Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

Man who murdered 3 year old dies behind bars, one month into sentence​

by WRGB STAFF
Wed, October 23rd 2024 at 11:07 PM
Updated Thu, October 24th 2024 at 9:16 AM

0639a4f4-5b2b-4826-9487-e92a8e7e45c9-FisherRobertJ..jpg

The man serving time for the violent rape and death of a 3-year-old child has died in prison after serving one month into his sentence.

Robert Fisher, 34, was sentenced to 20 years to life behind bars for the rape and murder of 3-year-old Josefina Cunningham.

Fisher pled guilty to 2nd-degree Murder, and 1st-degree Rape on July 9, 2024.

According to the Department of Corrections, Fisher was pronounced dead at around 1:50 AM on October 22nd at the Elmira Correctional Facility.

We are working to learn the cause of death.We're told he began his sentence on September 23rd of 2024.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Fisher, who pleaded guilty to rape and murder in the 2023 death of 3-year-old Rensselaer girl, died Tuesday at Elmira correctional facility, corrections officials said.

f5224ec0-ce4d-438c-aa40-81c87a4034cd

Beautiful babygirl

Fisher, 34, was pronounced dead at 1:50 a.m., according to DOCCS. A spokesman for the agency declined to discuss how Fisher died, referring instead to a DOCCS statement that the cause of death would be determined by the Chemung County Medical Examiner’s Office and it was up to that agency to decide whether to reveal it. Fisher had been in state prison since Sept. 23.

Fisher died less than two months after a Rensselaer County judge sentenced him to 20 years to life in prison for the rape and slaying of Josefina Cunningham.

The child’s death July 7, 2023, in her Rensselaer city home traumatized her family, friends, the community of Rensselaer and the police, firefighters and other first responders who answered the emergency call.

Fisher drugged the child with her mother’s medication, attacked her and tried to cover up what he had done, prosecutors said at his Sept. 10 sentencing. Fisher had befriended the child’s mother and, prosecutors said, the child was left in his care on the day she died.

During the sentencing, Rensselaer County Assistant District Attorney Antonia Edwards said Fisher used Clorox wipes to try to conceal his crimes, scrubbing the child’s face so hard he rubbed off the pigment.

Edwards described the victim as “a loving and caring child. She had a smile that would light up a room. Her teachers said at day care she would pretend to be a teacher. She would line the baby dolls up and pretend to read to them and to feed them. She had very nurturing qualities. She was a girly girl.”

In July, Fisher pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and first-degree rape.

Judge Debra Young called Fisher “a threat to society. You show no remorse for what you did to Josie.”

The judge told Fisher he will “never be fit to live” in the community, adding he hoped any future parole board considering his release from prison would study the sentencing records and other court records and deem him unfit for release.

Asked if he wanted to address the court, Fisher muttered, “No.”

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/child-rapist-killer-rober-fisher-dead-new-york-19859907.php

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How was he able to be alone with her? That was my question,
He was the boyfriend/babysitter.

Over the years, I think this is the fourth Black child killed, by a white male babysitter.

——————

‘I Want Him to Pay For What He Did’: Mother’s Boyfriend Left Babysitting 3-Year-Old Drugs and Rapes Child In New York Home. Family Calls for Death Penalty In Disturbing Case​

Posted byBy Yasmeen F. | Published on: July 12, 2024 CommentsComments (0)

The family of a 3-year-old girl who was raped and murdered by her mother’s boyfriend is calling for the man responsible for the gruesome crime to be sentenced to death.

Robert Fisher, 34, pleaded guilty this week in court and confessed that he killed 3-year-old Josefina Cunningham last year.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2024/0...s-and-rapes-child-family-wants-death-penalty/

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
How was he able to be alone with her? That was my question,
He was the boyfriend/babysitter.

Over the years, I think this is the fourth Black child killed, by a white male babysitter.

——————

‘I Want Him to Pay For What He Did’: Mother’s Boyfriend Left Babysitting 3-Year-Old Drugs and Rapes Child In New York Home. Family Calls for Death Penalty In Disturbing Case​

Posted byBy Yasmeen F. | Published on: July 12, 2024 CommentsComments (0)

The family of a 3-year-old girl who was raped and murdered by her mother’s boyfriend is calling for the man responsible for the gruesome crime to be sentenced to death.

Robert Fisher, 34, pleaded guilty this week in court and confessed that he killed 3-year-old Josefina Cunningham last year.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2024/0...s-and-rapes-child-family-wants-death-penalty/
Justice was served.

I gotta say though, some women be leaving their kids with anyone. No "boyfriend" should be watching a three year old, unless it's his kid.

Goddamn this is sad, what a beautiful baby girl.

In most these cases the boyfriend stays home and watches the kid/kids while the mom works that's the first sign of problems right there. I watched a case last week where the guy killed the lil girl because he was mad she kept disturbing him while he was playing video games. They had text messages where he was telling the mom his nerves were bad from dealing with the lil girl and the mom said she was going to put her in daycare the next week

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In most these cases the boyfriend stays home and watches the kid/kids while the mom works that's the first sign of problems right there. I watched a case last week where the guy killed the lil girl because he was mad she kept disturbing him while he was playing video games. They had text messages where he was telling the mom his nerves were bad from dealing with the lil girl and the mom said she was going to put her in daycare the next week
Why can a white man find a black woman easier than than he can find a job?