dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How does a R-Truth segment work in WWE? That shyt seems REAL minstrel-ly, but he's a tag champ. So that nullifies it?

A Sexy Red on TV (and I am biased cause I think she's an industry plant to poison the youth) wasn't good. She couldn't finish a sentence with out turning to shake her ass. On a unrelated rant, when your excuse for not inducting Chyna into the HOF is because of kids looking her up...so where those same kids NOT watching NXT?!

But it's not like he came back and went straight to AEW as a 50 year old. What, two years he was having similar matches in WWE doing the same damn thing. Those WWE matches fighting off of a tractor trailer didn't make sense either?

Not arguing that AEW isn't a dumpster fire. When people do things right, I call it out. When they don't I call that out too.

I was there shytting on WWE. You guys act like I am defending AEW and only cynical with WWE. Three years ago that WAS me, I gave them two years to get their shyt together and realistically two years isn't enough time, but I can see the writing on the wall that things aren't getting better. WWE has gotten phenomenally better. I will always have issues with it's black wrestlers, so that doesn't seem to be a thing that will ever change.
Naw when it comes to R Truth he plays the comedic role. I don’t see ministrel show….

Sexy Red did what she was suppose to do. She’s 26 or 27. She’s a student of what she saw growing up. 2000’s wrestling. Shawn Michaels, DX, Flair….not a fan of her music but she seems to be doing side missions and having fun. I can hate the system but I can’t be mad at her for being victim of it. Attitude era had far worse lol. Shaking her cheeks ain’t never hurt nobody lol.

As far as Chyna goes we know her not being in has nothing to do with her explicit past. Macho Man ain’t in there either. When guys aren’t in I assumed it was something personal.

I have no issue with Edge. I thought that tractor scene was a cinematic match for Edge? Either way Edge is kill but jumping from the top or the cage and landing on your feet can’t be good for any wrestler let alone a 50 year old. Just wasn’t a smart spot and the pay off wasn’t worth it IMO.

With Swerve I seen this coming from a mile away. People kept making excuses for it and I had a feeling he was gonna be a champ that has the title but is secondary. Just put it on Ospreay and call it a day. Pandering to black history month ain’t it either.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Macho Man ain’t in there either.
Macho Man was inducted fam. His brother Leaping Lanny Poffo inducted him in 2014/15ish

Chyna was inducted with DX. When Triple H made that statement, it was around the time she was fucking on camera, before she died.

I can see her possibly being inducted as a solo act in the future, but her place in history is there, alongside DX....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Moxley IWGP Champion, which is, NEW Japan's championship. It's not AEWs, and you can come with the working partnership, he's still the champion for another company, and it should not be featured over the AEW world champion, especially when both are performing.

On AEW TV the main event spot ISN'T where you want to be. Dynamite is at its most watched in the first 30 minutes of the show, so you want your World champion doing something in that time period and not the main event. Yeah, Moxley was in the main event but how many people watched it compared to the opening of the show. TK books his shows around viewership peaks and how to maintain that peak. That's why the women are usually put in the second hour because they can't maintain a viewership.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sexy Red is trash and misnamed but she's on the 3rd brand tucked away.
...so? That shyt comes on the same channel as the 1st brand!!! THEN they do social media! How is that tucked away?!?!?!

<RantNotDirectedAtBGOL>Look I am can't say this anymore I am not a AEW apologist, but the excuses being made for WWE by the same people for the same vein of shyt that AEW does is mind boggling. At the very least the AEW apologist here claim that shyt. Some of ya'll just move the goal post and then make excuses. I fcuked up...but I fcuked up BETTER!!!</RantNotDirectedAtBGOL>
As for Bron he's being booked how Hobbs should have been the 1st, 2nd,3rd or 4th time and he also whooped on Ilja in addition to Ricochet. When Brock runs thru Kofi who was world champion there is every reason to have an issue but when Bron runs thru Ricochet, an established midcarder, what issue is there to be had really?
You mean how Wardlow was booked?! So AEW knows how to book a big man. Just not black men

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Macho Man was inducted fam. His brother Leaping Lanny Poffo inducted him in 2014/15ish

Chyna was inducted with DX. When Triple H made that statement, it was around the time she was fucking on camera, before she died.

I can see her possibly being inducted as a solo act in the future, but her place in history is there, alongside DX....
Damn my fault I could’ve swore they was holding out on putting him in. I remember Chyna went in with DX but she deserves that spot by herself she did some good stuff without DX.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Moxley IWGP Champion, which is, NEW Japan's championship. It's not AEWs, and you can come with the working partnership, he's still the champion for another company, and it should not be featured over the AEW world champion, especially when both are performing.
TK is letting his wrestlers get top title belts from other promotions, Kenny had the AAA belt and Mox now with the IGPW title because of his weak ass booking. Instead of making interesting storylines he lends his top guys out.

He got Osprey and Okada with those mid belts, MJF back, Kenny will be back soon. TK was getting big props by having his 4 first 4 title winners booked as he wanted to but NFL coaches script their first 15 plays and make adjustments after.

Of the 4 Pillars of AEW, MJF is the only one has top guy potential. I'm not a Brit Baker fan but she was the top female star for a long time but now she's nowhere to find.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
TK is letting his wrestlers get top title belts from other promotions, Kenny had the AAA belt and Mox now with the IGPW title because of his weak ass booking. Instead of making interesting storylines he lends his top guys out.

He got Osprey and Okada with those mid belts, MJF back, Kenny will be back soon. TK was getting big props by having his 4 first 4 title winners booked as he wanted to but NFL coaches script their first 15 plays and make adjustments after.

Of the 4 Pillars of AEW, MJF is the only one has top guy potential. I'm not a Brit Baker fan but she was the top female star for a long time but now she's nowhere to find.
How does any of this help Swerve who is supposed to be the top guy in the company....also while you think about your answer, understand, I've been watching and supporting AEW since day 1, so trying to give "TK Logic" like i don't understand whats happening, aint it...Nothing you mentioned should take presidence over the AEW Championship, Nothing....

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
On AEW TV the main event spot ISN'T where you want to be. Dynamite is at its most watched in the first 30 minutes of the show, so you want your World champion doing something in that time period and not the main event. Yeah, Moxley was in the main event but how many people watched it compared to the opening of the show. TK books his shows around viewership peaks and how to maintain that peak. That's why the women are usually put in the second hour because they can't maintain a viewership.

If he booked his world champion, like the fuckin world champion and the championship meant something, people would tune in to see him, no matter what the time was that he was on! How the fuck is this so hard to understand? The booking is why shits going the way it is. You got a 2 hour time slot to make people care about your product, and he shits it aways every damn week. Not only is AEW not adding new fans in the 5 years they've been around, they're losing fans.... you can blame the NBA, NHL, NCAA, whoever you want, but people aren't showing up and they're not watching....and it's because of, say it with me, the booking!!!

To be clear, this ain't a shot at you, this venting frustration over this fuckin company

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
How does any of this help Swerve who is supposed to be the top guy in the company....also while you think about your answer, understand, I've been watching and supporting AEW since day 1, so trying to give "TK Logic" like i don't understand whats happening, aint it...Nothing you mentioned should take presidence over the AEW Championship, Nothing....
Unless it's a CAC, TK doesn't book his champion as if he were the top guy on the roster...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
If he booked his world champion, like the fuckin world champion and the championship meant something, people would tune in to see him, no matter what the time was that he was on! How the fuck is this so hard to understand? The booking is why shits going the way it is. You got a 2 hour time slot to make people care about your product, and he shits it aways every damn week. Not only is AEW not adding new fans in the 5 years they've been around, they're losing fans.... you can blame the NBA, NHL, NCAA, whoever you want, but people aren't showing up and they're not watching....and it's because of, say it with me, the booking!!!

To be clear, this ain't a shot at you, this venting frustration over this fuckin company
Cosign....All Excuses Wrestling.....

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
...so? That shyt comes on the same channel as the 1st brand!!! THEN they do social media! How is that tucked away?!?!?!

<RantNotDirectedAtBGOL>Look I am can't say this anymore I am not a AEW apologist, but the excuses being made for WWE by the same people for the same vein of shyt that AEW does is mind boggling. At the very least the AEW apologist here claim that shyt. Some of ya'll just move the goal post and then make excuses. I fcuked up...but I fcuked up BETTER!!!</RantNotDirectedAtBGOL>

You mean how Wardlow was booked?! So AEW knows how to book a big man. Just not black men
NXT is on the same network at the 1st brand and pulling in 1/3 of the ratings so it's not on the same level at all. NXT is the show with the developmental prospects and is treated as such. And other than the women that show barely ever gets mentioned in this thread because most of the time people aren't paying that much attention to it including for their big events.

I meant Bron because he's being presented strongly and as a threat but yes they could have also booked Hobbs like they booked Wardlow the 1st time when he got over and ultimately destroyed MJF before they fucked up his momentum by putting Wardlow in a feud with a 3rd tier goof manager in Mark Sterling.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you talking about this past ppv?...Moxley wasn't the main event at it...he was in the fight card but not the main event match at the ppv if that what you mean??.....NJPW and AEW have a partnership!!...Also, Forbidden Door is the next ppv for AEW!!....like I said, They are not making Swerve a weak champion!!...He's one of the top guys at AEW and he's playing the Baby face role right now!!..Swerve said he's going to fight alot on TV and be on this fighting champ vibe!!..

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW airs a show on Wednesday nights on TBS, it's called Dynamite.

Moxley main evented a Dynamite a few weeks ago carrying an NJPW belt.
Yes, They are getting ready for the next ppv in June called Forbidden Door!!...AEW and NJPW have a partnership!!...

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
If you talking about this past ppv?...Moxley wasn't the main event at it...he was in the fight card but not the main event match at the ppv if that what you mean??.....NJPW and AEW have a partnership!!...Also, Forbidden Door is the next ppv for AEW!!....like I said, They are not making Swerve a weak champion!!...He's one of the top guys at AEW and he's playing the Baby face role right now!!..Swerve said he's going to fight alot on TV and be on this fighting champ vibe!!..
Stop it. I understand its a partnership, thats why i mentioned it...it was Dynamite on 4/24, and it doesn't matter what partnership you have, you do not feature another companies championship above your own, that's bad for business, period. Forbidden door is a one off PPV, again, it's doesn't matter if you have a working partnership, you as the host, do not feature their main champion over yours...it does nothing for you!!!

As far as Swerve, him being a babyface has nothing to with shitty booking, and shitty placement. If this is Tony's idea of a fighting champion, he didn't pay attention to the formula he watched growing up. No one is saying Swerve can't fight from underneath but Got Damn, make the man who's carrying your primary championship look like he's the fuckin champion. We already talked about how he mishandled him after winning the championship. Who books their new champion in a meaningless match his first appearance after winning, and on top of that, you don't hear shit from him. Then you book him to speak on your B show that has even less eyes on it because you succumbed to complaints on social media. That went over like a fart in church. Most people I'm seeing react to this, including AEW some die hards are not happy with the Swerve reign, and outside of the cats who just refuse to stop making excuses for the King of ADD, we understand he's fucking this run up.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
:lol:Right on cue. The WORLD champion has a featured match in the first 30 mins. Eyeballs on the champ!
And true to my statement, if he was treated like he meant something, the eyeballs would show up for him no matter what the time he was on, because that would mean hes a draw, and not them trying to find the best spot for the eyeballs because they are hemorrhaging fans....smh

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
And true to my statement, if he was treated like he meant something, the eyeballs would show up for him no matter what the time he was on, because that would mean hes a draw, and not them trying to find the best spot for the eyeballs because they are hemorrhaging fans....smh
And the thing is....

I have no problem with the AEW champion showing up to open the show/be in the opening segment.

Doing so should promote the main event segment of the show where his main event match should take place.

The AEW champion shows up and wrestlers the first match of the show? Why even bother being champ, that shit is ass backwards.

Imagine Mike Tyson/Holyfield during their prime fighting the opening fight on the undercard of their PPV.

Lolz Swerve ain't being treated like a champ. He's being treated like a the opposite of a Main Eventer...a damned midcard guy carrying a title

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
And the thing is....

I have no problem with the AEW champion showing up to open the show/be in the opening segment.

Doing so should promote the main event segment of the show where his main event match should take place.

The AEW champion shows up and wrestlers the first match of the show? Why even bother being champ, that shit is ass backwards.

Imagine Mike Tyson/Holyfield during their prime fighting the opening fight on the undercard of their PPV.

Lolz Swerve ain't being treated like a champ. He's being treated like a the opposite of a Main Eventer...a damned midcard guy carrying a title
Right, I was going to say, Imagine having to put a Cody match on at 8:15 because no one was gonna stick around for the main event.... it baffles me the way some cats will bend over backwards to defend this shit.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And the thing is....

Right, I was going to say, Imagine having to put a Cody match on at 8:15 because no one was gonna stick around for the main event.... it baffles me the way some cats will bend over backwards to defend this shit.
I know for a fact that WWE opened a couple of shows with their champ(s). Once when CM Punk was holding it and once when John Cena was holding it. This isn't anything that a coked out Tony is just now doing.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Already doing Skye Blue/Mercedes Mone? Let me guess Mercedes wins then Stephanie Vaquer comes out and challenges Mercedes for a match at "Forbidden Door".

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
I know for a fact that WWE opened a couple of shows with their champ(s). Once when CM Punk was holding it and once when John Cena was holding it. This isn't anything that a coked out Tony is just now doing.
Wait, wait, wait....you went back to CM Punk, who was last WWE champion in 2011, and a Cena match....

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
They did it with Cody/Seth recently where they open the show and set up the main event.

My point is, they continually do it with Swerve and have him open the show AND wrestle in the first match.

IDGAF what you say but that's not how you treat the world champion of your promotion.

Also, why is Swerve wrestling every week? That should be the secondary title holder's job.

The world championship should be reserved for bigger shows or a once a month title defence cadence.