chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
WWE could have just made an hour long entertainment show instead of throwing all their wacky ideals on NXT.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
WWE could have just made an hour long entertainment show instead of throwing all their wacky ideals on NXT.

She's cute but her name is horrible, the segment is horrible and she's doomed unless she ends up being really good in the ring which we probably won't find out anytime soon.

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered
You got to find the online links Bruh. Just DM me and I'll hook you up.

Man I tried but I kept coming across these weird-ass foreign sites. I did find a spot that lets me download events after they've aired (I hope I remembered to bookmark it). Yeah let me get that hook-up good sir. :hellyea:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tony is with the shits today...

Tony has to understand that it's not just about the quality of the show with WWE fans it's about conditioning. WWE Raw sucks and has sucked for a long time yet people still tune in to watch it because they've been conditioned for nearly 30 years to watch wrestling on Monday nights. As a promotion that's only been around for 2 years you have to overcome that. You have to change that conditioning. It's not gonna happen over night.

Also, Rampage is in a death time slot on Friday nights. It's never going to be able to compete with SmackDown. You can run Danielson vs Suzuki on youtube before Rampage to get people to tune in but when they do tune in and you give them CM Punk vs Matt Sydal they're going to quickly tune back out. Punk wants to slow burn his way back to the top by working with the younger talent but his fans don't want that and that's why the ratings have slid from 1 million when he debuted down to 500,000. Again, I appreciate Tony's passion and drive to want to be the best but hold your horses kemosabe.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love the theme, but I hope Tony Khan got permission from Giorgio Moroder (the composer of the Midnight Express theme) to blatantly rip off that theme.

I'm sure he cut him a check. Hell, Tony probably could've just licensed the original song but probably chose not to for whatever reason and opted for a remix version. I'm kind of curious to hear what Cornette thinks about FTR using the Midnight Express theme.

Last edited:

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Tony has to understand that it's not just about the quality of the show with WWE fans it's about conditioning. WWE Raw sucks and has sucked for a long time yet people still tune in to watch it because they've been conditioned for nearly 30 years to watch wrestling on Monday nights. As a promotion that's only been around for 2 years you have to overcome that. You have to change that conditioning. It's not gonna happen over night.

Also, Rampage is in a death time slot on Friday nights. It's never going to be able to compete with SmackDown. You can run Danielson vs Suzuki on youtube before Rampage to get people to tune in but when they do tune in and you give them CM Punk vs Matt Sydal they're going to quickly tune back out. Punk wants to slow burn his way back to the top by working with the younger talent but his fans don't want that and that's why the ratings have slid from 1 million when he debuted down to 500,000. Again, I appreciate Tony's passion and drive to want to be the best but hold your horses kemosabe.
I agree.

That conditioning is really hard to break at times and after 20-30+ years... It's a task, but channel flipping is easy to do.

Tony is just hitting back because WWE added the extra half hour to their site first... So, this is his reply basically....

He knows he can't beat the juggernaut, but it's worth a try.

Here's staying the buy in on YouTube first to see if he can generate watches while Smackdown is on.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sure he cut him a check. Hell, Tony probably could've just licensed the original song but probably chose not to for whatever reason and opted for a remix version. I'm kind of curious to hear what Cornette thinks about FTR using the Midnight Express theme.
Some of these musicians and bands are charging absurd amounts to license their music.
Chris Jericho mentioned on his podcast that AC/DC wanted $500k per play for "Back in Black" when they thinking of using it for the Inner Circle reunion. So it's possible the asking price for the original theme was too much, even for Tony.

Cornette likes FTR and appreciated their tribute to Bobby Eaton and the Midnight Express with the tights they're wearing now.
I'm sure he doesn't mind FTR using the Midnight Express theme.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think he understands all of that. He's said he grew up during the Monday Night Wars and is trying to recreate that atmosphere. At the end of the day if Rampage only gets 2 views, he's still going to wake up and be Tony Kahn. A rich guy with his own national wrestling promotion. To me this all seems just like a rich guy having fun with his toys.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If we use Chyna's Playboy layout as a reference that means you'll get to see Jade's tits and ass but no vagina. It will still be good nonetheless not just for the reason of seeing her nude but hopefully it would encourage other AEW women to pose nude too. Imagine if Playboy did a "Women Of AEW" issue and you got to see Tay Conti, Anna Jay, Hikaru Shida, Penelope Ford, Kiera Hogan, Dasha Gonzalez, Brandi Rhodes, Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter, etc. That shit would sell like hot cakes.

STOP!!! So much blood... rushing to one end of me!:pain:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think he understands all of that. He's said he grew up during the Monday Night Wars and is trying to recreate that atmosphere. At the end of the day if Rampage only gets 2 views, he's still going to wake up and be Tony Kahn. A rich guy with his own national wrestling promotion. To me this all seems just like a rich guy having fun with his toys.
This is Tony Khan with all his newly purchased toys, i.e. wrestlers. LOL
The_toy.jpg

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

LOL and it's not even his money. It's his dad's money he's playing with. He's living a real life wrestling simulation.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tony Khan's Net worth: 7 Billion
Shahid Khan's Net worth: 8 Billion
Vince McMahon's Net worth: 3.2 Billion

I don't know how accurate these reports are online but most the reports hover around those numbers.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those numbers don't look like bullshit to me. There's no way Tony is worth almost the same as his dad.

The only thing I can gather from those numbers is perhaps they've been business partners in lot of their business ventures which puts Tony's numbers close to his father but this is all speculation on my part. I don't think anybody really knows Tony's true Net worth.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only thing I can gather from those numbers is perhaps they've been business partners in lot of their business ventures which puts Tony's numbers close to his father but this is all speculation on my part. I don't think anybody really knows Tony's true Net worth.
Another thing people need to remember is that Vince's net worth is pretty much all from WWE, while very little of the Khans' net worth is from wrestling. Vince is willing to put all his net worth behind the WWE, the Khans' will NOT put all their net worth behind AEW.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has Tony Khan Accidentally Leaked The Full AEW Full Gear 2021 Card?

AEW President Tony Khan may have accidentally leaked the entire planned card for the Full Gear 2021 pay-per-view.

An image of Khan at the NFL game between Jacksonville Jaguars and the Tennessee Titans was snapped by AP Images on Sunday 10 October, which showed Khan clutching a notebook to his chest.

Eagle-eyed social media users have noted that the page shown on the notebook appears to have the planned matches for AEW Full Gear 2021 written out, with the card on display in the picture.

The matches include:

- Kenny Omega vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page
- Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson
- The Inner Circle vs. American Top Team
- MJF vs. Darby Allin
- CM Punk vs. Wardlow
- Thunder Rosa vs. Jade Cargill
- Christian Cage vs. Adam Cole
- The Young Bucks vs. Jurassic Express

AEW Women's Champion Britt Baker is also listed for a match, but it is difficult to make out her planned opponent. Cody Rhodes is also down as competing, with the notes suggesting he will face one of Malakai Black, Andrade El Idolo or Miro.

The only match confirmed for the Full Gear 2021 card so far was announced by Khan himself in an interview on Tuesday, with 'Hangman' Adam Page challenging Kenny Omega for the AEW World Heavyweight Championship.

Some fans are also suggesting that the planned winners of each match on the Saturday 13 November pay-per-view can be made out on the notebook, as can certain production notes. For example, a note next to the planned Jade Cargill and Thunder Rosa match suggests the bout will be 'short' and will be allocated nine minutes.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember this match. It was excellent and brutal. The best match Joey Janella ever had. I think after Omega drops the belt to Hangman at "Full Gear" he takes a long break and then comes back and turns Babyface.