao call the bank and ask. I've leased vehicles for about 20yrs now. They'll let you skip a payment 2 but...... the vehicle isn't in your name and your boy locked up...... good luck.