Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Why the hell is Lashley, Big E, & Roman having a triple threat match on Raw with no real build up? Those are marquee names and that match could be a Big 4 PPV headliner.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
This comes off weird to me. Honoring someone with no connection to your company, someone who's family still has strong ties to the competition.

I get it, Owen had fans everywhere, just comes off weird.

Would be like the Boston Red Sox honoring Thurman Munson with an annual weekend celebration.

FWIW Mark Henry probably had a lot to do with this, with regards to making the connection.
I don’t get your analogy cause Munson never played for the red sox

george herman did tho

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
What blood is she out for? She's not entitled to do business with WWE. If other members of the Hart family want to do business with them that's their business.

I didn't like it when WCW did it with Sting either. It's a dangerous spot that no one should be doing.

We also know from the investigation Martha Hart did illustrated in the "Dark Side of the Ring" episode that the rigging crew WWE used for the stunt used a cheap rigger on a harness inadequate to support the weight of someone at that height. We also know Owen Hart didn't want to do the stunt in the first place but probably felt pressured to do it for fear of losing his push. Vince put Owen in that situation.

And they settled with her for 18 million. If she wants to do business with AEW and properly honor Owen's legacy more power to her.
He made owe. Do that blue blazer BS to get back at his brother.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She wants the same thing apparently some of y'all want, the death of WWE. LOL

I know I personally don't want the end of WWE. Neither does Tony Khan or any other sensible professional wrestling fan. That would be bad for the industry. What I do want however is WWE to get off this whole elitist isolationist mindset and start humbling themselves. Be kind and fair to your employees, work with other wrestling promotions instead of trying to bury them and stop with the overly scripted sports entertainment bullshit. It's not rocket science. Imagine if WWE were humble enough to work with AEW and other promotions and put on a super show. The amount of money that would generate. The dream match possiblies. Instead they rather do business with Saudi Arabia. Until WWE gets it's head out of it's ass you're going to see more and more people gravitating towards AEW.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why the hell is Lashley, Big E, & Roman having a triple threat match on Raw with no real build up? Those are marquee names and that match could be a Big 4 PPV headliner.

Because MNF and AEW have been beating them in the 18-49 rating demo. So they've gotten desperate to pop a good rating hence why you see the hot shot booking of Lashley, Big E and Reigns.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince wants RAW's Demo back really bad tonight...
Because MNF and AEW have been beating them in the 18-49 rating demo. So they've gotten desperate to pop a good rating hence why you see the hot shot booking of Lashley, Big E and Reigns.

Was listening to Billi Bhatti and he's right, they don't give a shit about that demo. Disco says it all the time too, look at their audience: men, women, & children. The biggest demo they care about: the kids! They don't focus on that demographic & the networks know that. Fox is pissed they passed on Punk & gave the network to NBC, NBC is pissed Fox got the better show.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Was listening to Billi Bhatti and he's right, they don't give a shit about that demo. Disco says it all the time too, look at their audience: men, women, & children. The biggest demo they care about: the kids! They don't focus on that demographic & the networks know that. Fox is pissed they passed on Punk & gave the network to NBC, NBC is pissed Fox got the better show.
I can agree with the WWE focusing on the children.

Shit, the first time I watched was (or remembered) was when my dad had me watch the first WrestleMania and saw Hogan slammed Andre... I've been a WWE kid, but when I got older in my age that's when things changed.

AEW is there for the teens and above at this moment and exposing other wrestling shows like Impact, GCW and NJPW helps the industry.

I

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Except for a few years during the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras, WWE has always been children's geared entertainment.

That's where they make their money..

I watched the third ever Saturday Nights Main Event the other night with my kid on Peacock and it was a Halloween special. All the wrestlers, heels and faces were a dressed in costumes. This was back before WrestleMania 2, when Hulk Hogan still wore white trunks and tag teamed with Andre the Giant. Tito Santana fought Macho Man for Chico's intercontinental title.

Looking at it with adult eyes, it was mad childish but none of us cared back then because it was real to us....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just to give you an idea of what Arthur Ashe Stadium looks like where AEW Dynamite will be held tomorrow night. It has a total seating capacity of 23,771. Last time I checked AEW sold somewhere around 21,000 tickets.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
See that's that WWE isolationist mindset that Vince has conditioned WWE stans with. The whole " If he/she didn't work in WWE then we won't honor them" nonsense. There's nothing weird about honoring a wrestler's legacy regardless of what promotion he wrestled in. It's called being a wrestling fan. Tony Khan is a wrestling fan and he'll probably tell you he enjoyed Owen's work more in New Japan than he ever did in WWE.

I would say Jericho.
I like how you used the word wresting and wrestlers. There not Superstars they are fucking wrestlers and I like the fact AEW calls them that.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor

Advertisers care about that 18-49 demo. They're the ones that spend the money.

Yeah, WWE can get kids to want their merch, but the kids don't buy it. The kids can't make bets on Draft Kings, or buy Gillette razors, or buy phone plans on Cricket Wireless or drive Hyundais. They gotta engage the parents, too, aka the 18-49 demo.

Otherwise, Raw and SD would just be kid shows. They wouldn't have Roman making missionary jokes and all the women calling each other bitches if they weren't trying to engage young adults.