ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
This is the Arthur Ashe card, BTW. They're doing a 4-hour taping tomorrow, Rampage will be two hours Friday, it's basically a PPV:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.00.40-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.01.14-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.01.31-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.02.00-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.02.20-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.02.34-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.02.48-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.03.02-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.03.28-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.04.03-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-10.03.44-AM.jpg

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Advertisers care about that 18-49 demo. They're the ones that spend the money.

Yeah, WWE can get kids to want their merch, but the kids don't buy it. The kids can't make bets on Draft Kings, or buy Gillette razors, or buy phone plans on Cricket Wireless or drive Hyundais. They gotta engage the parents, too, aka the 18-49 demo.

Otherwise, Raw and SD would just be kid shows. They wouldn't have Roman making missionary jokes and all the women calling each other bitches if they weren't trying to engage young adults.
Appealing to kids has traditionally worked for the WWE, especially during the 80s with Hulk Hogan.
The parents bring the kids to the shows and buy the merch and sometimes buy for themselves. That is still a coveted demo.
It's like animated movies that primarily appeal to kids but then throw in small doses of adult humor for the parents that brought their kids.
TV viewership among kids is down today because kids have so many other options when it comes to TV viewing (YouTube, streaming, etc.).

We just have to accept at some point that WWE is not for us anymore. Just like MTV is not for us anymore. It's for our kids now.
WWE is now doubling down on appealing to kids while AEW is doubling down on appealing to the 18-49 demo.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a great video package. I'm really hyped for tonight's show. I think this ends in a draw. They haven't done one of those in a while and it can be effective. All you got to do is look at Omega's time limit draw against Kazuchika Okada at NJPW Dominion in 2017. It's considered one of the best matches ever.

Last edited:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Appealing to kids has traditionally worked for the WWE, especially during the 80s with Hulk Hogan.
The parents bring the kids to the shows and buy the merch and sometimes buy for themselves. That is still a coveted demo.
It's like animated movies that primarily appeal to kids but then throw in small doses of adult humor for the parents that brought their kids.
TV viewership among kids is down today because kids have so many other options when it comes to TV viewing (YouTube, streaming, etc.).

We just have to accept at some point that WWE is not for us anymore. Just like MTV is not for us anymore. It's for our kids now.
WWE is now doubling down on appealing to kids while AEW is doubling down on appealing to the 18-49 demo.

But with kids now having so many other options to choose from, you would think Vince would pivot and either make something for that demo he lost or come with a better product that will bring those kids back. Forcing his talent to get rid of their Twitch, Youtube channels was STUPID as he is losing kids to those services. Now forcing them to be family friendly or cutting promos for the WWE within their streams would be a path better for everybody.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great match to start off the show between Danielson and Omega. Their PPV match, whenever they have one, will be epic.
The women's match at the end was meh, nothing great there.
Cody has gone Hollywood and barely wrestles anymore. Not surprised the fans are booing him.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great match to start off the show between Danielson and Omega. Their PPV match, whenever they have one, will be epic.

Oh indeed and by that time I don't think Omega is the champion. They're going to build Hangman back up and have him take the belt off of Omega and then Omega will be freed up to have his ppv match with Danielson.

The women's match at the end was meh, nothing great there.

Ruby has an interesting look but she's not a good worker and Britt is not good enough to carry her. That's why that match was rather lukewarm. Baker usually has her best matches when she wrestles someone who can work like a Shida, Rosa, or Statlander.

Cody has gone Hollywood and barely wrestles anymore. Not surprised the fans are booing him.

It's not really because he's gone Hollywood it's more so that fake American patriotism bullshit that he does. People are sick and tired of it. It's a cheap gimmick to get people to cheer him. He needs to turn heel.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh indeed and by that time I don't think Omega is the champion. They're going to build Hangman back up and have him take the belt off of Omega and then Omega will be freed up to have his ppv match with Danielson.

Ruby has an interesting look but she's not a good worker and Britt is not good enough to carry her. That's why that match was rather lukewarm. Baker usually has her best matches when she wrestles someone who can work like a Shida, Rosa, or Statlander.

It's not really because he's gone Hollywood it's more so that fake American patriotism bullshit that he does. People are sick and tired of it. It's a cheap gimmick to get people to cheer him. He needs to turn heel.
Ruby is actually a good worker when she has a good opponent. It just seemed like her and Britt didn't click in the ring tonight.

Cody just doesn't connect with the audience anymore. Between the game show and now reality TV show and his gimmick, he's starting to get 'go-away' heat. He's always come off kind of pretentious to me anyway.
He acts like he's changing the world and making it a better place by having a black wife and now a mixed child. LOL

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't like them jobbing out Ruby Soho like that. I get it took a ton of interference for Baker to win, but still.

Ruby will be alright. She needs to spend some time on Dark and Elevation to tighten her skills up. When they build her back up she'll be a better wrestler for it.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ruby is actually a good worker when she has a good opponent. It just seemed like her and Britt didn't click in the ring tonight.

This is what I'm talking about though. The testament of a good worker is someone who can have good to great matches with any opponent. Rosa doesn't have bad matches. Shida doesn't have bad matches. Deeb doesn't have bad matches. When you put two average workers in the ring together this is what you get.

Cody just doesn't connect with the audience anymore. Between the game show and now reality TV show and his gimmick, he's starting to get 'go-away' heat. He's always come off kind of pretentious to me anyway.
He acts like he's changing the world and making it a better place by having a black wife and now a mixed child. LOL

Exactly, which is why a heel change would do wonders for him. He probably won't do it but that's what's needed.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

At this point Omega's heel run is kind of dead in the water. He's a corny, annoying heel who doesn't know how to generate legit heat where people are invested in him losing with his promos or in his matches outside of people interfering. May as well take the title off of him and then since they need to build Hangman Page back up have Page beat Omega in a feud as he gets reestablished. Then have Page win the title if he's going to win it soon. Him beating Omega probably won't mean much especially with all of these bigger wrestlers being around.

I don't think that it's the fake patriotism even though that was a stupid addition to try to sell the match with Agogo. It's the over the top nature of everything that he's involved in from his entrance to him having 25 people associated with him, to the random out of nowhere feuds and the weird ways that they go and the fresh out of theatre class promos that he feels the need to give.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this point Omega's heel run is kind of dead in the water. He's a corny, annoying heel who doesn't know how to generate legit heat where people are invested in him losing with his promos or in his matches outside of people interfering. May as well take the title off of him and then since they need to build Hangman Page back up have Page beat Omega in a feud as he gets reestablished. Then have Page win the title if he's going to win it soon. Him beating Omega probably won't mean much especially with all of these bigger wrestlers being around.

Actually it will mean a lot considering the slow burn that they've invested into this feud. People are going to go nuts when Page kicks out of the One Winged Angel and beats Omega. The thing I like about Punk and Danielson is they're appreciative of the young talent in AEW and want them to get their due. They're not going to play politics and hog the spotlight.

I don't think that it's the fake patriotism even though that was a stupid addition to try to sell the match with Agogo. It's the over the top nature of everything that he's involved in from his entrance to him having 25 people associated with him, to the random out of nowhere feuds and the weird ways that they go and the fresh out of theatre class promos that he feels the need to give.

That too. He's a ego maniac which is better suited for heel than a babyface.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Advertisers care about that 18-49 demo. They're the ones that spend the money.

Yeah, WWE can get kids to want their merch, but the kids don't buy it. The kids can't make bets on Draft Kings, or buy Gillette razors, or buy phone plans on Cricket Wireless or drive Hyundais. They gotta engage the parents, too, aka the 18-49 demo.

Otherwise, Raw and SD would just be kid shows. They wouldn't have Roman making missionary jokes and all the women calling each other bitches if they weren't trying to engage young adults.

Like dude said, they have $200M a year coming in the next 3 years & that's just from one of their deals. Naturally they want it, but it's not their focus. Khan has told the world the future is in streaming...that's where they're focused for the next deals. Demos is some shit Meltzer came up with.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not about WWE not missing a chance to do business It's how they did business in the first place that got Owen killed. His death could've been completely prevented by not having him do a risky spot that in the first place and then after the fact many years later they want to induct them into the Hall of Fame. If I was Martha Hart I would tell them to fuck off too. Hell, Vince only took responsibility for Owen's death after he got taken the court. The reason people in the business are gravitating towards Tony Khan is because the dude has a heart and not a cold hearted bastard like Vince McMahon.
How was Owen doing those risky spots any different than what Sting was doing?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I like Omega as a wrestler but I agree I find him and the Young Bucks outdated and corny. Like they’re doing a NWO impression….

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How was Owen doing those risky spots any different than what Sting was doing?

Well, what we know from Martha Hart's investigation is the rigging crew WWE hired for that ppv used a cheap rigger/clip that was designed for sail boat masks and inadequate to hold the weight of a human body at that height. The guy supervising the stunt Bobby Talbert had no experience in rigging anyone. They didn't know what they were doing.

In WCW with Sting I have no idea what rigging crew they used. That information has not been made available to the public. Considering Sting is alive I guess they knew what they were doing.

And for Vince to continue the show after Owen's death was bullshit. That's now a crime scene. The show should've been stopped and immediately taped off by the police. Fans should've been refunded their money. Imagine the wrestlers that had to wrestle after that with Owen's blood fresh on the mat. Imagine JR and Lawler having to do commentary after something like that. The whole thing could have been prevented.