drewmadara96

Star
BGOL Investor
An asshole watches smackdown...A review(for all those who say I'm biased and don't criticize WWE look it up, I'm an equal opportunity dick.)

SmackDown was better than last week, they're still suffering on both brands from all the top guys and gals that are injured.

I still hate how they've presented the new bloodline so far, they are not a threat in any way, they've had their assess kicked over and over and tonight they only won due to a technicality. Solo sucks, tama and tanga are being presented as new day wild Samoan/damn near racist level characters.

Street prophets are pure athletes, they need a better gimmick. WWE sleeping on them.(Wonder why)

Paul heyman is a master and keeps you hanging on every word, without him this would be twice the disaster it already is.

Mini HHH vs theory was good up to the ending, they work well together, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Theory can work, just another guy wasted on a boring gimmick.

Nia is getting better in the mic, still needs to improve leaps in the ring before I'm hyped in her. But whatever as long as she squashes ugly ass bayley I'll be happy.

Charlotte flairs wife beat up swole Kanye with the help of the three amigos, whatever, no one cares.

Fast forwarded the ladies tag match with Naomi, don't care. Bayley is ugly, Go away.

AJ styles future announcement...
Ok they had me for a little bit until Cody came out and they jammed it up a little bit, still I liked the angle and the crowd bought in big time.

Final thoughts, better than smackdown has been, still needs major story overhauls to make it interesting

Would have been better in the Tokyo Dome.
Nia has improved but she only getting a push because of her cousin.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Nia has improved but she only getting a push because of her cousin.
No doubt about that, but that's a tale as old as time especially in pro wrestling.

From.the jerretts to the vin Erich's, the McMahons and the harts, wrestling is a family business. I rather see a bunch of Samoans benefit off nepotism then a bunch of cacs like we've seen our whole lives.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's essentially a super house show. You know this.

Meh, they did some New Japan/Gedo style booking to get Piper that title match where if you pin the champion in a tag match you get a shot. I always hated that. Just have Piper face Bayley in a non title match. Nobody actually believes that Piper is going to win this match so when you make it non-title then that makes it less predictable.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Got to earn that shit bro. We aren't doing charity cases.

It's essentially a super house show. You know this.
....this guy (Strong) loses his belt to the guy (Ospreay) who is challenging the AEW Champion at Forbidden Door....yet he demands a match, and receives it, against the current AEW Champion (Swerve)....

Talk about charity cases. Whatever happened to the ranking system? Just have Strong face Swerve in a non-title match. No one actually believes Strong is going to win the match so when you make it non-title then that makes it less predictable.....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
....this guy (Strong) loses his belt to the guy (Ospreay) who is challenging the AEW Champion at Forbidden Door....yet he demands a match, and receives it, against the current AEW Champion (Swerve)....

Talk about charity cases. Whatever happened to the ranking system? Just have Strong face Swerve in a non-title match. No one actually believes Strong is going to win the match so when you make it non-title then that makes it less predictable.....

Exactly. Tony Khan is the absolute worse at doing that shit!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Exactly. Tony Khan is the absolute worse at doing that shit!
He is the worst. That clip made no sense, like why even bother having a ranking system?
@EPDC Another example is Saraya beating Shida at last years "All In" to become the AEW Women's World champ! Completely unearned and I remember being pissed off at the time when it happened.
Yes, I remember that and agree. I hate nonsensical booking. In the case of Piper vs Bayley, I can see how it makes "sense" due to Piper being Scottish. WWE basically giving her a spotlight. Would be a nice surprise if she pulled the upset but she ain't winning. That match should be a throwaway Smackdown match, not a PPV but they are giving Piper a nice go home match. Nothing more.

In the grand scheme of things, the booking and lack of story in Smackdown's women's division is wack. Bayley's reign has been wack as there is a lack of challengers to create a story with. I hope they don't give Piper the belt, just because it's in Scotland. That would be some TK style booking lolz

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This is so stupid. Anyone upset that TK dropped the Saraya match in preference of Mercedes should STFU.

I'm not a Saraya or Mercedes fan but how the fuck are folks going to get mad at TK choosing to have Mercedes on over Saraya.

TK is a shitty booker but in this case, I don't see anything wrong with dropping Saraya's match. No one is trying to check for a Saraya match like that.....hell TK is lucky if people are tuning in to watch the show in the first place.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mercedes Mone lame ass is straight tripping and on that BS on what she said that her and willow stole the show!!!!...Shit, people are more upset and pissed that they put the belt on her on her first match at AEW!!...That wasn't right!!..

I'm still upset and pissed about it!!..
To her credit (and probably out of necessity) Mercedes has done a decent job lately of leaning into her heel persona and being over the top with her bragging about sitting courtside at the Celtics game, throwing out the first pitch at the Red Sox game, etc.
Her winning the TBS title just gets more heat on her with the fans.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is so stupid. Anyone upset that TK dropped the Saraya match in preference of Mercedes should STFU.

I'm not a Saraya or Mercedes fan but how the fuck are folks going to get mad at TK choosing to have Mercedes on over Saraya.

TK is a shitty booker but in this case, I don't see anything wrong with dropping Saraya's match. No one is trying to check for a Saraya match like that.....hell TK is lucky if people are tuning in to watch the show in the first place.

I think it was more people wanting to see Mariah wrestle more so than Saraya. The Mariah/Saraya match is just a prop to setup the Mina/Toni match at "Forbidden Door". Because of Stardom commitments Mina probably couldn't come last Wednesday so TK moved the Mariah/Saraya match to this week.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
What happened to Paige or Seraya or whatever the hell her name is? Is she just damaged goods now?
Basically. I think in addition to her neck injury taking her out for so many years and trying to make her in ring return, I feel like the women’s wrestling game has passed her by. There are so many talented women in the wrestling ring that can wrestle circles around her. Last time I saw her I changed the channel.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically. I think in addition to her neck injury taking her out for so many years and trying to make her in ring return, I feel like the women’s wrestling game has passed her by. There are so many talented women in the wrestling ring that can wrestle circles around her. Last time I saw her I changed the channel.
Damn...I use to be a fan. I know even in WWE I think she was too early and missed the Charlotte, Becky, Mercedes and Bayley debut run...but damn...yeah I know that injury killed her....thought she would end up better than this.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To her credit (and probably out of necessity) Mercedes has done a decent job lately of leaning into her heel persona and being over the top with her bragging about sitting courtside at the Celtics game, throwing out the first pitch at the Red Sox game, etc.
Her winning the TBS title just gets more heat on her with the fans.

Brother XXXplosive, I hope you right on this!!...Like I said, This gimmick and her vibe right now at AEW isn't cutting it and I see the fans is going to lose interest in her in the ring!!..I hope this gimmick will lean her to turn heel and she can be a interesting wrestler at AEW

Right now, This chick is lame!!!... :smh:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What happened to Paige or Seraya or whatever the hell her name is? Is she just damaged goods now?
She honestly had no business ever coming back from her neck injury.
WWE wouldn't medically clear her to wrestle and eventually released her.
And then of course TK the money mark threw a bunch of money at her to add another wrestler to his toy chest and she's been underwhelming to say the least.
But knowing TK he might actually re-sign her, LOL.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She honestly had no business ever coming back from her neck injury.
WWE wouldn't medically clear her to wrestle and eventually released her.
And then of course TK the money mark threw a bunch of money at her to add another wrestler to his toy chest and she's been underwhelming to say the least.
But knowing TK he might actually re-sign her, LOL.
Damn. But she medically cleared though right?