Marvel Movie Discussion: The Thunderbolts Update: Sentry? NEW TRAILER!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
1pVNBy_0hqOUlOZ00
image_2022_09_10_154802886.0.png

FcUUOiWaIAAlLuP.jpg

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
This was one of my favorite series. I liked all of those teams. I wish they'd do one with the team that included Deadpool and Ghost Rider.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I like Marvel but I think they are coming close to hitting the wall. They need to take a break for a minute.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I like Marvel but I think they are coming close to hitting the wall. They need to take a break for a minute.

I sort of agree. I think the last 3 offerings were nothing like I've come to expect. Thor 4 was hot, stinking trash; Ms Marvel was way more information than I wanted about the Partition and teenagers; She-Hulk is turning into a clown show.
They all seem to be geared to the sm generation.

Only Moon Knight met the criteria IMO.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I just wish they would feature characters like Deaths Head. I used to buy every issue.

clean.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Who would you pick? How many big name actors out there that are young enough to be cast and yet aren’t already attached to a franchise?

Evil Superman?

I would have gotten Cavill before he went back.

But looking at the iconic portrayal of Homelander by an actor I don't think most of thought could pull off its tough.

I would go with the best and the most NOT obvious choice.

Off top?

Brad Pitt

Jared Padalecki

Daniel Craig

Jamie Dornan

Ian Somerhalder

Jason Statham

Jeremy strong if he gains weight lightens his hair.

Maybe even a comedian.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Still having the chick still play Taskmaster is stupid...

Having Tony Masters as a double agent, former Shield Agent stealing the "Taskmaster Protocol" and being injected with a variant of the Super Soldier Serum like in the comics (Which Falcon and Winter Soldier already set up) would be a better plot for Thunderbolts...

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

What's going on with Marvel's Thunderbolts movie?​

Steven Yeun and Ayo Edebiri have both left the superhero film due to scheduling issues. Here's what you need to know.
By
Devan Coggan

Updated on January 30, 2024

Marvel's Thunderbolts movie won't be striking theaters any time soon.

It's been a year and a half since Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige announced the film at San Diego Comic-Con, with plans to release it in theaters in July 2024. Since then, however, the film's production has been pushed back due to the Hollywood writers' and actors' strikes last year, and Thunderbolts is now scheduled to hit theaters July 25, 2025.

Most of the original cast is still on board, and the movie will feature Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes, David Harbour as the Red Guardian, Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost, Wyatt Russell as John Walker, Olga Kurylenko as Taskmaster, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine. Harrison Ford is also expected to make an appearance as U.S. President Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, taking over the role from the late William Hurt.

Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes in 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier'

Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes in 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier'. MARVEL STUDIOS
But due to the scheduling shifts, a number of key roles have been recast. Steven Yeun was originally attached to star in Thunderbolts, reportedly playing the comic book hero Sentry, but he's since left due to scheduling conflicts. Instead, Top Gun: Maverick star Lewis Pullman will play the role.

Recent Emmy winner Ayo Edebiri was also set to star in an undisclosed role, but she too has left due to scheduling conflicts, with Blockers actress Geraldine Viswanathan stepping in.

Thunderbolts isn't the only high-profile project to get pushed back due to the strikes, but it does mean that Marvel's 2024 film slate will be a bit lighter than expected. Right now, the MCU has only one film scheduled to hit theaters in 2024: Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool 3, which recently wrapped filming and is slated for July 26.

Steven Yeun and Ayo Edebiri

Steven Yeun and Ayo Edebiri.
JC OLIVERA/GETTY IMAGES; DIMITRIOS KAMBOURIS/GETTY IMAGES
Paper Towns' Jake Schreier is directing Thunderbolts, and although plot details are scarce, the movie is set to focus on a group of Marvel antiheroes and (semi)reformed villains, who are recruited by the government for a dangerous mission. Last year, Feige teased the group's chemistry in an interview with EW.

"What's fun about that, and I sort of said this at D23, is that they are barely heroes," Feige said. "None of them would consider themselves heroes. When your de facto leader is Bucky Barnes, that's sort of all you need to know. That's the trickle-down. But again, it goes to the amazing work that [casting director] Sarah Finn has done across the whole MCU. You've got David Harbour and Florence Pugh and these people who are at the top of their game and popping in everything they're doing. They're already here and established in the MCU, and we get to build the movie around them."