Minimum 30 to come in

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
If you're worried about youngins coming in and throwing plates and chairs at each other, this restaurant says not so fast. They card you at the door. I think this is not a bad idea at all if you want to keep a certain clientele, but they are also leaving a lot of money on the table. Not all 20 years olds are hot head and not all 30 year olds are mature either. Men have to be 35 which I don't understand...I wonder if other restaurants will start doing this as well.

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I don’t mind this because not all young people cause trouble, but a lot of young people are loud. Sometimes I like to go somewhere and just chill without all the bullshit around me other than my house

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only issue I have is the different ages for men & women..
Me and my wife are the same age and I would've been denied when we were in our early 30s :confused:

EDIT. They're open 4 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Wednesdays through Sundays and the age policy only applies after 7pm

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
I thought only membership-based clubs/businesses could do things like this...
Can someone help me out here..?

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Smart...very smart.

We can't keep clubs open here because young niggas are always fighting and/or shooting.

Then the same clowns want to cry racism when the cac clubs don't let them in.

Yeah if you want your business to survive create a nice environment for the mature brothers and sistas to enjoy themselves.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nope, I know a couple restaurants here in Richmond where only 21+ can enter after 8pm, even for a to-go order. They both implemented this after separate shootings

gil919

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know exactly where this is . . This place has been several different eating establishments , changes the name on a regular basis... now this shit ? Used to be called Mystic bar and grill . I wouldn't eat there myself . I live within 10 miles from here ., .This used to be a Jamaican Spot , before that a soul food spot . They changed the name and came up with an age restriction , think you'll make more money ? These are two different links ... same place different names ..same neighborhood ...next door to the DMV . Good luck with it .

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nope I know bowling alleys that after certain time only 21 and older.. I believe Dave and busters do 21 and older after a certain time in time square, various other places use to do similar things.. not this old but there been spots 25 and older, etc

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
This wont last long. If a 29 year old chic and a 34 year old couple trying to get in they will be turned away?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Their business their rules.. if they can be successful more power to them.. aiming for a specific demographic

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Nope, I know a couple restaurants here in Richmond where only 21+ can enter after 8pm, even for a to-go order. They both implemented this after separate shootings

Nope I know bowling alleys that after certain time only 21 and older.. I believe Dave and busters do 21 and older after a certain time in time square, various other places use to do similar things.. not this old but there been spots 25 and older, etc

Thank you both for clarifying.
So, I guess 21+ is the general agreed-upon age for guests to enter certain establishments that serve alcohol.
I understand that 21 is the baseline age, and anything over that does not have to be legally mandated but is up to the owner's discretion.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reminds me of clubs...where doorman only lets in folks that look like money/bad ass chicks.. Only had a problem wt this in the day when I had to sneak in...

giphy.gif

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
This is exactly why they're enforcing this rule...same city too

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
spot here does the same thing on Fri and Sat. after 7 security at door checking ids. before the change young folks standing on funiture and loud like they at a club. Mofos not throwing their stuff away when finish, just hanging out not ordering. I understand and appreciate this rule

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Only issue I have is the different ages for men & women..
Me and my wife are the same age and I would've been denied when we were in our early 30s :confused:

EDIT. They're open 4 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Wednesdays through Sundays and the age policy only applies after 7pm

Yep just make the age limit the same across the board…

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit, if you ain't old enough don't go. You already know what it is. What's the problem? That's why I stay my ass in my house and have food delivered to me. I hate eating in restaurants anyway.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
Any Business has the right to refuse anyone.
Most businesses are happy to get people through the door.
In this case, the fact that grown folks don't have to be bothered
with particular elements or at the very least have the chances of
being shot or disturbed during a meal, In my opinion increases the
likelihood of doing more business than the average spot with clientele
that is desirable and should probably promote longevity with a good reputation.... Provided the food is any good. :lol:

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Any Business has the right to refuse anyone.
Most businesses are happy to get people through the door.
In this case, the fact that grown folks don't have to be bothered
with particular elements or at the very least have the chances of
being shot or disturbed during a meal, In my opinion increases the
likelihood of doing more business than the average spot with clientele
that is desirable and should probably promote longevity with a good reputation.... Provided the food is any good. :lol:
This will be the only way they can stay in business. All is going to take is someone complaining and things start falling apart.