EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That's how I know that AEW shit run too deep because now people pretending like black champs ain't been done wrong in the past lol....but like you said regardless of race its a bad look and yeah I don' tthink they would've done it with Ospreay. It’s nothing on Swerve....he deserve the title. But wrestling promotions hasn't earned my good faith....WWE or AEW or TNA or whoever.
I really don’t think TK wanted to make Swerve the Champion. He did it because Swerve got over in spite of the shitty booking TK has done.

You’re correct, had it been Ospreay or any other CAC, TK would have made a big deal of having his new champion featured in the spotlight on some celebratory segment.

Swerve? Nah, you get to wrestle a match against some random dude to open the show. Not the main event, not the top of the second hour…no, here open the show and let’s not even acknowledge your championship win.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really don’t think TK wanted to make Swerve the Champion. He did it because Swerve got over in spite of the shitty booking TK has done.

You’re correct, had it been Ospreay or any other CAC, TK would have made a big deal of having his new champion featured in the spotlight on some celebratory segment.

Swerve? Nah, you get to wrestle a match against some random dude to open the show. Not the main event, not the top of the second hour…no, here open the show and let’s not even acknowledge your championship win.
Oh for sure. They forced the title on him.....its similar to when Kofi got it. I don't feel Swerve will hold it long....not too short because they don't want to be the company that's doing the black champ wrong for PR purposes....but they know that title is just Ospreay's its just a matter of when. And that's ok. I figured as much when the put the title on Swerve. I just hope he's a strong champ and booked right. And they fumbling out the gate with basic shit. Ospreay already gives off main event vibes and that he's the best wrestler in the company... as a booker who just put a title on Swerve I would be booking him far different than they are.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man it ain’t got shit to do with race because Willow had her moment on Dynamite. You chose to bring up race. I brought up Ospreay because he would’ve opened up Dynamite as a champ. All I’m saying is give Swerve a legit shot to carry the title they take a hit on ratings they gonna blame his title reign even though they fumbling out the gate.
It's not like Swerve wasn't on the show. He wrestled, it's like a wedding after vows and at the start of the reception you announce the bride and groom. You don't have them come out first dance cut the cake and then announce them later in the night. The very next time the public sees Swerve he should be presented as your world champion and not second fiddle to Orange Cassidy and crew.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh for sure. They forced the title on him.....its similar to when Kofi got it. I don't feel Swerve will hold it long....not too short because they don't want to be the company that's doing the black champ wrong for PR purposes....but they know that title is just Ospreay's its just a matter of when. And that's ok. I figured as much when the put the title on Swerve. I just hope he's a strong champ and booked right. And they fumbling out the gate with basic shit. Ospreay already gives off main event vibes and that he's the best wrestler in the company... as a booker who just put a title on Swerve I would be booking him far different than they are.
We all know the title is Osprey but he should work programs with Okada, Hangman, Jay White, Samoa Joe and finally Omega before he's awarded world title shot against Swerve

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man forget the fandom and the race shit or whatever triggered you...you telling me it didn't catch you off guard that his big title win.....the next time we see him he just wrestle like any other program? That shit didn't throw you off?

No because I look at the WHOLE picture and don't accept things at face value. If he wasn't given a promo segment there must have been a reason for it and now we know the reason and it paid off for them with a ratings boost for "Collision".

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not like Swerve wasn't on the show. He wrestled, it's like a wedding after vows and at the start of the reception you announce the bride and groom. You don't have them come out first dance cut the cake and then announce them later in the night. The very next time the public sees Swerve he should be presented as your world champion and not second fiddle to Orange Cassidy and crew.
I agree…

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, he was ON THE SHOW. And? So was Kommander and Jay Lethal.

He wasn’t given time on the mic or a segment to celebrate his achievement. That’s the spotlight they failed to shine on him. Instead he got a match.

They didn't fail because they gave him the spotlight on "Collision" in front of more viewers.

Lolz Willow gets a TBS Championship Celebration segment, but no, lets give Swerve, the top Champion on the promotion a throwaway match with zero build against the ROH guy.

Even Jericho‘s FTW Championship win got a segment…..but Swerve can’t?

All buried later in the show when the viewership went down.

Also, let’s also highlight Moxley defending a belt, from another company, in the main event against a guy that had ZERO chance of winning said belt.

The main event is when viewership is near it's lowest. That's why they have the AEW World Champion wrestling in the first match when viewership is at it's highest.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No because I look at the WHOLE picture and don't accept things at face value. If he wasn't given a promo segment there must have been a reason for it and now we know the reason and it paid off for them with a ratings boost for "Collision".
The boost didn’t come because of him waiting to do a promo though. It came from the NbA lead in.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
They didn't fail because they gave him the spotlight on "Collision" in front of more viewers.
Yes, six days later on their secondary subpar show.
All buried later in the show when the viewership went down.
So TK doesn't believe in Swerve enough to have him on later on in the show?
The main event is when viewership is near it's lowest. That's why they have the AEW World Champion wrestling in the first match when viewership is at it's highest.
So do you care about ratings or not? Why not have the champ bookend the show, open with a promo and set up a main event match to close out? Oh yeah, I know why, TK booking and reasons....

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
We all know the title is Osprey but he should work programs with Okada, Hangman, Jay White, Samoa Joe and finally Omega before he's awarded world title shot against Swerve
Swerve as champion should be the one working programs with everyone you mentioned......instead, TK will have Swerve wrestling Daniel Garcia, Nick Wayne or Saraya's idiot brother.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And to add even more insult they (literally) roll out TK's favorite, Pockets, as the first thing we see on Dynamite to further an angle no one cares about.
TK's been notorious for bad booking, but all of a sudden folks wanna act like this isn't another example of bad booking.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
And to add even more insult they (literally) roll out TK's favorite, Pockets, as the first thing we see on Dynamite to further an angle no one cares about.
TK's been notorious for bad booking, but all of a sudden folks wanna act like this isn't another example of bad booking.
He fucking sucks as a booker. He really is a detriment to that company and they will continue to bleed viewers and talent so long as he refuses to give up the booking duties.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Welp, let's look at the history of champions after they win the title...

Dynamite 10/2/19 Jericho attacks and beats the brakes off of Cody, refers to himself as "Le Champion"

3/4 2020 Moxley kicks off the show with a promo as the new champion

12/9/20 Kenny Omega arrives by helicopter with Don Callis, does an in ring interview with Tony Schiavone

11/17/21 show kicked off with New Champion Hangman Adam Page National Cowboy Shit Day Celebration

6/1/ 2022 CMFTR match, followed by new champion CM Punk in ring promo

6/29/ 2022 Mox interim champion, Blood and Guts match

8/31 2022 Mox new champ kicks off the show with in ring promo

9/7 2022 (Brawl out situation) title stripped

9/21 2022 Mox wins championship
9/28 2022 Mox has eliminator match, stare down with Page, interrupted by MJF

11/30 2022 MJF long promo with Regal unvailing the Triple B belt

1/10 2024 Samoa Joe long in ring promo, Swerve comes out, then Page, then Hook

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They're not gonna feed Ospreay all those names before facing Swerve. That's not practical.
That's my point the belt will be given to him too fast let's build the momentum. Also this should ibushi, takeshita, Okada and Jay White let's see some of those NJPW 5 star banger matches

Once he is the champion he can have feuds with Copeland, Moxley a retirement rematch with Bryan Danielson and finally MJF or Omega depending on the demand

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nah, I don't think they forced the title on Swerve...He really deserved to be champion at AEW!!.....He's one of the top wrestlers at AEW and these past years his matches(win or lose) have been top notch and he's a fan favorite!!..His feud with Hangman was one of the most talked about wrestling feuds in 2023 and that match they had at Full Gear was one of the best wrestling matches in 2023!!.. :yes: ..Hell, TMZ had a segment on their show talking about that match!!..

I think Swerve is going to keep this title reign going for the rest of the year and some of next year as well...Swerve is a good champion to have at AEW..They can build alot of good matches and feuds while hes the champ!!..:yes:

Last edited:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Cody ain't been champ for a month and the internet already wants him to turn heel.

Let him ride this wave of good will for awhile. It should be at least a year before he turns, if he ever does turn.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

We will be lucky if he holds the title until Wembley, and if he does hold it that long, Osprey is taking it from him.

Nah, I don't think Ospreay will get the AEW World Champion Title this year!!....I believe they are going to wait!!..But, I think Ospreay going to get a title belt this year!!..He prob going to get the AEW International Championship Belt at the next ppv vs Roderick Strong!!..Maybe next year he might get the World title but not this year!!...I think Swerve will hold on as the Champ for the rest of the year!!..

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, six days later on their secondary subpar show.

With MORE eyes on the product because of the NBA lead in

So TK doesn't believe in Swerve enough to have him on later on in the show?

It's not about belief. It's just the viewership trend regardless of who's the champion.

So do you care about ratings or not? Why not have the champ bookend the show, open with a promo and set up a main event match to close out? Oh yeah, I know why, TK booking and reasons....

I personally don't care about ratings but TK cares about ratings and that's why he does the things he does. He doesn't care about optics. He only cares about what's gonna pop a good rating.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Welp, let's look at the history of champions after they win the title...

Dynamite 10/2/19 Jericho attacks and beats the brakes off of Cody, refers to himself as "Le Champion"

3/4 2020 Moxley kicks off the show with a promo as the new champion

12/9/20 Kenny Omega arrives by helicopter with Don Callis, does an in ring interview with Tony Schiavone

11/17/21 show kicked off with New Champion Hangman Adam Page National Cowboy Shit Day Celebration

6/1/ 2022 CMFTR match, followed by new champion CM Punk in ring promo

6/29/ 2022 Mox interim champion, Blood and Guts match

8/31 2022 Mox new champ kicks off the show with in ring promo

9/7 2022 (Brawl out situation) title stripped

9/21 2022 Mox wins championship
9/28 2022 Mox has eliminator match, stare down with Page, interrupted by MJF

11/30 2022 MJF long promo with Regal unvailing the Triple B belt

1/10 2024 Samoa Joe long in ring promo, Swerve comes out, then Page, then Hook

All those examples are when NO NBA or NHL playoffs were going on. Plus in ALL those examples except one the "Collision" show wasn't even a thing.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
All those examples are when NO NBA or NHL playoffs were going on. Plus in ALL those examples except one the "Collision" show wasn't even a thing.

So because the playoffs are on fuck giving our champion his due and letting him speak, we just gonna put him on first in a meaningless match on a show were the main event is defending another companies top championship.....Stop it! They didn't do Swerve right, and you seem to keep trying to defend it with bullshit. I haven't called you in this, but this is getting old. NXT with the NBA playoffs still was able to properly do it for Trick. Tony fucked up, again, because Tony fucks up. Stop bending over backwards with this.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
So because the playoffs are on fuck giving our champion his due and letting him speak, we just gonna put him on first in a meaningless match on a show were the main event is defending another companies top championship.....Stop it! They didn't do Swerve right, and you seem to keep trying to defend it with bullshit. I haven't called you in this, but this is getting old. NXT with the NBA playoffs still was able to properly do it for Trick. Tony fucked up, again, because Tony fucks up. Stop bending over backwards with this.
I really don't understand the blind defense of TK and his fuck ups.