Malcolm X on Black Entertainers Being Seen As Leaders

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh, I've been saying this for yrs!! And, ain't nobody listening! Celebrity worshipping was to stop today!! Celebrity influencers only function is to keep the masses deeply asleep and to believe in this so called trance/dream!! But folks think that they have a nice house, car, decent paying job!! They have achieved the american dream!! Like I said ain't nobody listening!

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Real shit right here. Holds true till this day.

4Cl5sS.jpg

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The last "celeb" I "worshipped" was Mike Jackson and that was because I was a kid.
I never understood why people would look up to someone that they didn't know past their talents.
You athlete and major league team loving niggas got the problem too.

Bruh, your spot on about those athlete loving brothas!! I call them men lovers!! They are programmed and conditioned to love them athletes!!

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh, I've been saying this for yrs!! And, ain't nobody listening! Celebrity worshipping was to stop today!! Celebrity influencers only function is to keep the masses deeply asleep and to believe in this so called trance/dream!! But folks think that they have a nice house, car, decent paying job!! They have achieved the american dream!! Like I said ain't nobody listening!

You be saying some off the wall shit at times, but your disdain for celebrities is one thing you have been consistent with. :lol:

Simply_Black

International
International Member
A black entertainer is also a human being with black experience so why can't he or she speak on behalf of his or her people? .... Didn't Harry Belafonte, Mahalia Jackson and Paul Robeson speak up and loud and behalf of their people?.... Even though they weren't upfront leaders they still played an important role in trying to motivate and uplift their people... so as much as I respect the opinions of brother Malcolm, he can only refer to some but not to all in this case, because all voices matter, as long as that voice is shouting the right words and in the right direction.

Last edited:

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered
A black entertainer is also a human being with black experience so why can't he or she speak on behalf of his or her people? .... Didn't Harry Belafonte, Mahalia Jackson and Paul Robeson speak up and loud and behalf of their people?.... Even though they weren't upfront leaders they still played an important role in trying to motivate and uplift their people... so as much as I respect the opinions of brother Malcolm, he can only refer to some but not to all in this case, because all voices matter, as long as that voice is shouting the right words and in the right direction.

Breh...all you can ever do is generalize....because nothing is absolute and there are ALWAYS going to be exceptions to the rule....

I do wonder what Malcolm thought about Ali becoming the spokesman he became....

Though much of it was after Malcolms death

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Man....the "my Spurs....My Lakers" niggas kill me. I always ask "Do you own part of that team?"
I really cant stand them " we" niggas. "We" who? What the fuck you did? Your black ass wasnt out on the court shooting. You wasnt on the field scrimmaging , running the ball taking hits etc. The real players out there risking concussions, spinal injuries , cte etc and your role playing ass got the nerve to talk about "we". These niggas woulnt even make third string towelboy. Niggas wanna live vicariously through athletes because they're boyhood dreams of going pro didn't happen. Gtfoh.

william busa

Rising Star
Registered

You are correct sir.
Malcolm touched on those celebrities that white people gravitated and talked to that seemed to down the black Muslims by saying they never heard of them. The same way Trump loves lil wayne because he downs the black lives matter movement and say there is no racism. As long as you down anything associated with uplifting black lives, white people will love you and try to put you in the position of black leader.
But we do have black celebrities that are standing up for US. I admire them using their platforms in a positive way to uplift black lives.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The last "celeb" I "worshipped" was Mike Jackson and that was because I was a kid.
I never understood why people would look up to someone that they didn't know past their talents.
You athlete and major league team loving niggas got the problem too.
Sports gambling/betting is big.. it’s why sports is a lil diff.. even sports video games led to a lot of betting.. than flipping sports merchandise.. as a bulls fan talking shit to a lot of Knick fans back in the days led a bunch of naive Knick fans to make stupid bets which pretty much always led to Knicks losing and generating me money.. mayweather has generated me lots of money as well as superbowls

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
Bruh, your spot on about those athlete loving brothas!! I call them men lovers!! They are programmed and conditioned to love them athletes!!

I don't get wearing clothing with another mans name on your back. The fanbiy / fuck boy shit ain't for me.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
We have to be careful here. I don't think being a celebrity or athlete disqualifies a person from being a champion for justice. In the case of black folk, celebrities and athletes have a platform that allows access and visibility that not many politicians have. There are 56 black members of congress. Let that sink in. 56, most people can barely name two. Celebrities have the ability to relay messages to audiences that politicians do not have access to.

The problem is, not all celebrities are equipped to do this job. Nor, should we expect them to. Some are knowledgeable. Some read talking points. Some do not want to say anything. We should accept that.

Many politicians are somewhat celebrities. MLK and Malcolm X were preachers and celebrities. Why do we automatically give preachers the thumbs up on being civil rights leaders? Most preachers are not knowledgeable regarding politics, yet we allow some ti take the lead and speak for us all, even though many of y'all heathens haven't been to church since your 4th grade Easter service.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The problem is only if they are leaders based solely on their celebrity.

They are leaders based on their work and activism and happen to be celebrities

Being a celebrity can give them a platform but without actions, they are only a celebrity..

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I really cant stand them " we" niggas. "We" who? What the fuck you did? Your black ass wasnt out on the court shooting. You wasnt on the field scrimmaging , running the ball taking hits etc. The real players out there risking concussions, spinal injuries , cte etc and your role playing ass got the nerve to talk about "we". These niggas woulnt even make third string towelboy. Niggas wanna live vicariously through athletes because they're boyhood dreams of going pro didn't happen. Gtfoh.
It dont bother me that much now because i get its like high school and having school spirit. Nothing wrong with routing for your team. Its sounds more normal than having a sports conversation and referring to your team in the 3rd person lah boah blah the falcons, nlah boah blah the bulls.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
It applies to today. People like Dick Gregory, Jim Brown, Nina Simone, Eartha Kitt, et. al. put their lives and careers on the line for the struggle. We don't have that today.