XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow, this is fantastic! I love this promotion more and more each day. Tony Khan really gets it. It's almost like AEW is righting the wrongs for all the stupid shit that WWE has done over the years.

To be fair, Martha Hart has refused to do business with WWE (for obvious reasons) so it's not like WWE missed a chance to do business.
WWE has wanted to induct him in the Hall of Fame for years now and she always refuses.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Panicked is the word of the day....

Big E winning the championship on RAW
Roman on RAW
Usos on Raw
New Day back together on Raw
Then.... Big E already announcing that him and Roman having a match in Survivor Series....

USA Network is on their neck....

NBC wants what Fox getting! They've been planting the seeds for this for a minute though. Lashley ran through the New Day, you knew Big E would get retribution. E been terrorizing Heyman for a while now. E not beating Roman, so its only logical they battle on Raw. I think the word of Brock going to Raw makes the most sense. Depending on this draft, we need Brock v Lashley.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
NBC wants what Fox getting! They've been planting the seeds for this for a minute though. Lashley ran through the New Day, you knew Big E would get retribution. E been terrorizing Heyman for a while now. E not beating Roman, so its only logical they battle on Raw. I think the word of Brock going to Raw makes the most sense. Depending on this draft, we need Brock v Lashley.
Then why have the Bloodline show up to.....

Y'know....I'm leaving this alone and letting the chaos fly

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To be fair, Martha Hart has refused to do business with WWE (for obvious reasons) so it's not like WWE missed a chance to do business.
WWE has wanted to induct him in the Hall of Fame for years now and she always refuses.

It's not about WWE not missing a chance to do business It's how they did business in the first place that got Owen killed. His death could've been completely prevented by not having him do a risky spot that in the first place and then after the fact many years later they want to induct them into the Hall of Fame. If I was Martha Hart I would tell them to fuck off too. Hell, Vince only took responsibility for Owen's death after he got taken the court. The reason people in the business are gravitating towards Tony Khan is because the dude has a heart and not a cold hearted bastard like Vince McMahon.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not about WWE not missing a chance to do business It's how they did business in the first place that got Owen killed. His death could've been completely prevented by not having him do a risky spot that in the first place and then after the fact many years later they want to induct them into the Hall of Fame. If I was Martha Hart I would tell them to fuck off too. Hell, Vince only took responsibility for Owen's death after he got taken the court. The reason people in the business are gravitating towards Tony Khan is because the dude has a heart and not a cold hearted bastard like Vince McMahon.
I understand her being upset still, but Bret and Owen's siblings have all moved on and done business with WWE since.
It's a reason the rest of the Hart family don't really fuck with Martha. At this point, she's just out for blood.
That same stunt mishap could have easily happened in WCW at the time with Sting or someone else. It's not a reflection on "how they did business".
From all the facts that came out from the case, Owen pulled the harness too early which led to his fall.
Any business having a wrongful death suit filed against them for the amount of money she wanted is going to defend themselves.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This comes off weird to me. Honoring someone with no connection to your company, someone who's family still has strong ties to the competition.

I get it, Owen had fans everywhere, just comes off weird.

Would be like the Boston Red Sox honoring Thurman Munson with an annual weekend celebration.

FWIW Mark Henry probably had a lot to do with this, with regards to making the connection.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This comes off weird to me. Honoring someone with no connection to your company, someone who's family still has strong ties to the competition.

Would be like the Boston Red Sox honoring Thurman Munson with an annual weekend celebration.

FWIW Mark Henry probably had a lot to do with this, with regards to making the connection.
Tony Khan came with a check to Martha to use Owen's likeness and she took it.
So now she can save face and say she didn't sell out to the WWE, but in the end it was a money grab by Martha.
I know it's not what a lot fans want to hear, but it's the truth.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Tony Khan came with a check to Martha to use Owen's likeness and she took it.
So now she can save face and say she didn't sell out to the WWE, but in the end it was a money grab by Martha.
Man, people should call her out on that shit.

They won't but they should.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand her being upset still, but Bret and Owen's siblings have all moved on and done business with WWE since.
It's a reason the rest of the Hart family don't really fuck with Martha. At this point, she's just out for blood.

What blood is she out for? She's not entitled to do business with WWE. If other members of the Hart family want to do business with them that's their business.

That same stunt mishap could have easily happened in WCW at the time with Sting or someone else.

I didn't like it when WCW did it with Sting either. It's a dangerous spot that no one should be doing.

It's not a reflection on "how they did business".
From all the facts that came out from the case, Owen pulled the harness too early which led to his fall.

We also know from the investigation Martha Hart did illustrated in the "Dark Side of the Ring" episode that the rigging crew WWE used for the stunt used a cheap rigger on a harness inadequate to support the weight of someone at that height. We also know Owen Hart didn't want to do the stunt in the first place but probably felt pressured to do it for fear of losing his push. Vince put Owen in that situation.

Any business having a wrongful death suit filed against them for the amount of money she wanted is going to defend themselves.

And they settled with her for 18 million. If she wants to do business with AEW and properly honor Owen's legacy more power to her.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

See that's that WWE isolationist mindset that Vince has conditioned WWE stans with. The whole " If he/she didn't work in WWE then we won't honor them" nonsense. There's nothing weird about honoring a wrestler's legacy regardless of what promotion he wrestled in. It's called being a wrestling fan. Tony Khan is a wrestling fan and he'll probably tell you he enjoyed Owen's work more in New Japan than he ever did in WWE.

I would say Jericho.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tony Khan came with a check to Martha to use Owen's likeness and she took it.So now she can save face and say she didn't sell out to the WWE, but in the end it was a money grab by Martha.

I personally don't care. If it's a way to preserve his legacy then so be it. Obviously she wasn't going to work with WWE so this is the next option. More power to her. Plus I think it's a lot easier working with a good dude like Tony Khan versus a piece of shit like Vince McMahon.

Last edited:

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Then why have the Bloodline show up to.....

Y'know....I'm leaving this alone and letting the chaos fly

Cause they're the hottest thing in the company & you have the draft coming. They want ratings. Put you biggest thing on there. People were crying to have the new day back...here it is & folks still complaining. Now you got the Hurt Business looking to be retooling...it's setting up nicely.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I personally don't care. If it's a way to preserve his legacy then so be it. Obviously she wasn't going to work with WWE so this is the next option. More power to her. Plus I think it's a lot easier working with a good dude like Tony Khan versus a piece of shit like Vince McMahon.

Nobody that knows him or has worked with him calls him that. Most people don't even get access to Vince :lol:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never thought I would hear this come out of Cornette mouth. He must be getting soft. I know he has his issues with Omega, the Bucks and Orange Cassidy but I wouldn't be shocked if he worked with AEW in some capacity in the future. He better be careful though because he'll start losing followers if he consistently gives AEW praise. :lol:

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
See that's that WWE isolationist mindset that Vince has conditioned WWE stans with. The whole " If he/she didn't work in WWE then we won't honor them" nonsense. There's nothing weird about honoring a wrestler's legacy regardless of what promotion he wrestled in. It's called being a wrestling fan. Tony Khan is a wrestling fan and he'll probably tell you he enjoyed Owen's work more in New Japan than he ever did in WWE.

I would say Jericho.

I agree, just because that's what Vince would do doesn't mean it's right.

It's bigger than competition. Vince is just incapable of seeing it that way.

That Vince McMahon mindset produces like two of the worst ideologies in the wrestling community - "if the guy's not in WWE, then it's almost like they don't even exist" and "once a WWE guy, always a WWE guy." Because these wrestlers are human beings, they're individuals. The impact of these wrestlers are greater than just being some WWE person.

Some of AEW's wrestlers and show runners were influenced by or were fans of Owen Hart. Some of them were his friends. And I'm sure there's a lot of Owen fans in that key 18-49 demo.

So it's like why not take an opportunity to give him his flowers since it's likely never gonna happen in WWE?

I imagine they'll do something for Chyna one day since WWE pretty much keeps her legacy outta sight, outta mind as well.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree, just because that's what Vince would do doesn't mean it's right.

It's bigger than competition. Vince is just incapable of seeing it that way.

That Vince McMahon mindset produces like two of the worst ideologies in the wrestling community - "if the guy's not in WWE, then it's almost like they don't even exist" and "once a WWE guy, always a WWE guy." Because these wrestlers are human beings, they're individuals. The impact of these wrestlers are greater than just being some WWE person.

Some of AEW's wrestlers and show runners were influenced by or were fans of Owen Hart. Some of them were his friends. And I'm sure there's a lot of Owen fans in that key 18-49 demo.

So it's like why not take an opportunity to give him his flowers since it's likely never gonna happen in WWE?

I imagine they'll do something for Chyna one day since WWE pretty much keeps her legacy outta sight, outta mind as well.

And to add to that I like how on commentary in AEW Excalibur honors the names of moves made famous by certain wrestlers regardless if they worked in AEW or not. Instead of a sit out power bomb Excalibur will refer to it as a Liger bomb made famous by Jushin "Thunder" Liger. When Eddie Kingston does those machine gun chops in the corner Excalibur will remind people that those are Kenta Kobashi chops. When Penelope Ford does her back bridging headlock Excalibur calls it the Muta lock in honor of The Great Muta. Asuka does that same move in WWE but they call it the Asuka lock. The Fujiwara armbar is another one made famous by Yoshiaki Fujiwara. In WWE you rarely see them refer to a move made popular by a particular wrestler unless they wrestled in WWE at some point. Just another example of that isolationist mentality.

Last edited:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never thought I would hear this come out of Cornette mouth. He must be getting soft. I know he has his issues with Omega, the Bucks and Orange Cassidy but I wouldn't be shocked if he worked with AEW in some capacity in the future. He better be careful though because he'll start losing followers if he consistently gives AEW praise. :lol:

Despite what some think, Corny gives props to AEW when it's due like for CM Punk's debut.
He said AEW debuted him perfectly and did it better than what he would have done.
He even thanked Tony Khan personally for giving a shot out to Bobby Eaton right after he passed.