blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They really had no choice but to put the belt on Moxley. Naito is a shell of his former shelf. SANADA is boring as fuck. ZSJ isn't ready for the top title. Neither is David Finley or Shota Umino. The only person I see that can take it off of Moxley is Shingo Takagi. Maybe they do that at "Forbidden Door 3".

Is this Shingo Takagi a pretty good wrestler at NJPW??

Last edited:

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
This Backlash hit different in a good way. The crowd alone was the best I have seen in along time. Matches didn't drag on for no reason, no thrown together matches just to have extra matches. Truth I would take 5 or 6 good matches on a none WM or SS PPV over 9 to 11 matches half of which mean nothing any day.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From my understanding Skye Blue came up with this sequence that Jade repeated with KAIRI yesterday at Backlash. Props!

Yep, When I saw this clip on Twitter on Sat, I remember that Jade did this move before when she was at AEW!!...I didn't remember who was the wrestler she done it too but I know she done this move before when she was at AEW.. Props to Sky Blue!!.. :yes:

Last edited:

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TK needs to let some of those real OG wrestler he has on payroll help him, before he finds himself in a WCW position.

I want someone who is not AEW (or WWE) affiliated to sit down with him for an interview and ask what he's think for real. Like not in Tony Kahn character mode, but as the real promoter of the company. I know he's said in the past that he's going for that old school east coast wrestling vibe. But you can't say that and do a half-ass job emulating main event WWE. If you're going to take on WWE it should just be at the NXT level. Smaller roster, smaller arena or studio.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I want someone who is not AEW (or WWE) affiliated to sit down with him for an interview and ask what he's think for real. Like not in Tony Kahn character mode, but as the real promoter of the company. I know he's said in the past that he's going for that old school east coast wrestling vibe. But you can't say that and do a half-ass job emulating main event WWE. If you're going to take on WWE it should just be at the NXT level. Smaller roster, smaller arena or studio.
Although AEW is on TNT/TBS and gets a lot of comparisons to old WCW, I remember reading that TK was a huge ECW fan. I wish he tried emulating and capturing the old ECW feel instead of trying to do WWE lite.

There is a place for the smaller venue and crowd participation experience ECW offered back in the day, but AEW seems to be caught in the middle of trying to appeal to those fans while trying to all be big time, doing shows in big venues that don't sell out.

You can't have it both ways. Some of the best ECW shows took place in the Elks Lodge on Queens Blvd or in the Hammerstein Ballroom. Small ass venues but ridiculous atmosphere.

AEW should have tried to emulate this instead of trying to go head-to-head with WWE.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although AEW is on TNT/TBS and gets a lot of comparisons to old WCW, I remember reading that TK was a huge ECW fan. I wish he tried emulating and capturing the old ECW feel instead of trying to do WWE lite.

There is a place for the smaller venue and crowd participation experience ECW offered back in the day, but AEW seems to be caught in the middle of trying to appeal to those fans while trying to all be big time, doing shows in big venues that don't sell out.

You can't have it both ways. Some of the best ECW shows took place in the Elks Lodge on Queens Blvd or in the Hammerstein Ballroom. Small ass venues but ridiculous atmosphere.

AEW should have tried to emulate this instead of trying to go head-to-head with WWE.
I think the WWE lite approach stems from the former main event WWE guys he has on payroll. They're all used to how Vince did things and are probably in Tony's ear about going the same route.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Priest carried that match and I like how they are slowly turning him Babyface. Damien Priest and Rhea both have basically outgrown The Judgement Day. Balor will cost Priest his title at Clash at the Castle and we'll get Priest versus Balor at SummerSlam.
I'd figure JD Mcdonagh would be the one that costs him the title since he the one member who gets the most ass-whippings :lol:

As for Rhea wonder when she going to start picking up on what Liv trying to do with Dominik(should they start trying to run with that)

Would be funny if other people start to pick up on it as well( like R-Truth & Miz,Becky Lynch and even Pat Mcafee:lol: )

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I loved Damien physically stopping the post match beatdown. I see Judgement Day turning on him and/or costing him the title somewhere down the line.

Hopefully Balor wins MitB in July so that they can teasing him cashing in on Damien and just adding to the in-group tension.

I agree with the overall sentiment in here about the Usos. I want success for both brothers, at this point the best thing about them is the presentation during their entrances. Neither Uso seems comfortable in single matches nor do they have the arsenal to carry an entire match.

I'm starring to figure out the CaC dilemma during Jey's entrance. They all know that they're supposed to waive when his music starts. So they jump in super enthusiastically with the arm waves. The problem is at no point do they look left or right to get into a waving rhythm with their neighbors. So it just looks like thousands of people dancing and waving to different songs

French CaC were especially enthusiastic to start waving and thus WAY OFF rhythm. :lol:

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now if this holds to be true, this could be a big deal IF they allow them to hold court. Now that the Bloodline is not about Roman being the champion they can cut loose with some bigger ideas that won't automatically have a glass ceiling.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Now if this holds to be true, this could be a big deal IF they allow them to hold court. Now that the Bloodline is not about Roman being the champion they can cut loose with some bigger ideas that won't automatically have a glass ceiling.

I respect their wanting to hold onto his legacy, but I hope they go in a different direction with this otherwise Bo and the rest of them will not be able to get out from under Wyatt's shadow.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Could be interesting but idk how they'll pull it off without the creative guidance of bray.

Hope it doesn't come off poorly.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't see a need for him outside of a legends deal. He's still recovering from a massive stroke, isn't he? I wonder if TK scoops him up to have him paired with JR on PPVs.....

Yeah, he's still recovering from the stroke and honestly even before that he was a shell of what he used to be on commentary.
I don't think he's been the same since the heart attack he had on the air.
Knowing Jerry though he's gonna try and have one last match in some indy promotion.
He really just needs to sit down, relax and get healthy again.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great moment in wrestling history. Too bad Kerry's lifestyle got the best of him. He needed some real guidance in his life and never really received it from his father.

I worked with a lady who was an employee at a Dallas pharmacy back in the 80s and she told me Kerry would call in his orders always slurring his words and under the influence. :smh:
Damn shame because Kerry had the look and while his in-ring wasn't the greatest, he was an attraction.